View Poll Results: Does Fox's latest Marvel film debacle potentially damage their X-franchise in any way?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 2.86%
  • No

25 71.43%
  • Maybe... ?

9 25.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Will Fox's F4 Fiasco Hurt the Prospects of Their Future X-Film Efforts?

By Association, taking into consideration the overall track record of how their movies based on Marvel properties have been received in general:

X-Men (2000), $296,339,527 WW BO Gross (Unadjusted), 81% RT Critics' Average Score

Daredevil (2003), $179,179,718, 44%

X2: X-Men United
    (2003), $407,711,549, 86%

Elektra
    (2005), $56,681,566, 10%

Fantastic Four
    (2005), $330,579,719, 27%

X-Men: The Last Stand
    (2006), $459,359,555, 58%

Fantasic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
    (2007), $289,047,763, 37%

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    (2008), $373,062,864, 38%

X-Men: First Class
    (2011), $353,624,124, 87%

The Wolverine
    (2013), $414,828,246, 70%

X-Men: Days of Future Past
    (2014), $748,121,534, 91%

Fantastic Four
    (2015), $75,277,952*, currently at 8%

* Estimated; not final total

... 'cause I'm thinkin' it could. You know, once bitten, twice shy & all that.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Nope.

10char

It'll be fine. X films have a fanbase. FF films have always been accepted as being messy.

BANNED

Hope you're both right, and Apocalypse is the most successful X-movie YET, in EVERY respect!

Mighty Member

I doubt it very much, DoFP was a huge commercial success, and Apocalypse won't have Hugh jackman but it will have Jennifer Lawrence, who's currently a huge box office draw.

BANNED

True enough 'bout JLaw, but I think Apocalypse has WAY more goin' for/in favor of it, than just her/Mystique - thank GOD!

The X-men films will still sell well, they will still make more. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Fox decides to pull a last ditch effort and puts the F4 into the next X-men movie after Apoc just to try and save them.

BANNED

For the sake of the comic franchise, I'd hope that the next X-Men movies bomb completely. Fox being forced by being unable to make profitable movies to restore the rights to Marvel would be just the best thing to happen (and, yes, I know that is a pipe dream).

However, as an X-Men fan, I want the movies to be good and successful. Even if that means that people here will bitch and moan until eternity how the X-Men comic franchise is marginalized by Marvel.

Yeah, I don't see how Foxtastic Four's latest failure would affect negatively on FoX-Men: Apocalypse. They are, after all, two very different franchises and Fox has had way more past success with the latter than the former. Plus they've got Singer on board who, regardless of one's feelings about him, has been involved with all the successful x-films more or less and the only really bad ones happened when he wasn't on duty.

Of course you never know since things can change but I seriously doubt it because Fox has only gotten closer to X-Men with each successive FoX-Men film to the point where I've actually started to be hopeful in expecting to see an actual X-Men film from them one day! Imagine that an actual good and faithful-to-comics X-Men film! That'll be the day I cry tears of joy!

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    For the sake of the comic franchise, I'd hope that the next X-Men movies bomb completely. Fox being forced by being unable to make profitable movies to restore the rights to Marvel would be just the best thing to happen (and, yes, I know that is a pipe dream).

However, as an X-Men fan, I want the movies to be good and successful. Even if that means that people here will bitch and moan until eternity how the X-Men comic franchise is marginalized by Marvel.
    I know how you feel because I feel the same way!

One can hope. This is good news for the FF.

God NO! The X-men are massive financial successes; they'll continue to rake in the dough long after Fox ditch the Fantastic Four (it's a shitty superhero team people, accept it's a lost duck and move on).
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

You look at the producing company when deciding if you want to go watch a movie? Even in the case of FOX/Marvel, most people, including many fans, don't realize that the movies aren't produced by the same companies. All they see is the big "Marvel" logo at the begining.

Unlikely, just look at the last 3 X-Movies Fox has put out. All solid movies with DoFP being the best superhero flick of the past decade, and yes I am including Nolan's Batman and all Marvel Studio productions in that claim.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    God NO! The X-men are massive financial successes; they'll continue to rake in the dough long after Fox ditch the Fantastic Four (it's a shitty superhero team people, accept it's a lost duck and move on).
    I agree with Kieran!