Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Should Spider-Man start dating heroines?

Peter and MJ won't be a couple for a while, so why not Peter start to date characters like Captain Marvel, Firestar or even Spider-Woman? The old dynamic between Spider-Man and Black Cat during the Mantlo's and Stern's period was very fun, and I think something like that would be fun too.

Why not, it could make sense in the next status quo with Peter & Spidey getting much more global and famous etc.

To point fingers as a whole different series, DC has Superman/Wonder Woman as a comic devoted to the couple dating. I think Captain Marvel would eat him for lunch, but we'll go with that. A Spider-Man/Captain Marvel comic would easily be doable.

Spectacular Member

Yes, Miles & Kamala *Squeee*

I think it'd be interesting to see it go badly, but it shouldn't be a regular thing. Part of it is that popular characters are the equivalent of celebrities. If Spidey's dating someone Milos Manera drew in a variant cover, it feels to the reader like he's dating someone famous.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coolatta View Post
    Yes, Miles & Kamala *Squeee*
    Pfft, nice. I like this too.

I think Renew Your Vows is at least going to try and restart interest in Peter's relationship with MJ, so I'm not ruling that out, but if MJ wasn't a factor? Sure, I'd be okay with Peter dating superheroines. Though Carol is with Rhodey right now and I think she and Jessica would get together before either of them would go out with Peter, while Firestar is closer to Iceman. So, I'm not opposed to the concept, but there isn't anyone in particular that comes to mind for a preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Pfft, nice. I like this too.

I think Renew Your Vows is at least going to try and restart interest in Peter's relationship with MJ, so I'm not ruling that out, but if MJ wasn't a factor? Sure, I'd be okay with Peter dating superheroines. Though Carol is with Rhodey right now and I think she and Jessica would get together before either of them would go out with Peter, while Firestar is closer to Iceman. So, I'm not opposed to the concept, but there isn't anyone in particular that comes to mind for a preference.
    I don't think Firestar and Iceman are going to work out but for me the red hair is too close to MJ's

Fantastic Member

It would be a smart move - Spider Man is often worried about how his loved ones could become targets for his enemies. Having a super hero as his girlfriend would make this less of a concern - if he were to date Carol Danvers, for example, he would be with someone stronger than most of his enemies.

Unfortunatelly, Peter Parker has often been portrayed as a failed man-child. The coming status quo as a high successful milionaire will likely have the first issue with the seeds of how it will all come crashing down and Parker will come back to living with Aunt May (I wish someone would just kill her already) and running out of webfluid while trying to take pictures for the Daily Bugle.