Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    None of this indicates how Rachel's whole life isn't about being a mutant superheroine from an alternate future.
    Because she can do other things.

Join Parker Industries to help spread Unity between Human abd Mutant and train Peter in TP defenses as his aren't up to snuff.

She can even blackmail him about his secret identity to get her foot in the door if need be but later falling for his goofy intelligent self.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Because she can do other things.

Join Parker Industries to help spread Unity between Human abd Mutant and train Peter in TP defenses as his aren't up to snuff.

She can even blackmail him about his secret identity to get her foot in the door if need be but later falling for his goofy intelligent self.
    No offense, but having Rachel come in and black mailing Peter doesn't strike me as particularly endearing. It's the kind of thing that would make the Spidey audience hate the character.

BANNED

Couldn't be worse than Silk claiming that she would keep using the spider-pheromones right after Peter expresses discomfort with them as part of her ultimatum for him to leave town to make room for her.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    No offense, but having Rachel come in and black mailing Peter doesn't strike me as particularly endearing. It's the kind of thing that would make the Spidey audience hate the character.
    Rachel isn't above it, after all Spider-Man blackmailed them when he went to their school and nearly got it destroyed. So...

If anything, it's entirely in her character to give him a taste of his own medicine. Who knows? Maybe it'll humble Spider-Man a bit.

Spider-Man and The X-Men already did that, it's also character growth as Rachel wouldn't be serious about said threat, since if she was then it wouldn't be a secret anymore, and they would learn to get along unlike at the school where Spider-Man caused a ton of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Rachel isn't above it, after all Spider-Man blackmailed them when he went to their school and nearly got it destroyed. So...

If anything, it's entirely in her character to give him a taste of his own medicine. Who knows? Maybe it'll humble Spider-Man a bit.

Spider-Man and The X-Men already did that, it's also character growth as Rachel wouldn't be serious about said threat, since if she was then it wouldn't be a secret anymore, and they would learn to get along unlike at the school where Spider-Man caused a ton of issues.
    I know. It's part of Rachel being a mutant super heroine from an alternate future timeline.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Couldn't be worse than Silk claiming that she would keep using the spider-pheromones right after Peter expresses discomfort with them as part of her ultimatum for him to leave town to make room for her.
    I think you need to re-read that sequence. You've clearly read it wrong if you think that it's been stated anywhere that Silk actively "uses" her pheromones.
    I find that a lot of problems you appear to have with the characters, set ups, and things I've said online stem from things you've either misread or things which you have forced your own skewed interpretations on top of.

Edit: Did you know that correctly pointing out that Silk's pheromones (and Peter's for that matter) are involuntary, and that a poster is misrepresenting that-- is a form of harassment? But if that SAME poster (like the author of a tumblr piece that might have sent you here) falsely calls another person a "rape apologist" around the internet-- well apparently that is perfectly fine. Go figure.
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 09-12-2015 at 11:27 AM.

I'm just glad that the pheromones element got dropped really quickly after Spider-Verse .

I did like it when the Ultimate Peter dated Kitty Pryde. Seemed natural and worked well, though he did end up back with MJ by the end.

However, whoever Peter dates next, I hope it does not seem forced (as with Silk and Carly, in my opinion). Peter seems to be running out of a female supporting cast these days; key word "support" as MJ doesn't have much of a role in the book any more, Black Cat is now "bad" (just temporary I think; she still makes the most sense after MJ), Betty Brant is nowhere to be found, Carly doesn't want anything to do with him, Aunt May is off enjoying married life, Silk and Spider-Gwen are off doing their own things, Spider-Woman is already knocked up, didn't work out with Carol Danvers, Silver Sable is supposedly dead, Black Widow seemed interested at one point but that fizzled fast, X-Women don't really associate with Spider-Man, etc. Anna Maria, the best new female addition to the cast, works better as a friend now that Ock has left his body. He needs someone in his life (not more of Aunt May again), but he is running out of options. Seems to support the case to bring back the marriage to MJ . . .
    Last edited by Gnarlly; 09-14-2015 at 12:28 PM.

Sure it might be interesting, anything is better than the romantic relationship free status quo at this point imo.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    I think you need to re-read that sequence. You've clearly read it wrong if you think that it's been stated anywhere that Silk actively "uses" her pheromones.
    I find that a lot of problems you appear to have with the characters, set ups, and things I've said online stem from things you've either misread or things which you have forced your own skewed interpretations on top of.
    yeah i noticed this "reading between the panels" reagrding silk's pheromones and intentions during spider-verse. people will read a book the way they see the world.

Agendas. Agendas everywhere.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«