Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SSJRyu1 View Post
    1) fire arrow is a feat due to the size of hyrule according to it's map, and the distance it travels according to the map, although the calc was removed as it is on another board.
    But... I still don't see any sort of feat. Link shoots an arrow that is moving at the normal slow Zelda arrow speed and there is a flash, that's literally it. I don't see how you can spin this into being some kind of evidence of hypersonic arrows when we can clearly see the arrow moving and it's slow as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I think it's supposed to imply he shoots them into the sun as they come back on fire.

But given that you can only shoot them into the sun in that place at that time I'm not so sure that's really a Superman level strength feat. (Or alternately, that's just the only place that will teleport your sun-cooked arrows back to you. )
    Yeah, if this is what the feat is meant to be then I am calling shenanigans on that.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJRyu1 View Post
    2) I was asked to not bring up majora's moon drop feat anymore, so I have not tried to, but since you ask the reasoning behind it is he can pull it out of orbit, and imo as he was right under it before it drops, and it covers the world so no escape for him, and the end screen with him surrounded by fire just like the engulfed world was shows he tanks it, but not everybody agrees.

3) FD Link is stated in game to have all the merits of all the masks, hence he could logically do anything Majora can and more. Also he kills Majora so his offence must be above Majora's defence.
    Point one, as extensively covered, Majora is never shown to directly tank the moon drop and, given that the boss fight takes place within a pocket dimension inside the moon itself, I'm inclined to think it just didn't take the hit. Your conjecture is not fact.

Point two, given that it is the plot that Majora gets wasted by a normal dude with a sword, his tanking of a town sized object falling on him seems mighty suspicious.

Saying you can't scale characters when they have things like direct statements to substantiate it is like saying Cell can't planet bust since he never did, only statements would scale him to be able to.
    Trying to invoke DBZ is a false analogy. DBZ characters have tons of feats, a precedent of power scaling that is an actual thing in the series and a commonality of powerset. You have a single statement of vague connotations and no feats to support it. These two situations are not the same.

To reiterate, Majora, as far as has been shown in this thread, never destroyed anything significant on it's own power, it never showed anything like the destructive level of power to suggest that it had, in your words, "multi continent busting power," and was perfectly susceptible to being beaten by a normal dude with a sword. Fierce Deity Link has shown even less than that because Fierce Deity Link is not required to beat Majora nor is the form ever shown to have the same powers as Majora.

4) The clock is a story element and not a game mechanic, the running speed is a game mechanic, so if anything that is the dismissible part, and the timeframe to run around clock town would be the fact from my perspective.
    So, according to your logic, it takes Link two entire minutes to swing his sword? It takes him over fifteen minutes to walk ten metres? I mean, that's fine if you want to go that way but it does mean he's going to get wrecked by... literally anyone who isn't moving in super slow motion.

You are literally ignoring the physical dimensions of Hyrule in favour of trying to ascribe the clearly not real time clock to it. Do you honestly not see how illogical these calculations are?

Heck, if you want to play it that way, then you can't use your Sun Arrows feat either because the calcs you are referencing were using real world time. According to you, with have to use the in-game clock so it would have taken those arrows entire minutes to fly the short distance across the lake.

So, which is it going to be? The two positions are kind of mutually exclusive.

5) Also Link tanks Majora and the moon exploding over the town while on it to when you succeed in winning.
    First off, it doesn't explode. It quite calmly disintegrates into rainbows. Given the moon was a summoned object, I'm inclined to think that, with Majora slain, it just went back where it came from.

Second, Link is inside a pocket dimension that is apparently within the moon. Even if there was an explosion, which there wasn't, Link isn't shown to tank it directly.

So yeah, the feats I brought up seem most reasonable and accurate to me. I respect if you don't agree with them and even if the mods don't want to accept them, but my stance has not changed.
    You do realise it doesn't matter what you think with regards to standards of evidence, right? Like, you can say "Well, I think it's right so it's right," but that doesn't win you the debate. This is you refusing to debate properly because you don't the evidence or the facts to back up your claims.

If you're just going to ignore the rules of the board, you might want to find another board to debate on because part of being on Rumbles involves observing and abiding by the rules. Like, if this is how you're going to play this, then Rumbles isn't going to be much fun for you.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 08-23-2015 at 02:37 AM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

and that whole "that's your opinion" argument isn't gonna fly either. you have a difference of opinion on some subjects (which of the three manga in this thread is the best over for example).

but for debating rumbles, that's a bad mindset. that's essentially you putting your fingers in your ears and going "lalalalalala i'm not listening! my character wins because i say he wins!"

so going by that logic of "that's your opinion", it kinda negates the point of posting a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    But... I still don't see any sort of feat. Link shoots an arrow that is moving at the normal slow Zelda arrow speed and there is a flash, that's literally it. I don't see how you can spin this into being some kind of evidence of hypersonic arrows when we can clearly see the arrow moving and it's slow as hell.
    I think he means that we see it moving at Links perspective type of thing. So it might be slow to Link, but it would be moving stupidly fast to anyone else, etc.

If you're just going to ignore the rules of the board, you might want to find another board to debate on because part of being on Rumbles involves observing and abiding by the rules. Like, if this is how you're going to play this, then Rumbles isn't going to be much fun for you.
    A little rude don't you think? He is still new, so he can still learn. Look how I was at the beginning. I am sure Read would remember my blunder involving Wolverine Vs whatshisname from One Piece(guy who uses 3 katana's, one held in his mouth).
    Last edited by Cody; 08-23-2015 at 08:42 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I think he means that we see it moving at Links perspective type of thing. So it might be slow to Link, but it would be moving stupidly fast to anyone else, etc.
    That still doesn't make sense because, according to the logic he's employing here, the in-game clock is the only metric by which we can measure anything that happens in the game.

Which means one real world second of Link activity actually takes about two in-game minutes to happen.

It's insane.

A little rude don't you think? He is still new, so he can still learn. Look how I was at the beginning. I am sure Read would remember my blunder involving Wolverine Vs whatshisname from One Piece(guy who uses 3 katana's, one held in his mouth).
    I'm not trying to be rude, my point was more that if he's going to just ignore the rules for evidence and such then he's going to find it frustrating that we keep picking him up on that.

Also, it was Zoro.

That still doesn't make sense because, according to the logic he's employing here, the in-game clock is the only metric by which we can measure anything that happens in the game.

Which means one real world second of Link activity actually takes about two in-game minutes to happen.

It's insane.
    Oh yea. That means even one of us could kick his ass. I myself would be fine with spotting Link CBPH reactions myself. But not much more than that. He's no bullet timer or above that is for certain. I'm just trying to understand where he is coming from.

I'm not trying to be rude, my point was more that if he's going to just ignore the rules for evidence and such then he's going to find it frustrating that we keep picking him up on that.

Also, it was Zoro.
    I know you aren't trying to be rude. But it's best to help new people adjust with the rules than to say that "they probably should just leave". Again; I've known you here well enough to know that you didn't mean to come off that way. But that is how it can be interpreted you know?

Let's just try to be cool here is all I am saying .
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

So I am currently talking with Watcher and I have presented him with videos of the Fierce Deity boss fights in Majora's Mask and asked whether or not this was anywhere close to continent busting. He had this to say.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher
    As for continent-busting, I pretty much doubt the creatures Link fought in that video were supposed to be tougher than continents. And I think at least one time it took more than one hit for him to destroy a stalagmite. If he can't even destroy one of those in one hit he's nowhere near the neighborhood of continent-busting.
    We will consider this a Mod Ruling on the subject. So NO on continent busting.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.