Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Robbie Thompson Spins A Sinister New Thread For "Silk"

When Thompson and Stacey Lee's "Silk" returns this fall, Cindy Moon will be on the wrong side of the law -- but will it be for the right reasons?

Full article here.

Another one i can pass on, mostly due to the goblin king being an antagonist. Sayonara Silk.

Black Cat's going to go even more bad? Oh boy .

The irony of J. Jonah Jameson defending Silk, who's actually committing crimes (apparently), should not be lost on anyone .

It should be interesting to see Cindy trying to manage her double-life now that she's embarked on a life of crime, since Supervillains tend to not hold secret identities for very long, and that her new lifestyle doesn't seem to be public knowledge yet. Of course, considering quite a few Spider-heroes, including Peter, know who she is means that once this comes out (as it's confirmed to do), she's probably going to be in a lot of trouble.

All evidence points to Cindy not doing this because she enjoys it, but because she feels she has to, so I guess the best I can hope for is that she manages to accomplish what she needs to and gets out before the temptation of crime really pulls her in and she winds up behind bars .

Amazing Member

So when is Felicia receiving her evil mustache?
    At this point her character is a complete joke, so I guess it's Cindy's turn now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The irony of J. Jonah Jameson defending Silk, who's actually committing crimes (apparently), should not be lost on anyone
    Like Deadpool Annual where Wade became a "All-New Superior Spidey" while the real one is unconscious...

not a fan of Black Cat continuing to be evil, but i'm very happy Silk is returning post SW.

Thompson has done a great job with the character, given that she was the most sexist introduction of a character that I've ever seen.

"This month, our hero finds a girl whose super power is that she has to have constant sex with our hero", yeah, like I would ever buy that book for my daughter. Thompson would be smart to just never reference that aspect of her character again, and maybe even retcon it, or have something happen where that animal-attraction is gone.

I'm gonna give this new volume a chance though this interview has me a bit worried for what they'll end up doing to Silk in the end. We've been having an ongoing trend of the women in Peter's life going darker starting from Black Cat to Wraith and Silk has been a fun character both in Amazing and her own solo. So as someone whose liked her all along, I really hope this doesn't end up ruining her because last thing we need is another woman going down that path.

BANNED

Another bad execution. I get it, let blame PP for my life but these executions on how they come across could be way more thought out. I'm not sold to this nor this piss poor stance on Felicia as well.

BANNED

so what's the hook for reading silk?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    so what's the hook for reading silk?
    Beautiful art, strong balance of humour and emotional drama, likeable lead.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    Beautiful art, strong balance of humour and emotional drama, likeable lead.
    Did I read the same book?
    Because it looked like a sketchbook and the "beautiful art" was nowhere to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by plo12 View Post
    Did I read the same book?
    Because it looked like a sketchbook and the "beautiful art" was nowhere to be found.
    I guess that's where that whacky thing called personal taste comes in. Although I fail to see how looking like a sketchbook is a pejorative... sketch is not a term describing quality.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I would be more willing to give Silk a chance if Black Cat wasn't being used so uninterestingly in her book. I mean, the whole "she's even more evil now!" shtick is getting tiring and old. Does anyone actually look forward to reading about evil!Cat every month?

Ultimate Member

My guess is that it's simply a mandate at this point. All the Marvel writers have essentially been told "Black Cat is evil now, deal with it." That's essentially what they've told the fans. Plus Thompson had nothing to do with her going bad. That was Dan Slott's screw-up.