View Poll Results: Does Fox's latest Marvel film debacle potentially damage their X-franchise in any way?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 2.86%
  • No

25 71.43%
  • Maybe... ?

9 25.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Kinberg had his hands in that mess. Should be red flag.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

If the franchise has survived the Last Stand and Wolverine: Origins, i dont see how this can be worse.

Nah. I don't think so. They're too well established for this dog turd of a movie to effect them negatively. Also their momentum is pretty good right now.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

The X-Men will be fine.

The only way I could see the FF hurting the X-Men is if Fox tries to cross them over in order to maintain the FF rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post
    I don't, the IP isn't the problem, it never has been & never will be. It's Fox, they've just been completely inept in this regard, much like they were with TLS & OW(<*snicker*).
    Exactly! A Lot of people keep saying that there already is a one good and successful F4 movie by Pixar. So if they can do that with a new idea I'm sure that someone with proper capabilities could do same with the F4 using the comics as a base!

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Yeah, I don't really see how one affects the other. Sure people may talk about the rights thing more now with the Spiderman deal and the F4 reboot failure but as someone already said, the people who really matter here are not us, who are aware of the source material and the legal stuff (to a point anyways), the real people that matter are the casual movie goers and they know jack shit.

I mean we're 15+ years on the X-Films, On our Third Spiderman reboot and Almost a Decade in the MCU and I still have to explain the different studio thing to people as the movies come out. Regulars don't care. They see the Marvel Logo and Geek over finding Stan Lee. Hell, I know people that still think Ben Afleck is Daredevil and are confuse as why he's Batman now.

But even if there was some damage done by the F4 fail, Deadpool is still generating a lot of hype, so I wouldn't worry about it.
    Yes, general movie goers are absolutley confused by the continuity of superhero films. One reviewer mentioned in his video how some people at the cinema after watching F4 were wondering how it fits into with all the stuff with Infinity Gems! That's how out of the loop average joe is! To them everything with Marvel logo in it is connected to each other no matter what studio made it.

So IF F4 affects other superhero films negatively it affects ALL Marvel films, not just the X-Men. Which kinda puts Marvel's situation into perspective. They probably don't wanna see multiple huge bombs from Fox anymore than they want to see their own films bomb since it could affect them negatively as well. Of course they hope that Fox bombing would get them the rights back but they also know that this won't happen.