BANNED

Default Mass Effect trilogy for PC

Having sold my consoles, I'm considering rebuying Mass Effect trilogy for PC.

Is it worth it? What DLC's are included? The trilogy is more expensive on Origin than buying each game separately, yet it doesn't mention any of the deluxe content.

Need answer today. There's a sale on.

BANNED

From what I can gather it only includes the Mass Effetc 1 DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Having sold my consoles, I'm considering rebuying Mass Effect trilogy for PC.

Is it worth it? What DLC's are included? The trilogy is more expensive on Origin than buying each game separately, yet it doesn't mention any of the deluxe content.

Need answer today. There's a sale on.
    If you've got a PC that's built well for gaming, then yes. It is worth it. If not, I wouldn't bother.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

It doesn't take a beefy PC to run Mass Effect, the final game came out 3 and a half years ago.

And yeah the Origin trilogy says it only comes with the original game DLC, not sure what the DLC costs nowadays but you're saving about 12 bucks over buying the Vanilla games individually
    Last edited by Hiromi; 08-16-2015 at 07:20 AM.

BANNED

I can't see how rebuying the games is worth it. You already know the games never delivered on any of the concepts the first one was sold on, and gameplay wise they're shitty third person shooters that seem to get worse with each games. Just get some good third person shooters, no need to waste your money buying Mass Effect again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I can't see how rebuying the games is worth it. You already know the games never delivered on any of the concepts the first one was sold on, and gameplay wise they're shitty third person shooters that seem to get worse with each games. Just get some good third person shooters, no need to waste your money buying Mass Effect again.
    And a good morning to you too, mr. sunshine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And a good morning to you too, mr. sunshine.
    Just because you posted in the morning doesn't mean I did. Morning also doesn't make the Mass Effect games any good.

What a sad trilogy to play together, you can watch as they progressively abandon features and ideas, while some how getting worse gameplay and map layouts.

But, good morning.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I agree with simbo. To add to that the first Mass Effect game aged horribly.

BANNED

I haven't played the first one in years, but I can imagine it hasn't aged all that well. It wasn't really all that good to begin with, what was good about the first was the idea that all these different aspects about the game would be improved in the next game...but the next game just dropped that stuff. Also the overall idea that what you were doing would carry over in some kind of meaningful way, but it became clear during ME2 that wasn't happening.

The setting, music, and atmosphere were good in the first game though, and that stuff only got worse as the series went along.

If you like them than go for it. The deal on Origin does seem to only include the 2 DLC for ME1. For me the price is still a little high at 40Euros but I played ME 1+2 on X360 and again on PC and still enjoyed them. Plus ME 2 was one of the best RPG's in a long long time if you ask me and always worth a go. Love that game.

But as far as the deal goes, I don't think it includes any DLC for ME2 or 3.

Incredible Member

Getting the trilogy is good, but try to get it at a discount. Particularly since you won't be able to get all of the DLC in the trilogy pack.

My rating is : ME2>ME3>ME1

Mass Effect 1 has really outdated gameplay concepts and implementations. The story and the lore is probably the only thing that saves it.

ME 2 is the epoch of the series, with respect to gameplay and story.

The first half of Mass Effect 3 also reaches that level. The ending...well you can judge for yourself. The Citadel DLC was fun though(though probably not included in the Trilogy set).

Gameplay does keep improving across the series though. Particularly in Mass Effect 3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    Getting the trilogy is good, but try to get it at a discount. Particularly since you won't be able to get all of the DLC in the trilogy pack.

My rating is : ME2>ME3>ME1

Mass Effect 1 has really outdated gameplay concepts and implementations. The story and the lore is probably the only thing that saves it.

ME 2 is the epoch of the series, with respect to gameplay and story.

The first half of Mass Effect 3 also reaches that level. The ending...well you can judge for yourself. The Citadel DLC was fun though(though probably not included in the Trilogy set).

Gameplay does keep improving across the series though. Particularly in Mass Effect 3.
    Mass Effect 1 is really the only one worth playing, and none of them are really worth playing.

Gameplay seemed the worst in Mass Effect 3. Shooting and enemy encounters still sucked, and level layout was atrocious that go around.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Mass Effect 1 is really the only one worth playing, and none of them are really worth playing.
    Are you serious, friend?

Mass Effect is the first fictional thing I would recommend someone who has never watched a fictional movie show, read a book/comic book or played a game.

It's that freaking good imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Are you serious, friend?

Mass Effect is the first fictional thing I would recommend someone who has never watched a fictional movie show, read a book/comic book or played a game.

It's that freaking good imo.
    Yes, a thousand times yes.

Writing wise it's nothing special, so I've really no idea at all why anyone would recommend it to someone who's never seen any sci-fi...I'm guessing you mean sci-fi, and not just fiction in general, because then that statement becomes even crazier. It's even weirder because the tone of the original game, with it's film grain filter and it's synth soundtrack are a throwback to '80s films; so I'm not even sure someone could fully appreciate the style of the game without seeing some '80s sci-fi and action movies, along with other things like Star Wars and some spy movies like older James Bond.

It's also a video game, it's a thing that's meant to be played, and as a video game it's really not very good. The idea of the game is nice. At the time of it's release the idea that BioWare would get all these flawed but interesting aspects of the game to a more polished and refined state could give you hope for the next game, but BioWare never did that. The idea that the stuff you did in that game would have a meaningful impact in the next two games was also interesting, but that's not something that happened either.

The style and setting of the first game were good, but that's really it. The moment to moment things you're doing while actually playing the game aren't.