View Poll Results: Does Fox's latest Marvel film debacle potentially damage their X-franchise in any way?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 2.86%
  • No

25 71.43%
  • Maybe... ?

9 25.71%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Sadly it won't so we gotta wait til Fox bombs harder than Origins and F4 combined.

BANNED

Hmmm... seems like I may've hit a nerve with some of the more... sensitive X-fans. I mean, hyping something up because of how great YOU think it is, is one thing. But if the only way you can build it up, is by tearing other things down, then I'd say that's rather... telling, wouldn't you? So word to the wise, be careful... 'cause your insecurities are showin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    You look at the producing company when deciding if you want to go watch a movie? Even in the case of FOX/Marvel, most people, including many fans, don't realize that the movies aren't produced by the same companies. All they see is the big "Marvel" logo at the begining.
    I don't know...if the whole "Ivan Ooze" thing is anything to go on, the Fan4stic bomb may have inadvertently made the rights situation somewhat more common knowledge among the general public and for the time being made them a little doubtful of Fox's abilities with the material they have.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Indeed, it has. Heck youtube vids with between hundreds to even millions of views talking about F4 mention Fox making this petty abd rushed movie to stop Marvel from getting the rights back. Even Reddit mentioned it a lot too.

Than there's word of mouth on the Web and real life.

Heck, it infects Marvel games too as when players ask for characters like Silver Surfer or Mutants the prime excuse against them is the movie rights.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    ... long after Fox ditch the Fantastic Four (it's a shitty superhero team people, accept it's a lost duck and move on).
    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I agree with Kieran!
    I don't, the IP isn't the problem, it never has been & never will be. It's Fox, they've just been completely inept in this regard, much like they were with TLS & OW(<*snicker*).

BANNED

You look at the producing company when deciding if you want to go watch a movie?...
    I'd say that most discerning moviegoers would, yes.

... Even in the case of FOX/Marvel, most people, including many fans, don't realize that the movies aren't produced by the same companies. All they see is the big "Marvel" logo at the begining.
    Prove it. I mean, C'MON... in the Digi Age?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin0985 View Post
    I don't know...if the whole "Ivan Ooze" thing is anything to go on, (+) the Fan4stic bomb... the general public... for the time being made them a little doubtful of Fox's abilities with the material they have.
    I KNOW, and that's what has me nervous... and just a lil' bit worried. THAT, and that Fox might be trying TOO hard this time! And may end up overcompensating in their efforts to reflect the comics & cartoons more closely (i.e., the costumes), attempting a more direct translation, as it were. I just fear that with these things combined, audiences & fans may be a lil' more wary, more gun-shy... maybe even dubious of Fox, at this point, as you say.

HOWEVER, if the movie turns out to be just full of AWESOMEness... then none of this will matter!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post
    I'd say that most discerning moviegoers would, yes.
    Hahahahaha no they don't. Discerning movie fans look at a cast and crew. Clueless people complain about Fox because they heard buzzwords on the internet (Firefly waaahhhh!!)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    Hahahahaha no they don't. Discerning movie fans look at a cast and crew. Clueless people complain about Fox because they heard buzzwords on the internet (Firefly waaahhhh!!)
    Well, ignorance is bliss, which is something I'm sure you can attest to.

Yeah, I don't really see how one affects the other. Sure people may talk about the rights thing more now with the Spiderman deal and the F4 reboot failure but as someone already said, the people who really matter here are not us, who are aware of the source material and the legal stuff (to a point anyways), the real people that matter are the casual movie goers and they know jack shit.

I mean we're 15+ years on the X-Films, On our Third Spiderman reboot and Almost a Decade in the MCU and I still have to explain the different studio thing to people as the movies come out. Regulars don't care. They see the Marvel Logo and Geek over finding Stan Lee. Hell, I know people that still think Ben Afleck is Daredevil and are confuse as why he's Batman now.

But even if there was some damage done by the F4 fail, Deadpool is still generating a lot of hype, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Amazing Member

The logic of this doesn't add up. Does it work the other way too? Wil BvS be the greatest movie of all time since the Nolan movies were so well received?

Just seems to me it's yet another fantasy scenario for MCU sympathizers. Fox sucks so bad at making comic book movies, I just want Disney to have all the rights back so they can suck in new and different ways that are more financially viable. As a fan of the MCU, I have some sort of bizarre and fantastical vested interest in its success.

Mighty Member

True enough 'bout JLaw, but I think Apocalypse has WAY more goin' for/in favor of it, than just her/Mystique - thank GOD!
    Well, JLaw is quitting after Apocalypse so they'll have to make sure there are some characters interesting enough to make fans stick around.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin0985 View Post
    I don't know...if the whole "Ivan Ooze" thing is anything to go on, the Fan4stic bomb may have inadvertently made the rights situation somewhat more common knowledge among the general public and for the time being made them a little doubtful of Fox's abilities with the material they have.
    If Apocalypse bombs it'll be because it isn't very good, and not because of the influence of FF.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    God NO! The X-men are massive financial successes; they'll continue to rake in the dough long after Fox ditch the Fantastic Four (it's a shitty superhero team people, accept it's a lost duck and move on).
    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I agree with Kieran!
    I don't, the IP isn't the problem, it never has been & never will be. It's Fox, they've just been completely inept in this regard, much like they were with TLS & OW(<*snicker*).
    I came into this forum after reading your invite over on the media forum. After reading the above quotes and their narrow minded opinion I would advise them to do their homework and read some of the classic FF runs or even just Hickman's. Also not cool to post disparaging remarks about other fan faves. I'm looking at you Kieran. Don't worry, I won't come back to this forums anyway and now this reminds me why.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

The F4 failure shouldn't hurt the X-Men. They'll continue to sell well as they always have.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Well, JLaw is quitting after Apocalypse so they'll have to make sure there are some characters interesting enough to make fans stick around.
    I don't remember her saying that she's done playing Mystique after Apocalypse, only that she'll go with her gut if she wants to continue. If Apocalypse is an even bigger success than DoFP, I can see her staying.