Or Screwball! <3
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Right.
    Or Wraith.

Or Screwball! <3
    I don't know how to tell you this, but it's pretty obvious that Marvel doesn't want to set Spidey up with Wraith (or Screwball).

BANNED

He should date someone more powerful and self competent than he is, inverse the typical living self martyr romance cliche and have the man rely on her if not wear the pants in the relationship when Spidey is in a pickle or completely in overpowered in battle, which Carol Danvers would have done for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Right.
    Or Wraith.

Or Screwball! <3
    Isn't Screwball a teenager?
    ... I would totally read a story where Peter unknowingly dates a teenager and pukes when he finds out.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Screwball is a teenager I believe.

He should date a Mutant.

Rachel Grey-Summers could use some Parker love to make her smile again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Psylocke would a better choice.
    I disagree.

Rachel hasn't really dated anyone since Korvus so.... Perfect amount of awkwardness for going with Peter.

Psylocke doesn't really "date", she kinda just takes what she wants than moves on.

Incredible Member

Some fans remind me of the internet wrestling community. They want someone just because of some feature. Like when Daniel Bryan joined the Wyatt family. The fans demanded it for months strictly because Bryan has a beard. And the story was botched and made zero sense. And it sucked.

So because Peter is a super-hero he should date other heroines? Okay, but then that means he loses his "every man, done on his luck loses every girl" appeal that so many of you wanted back when he was married to MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I don't know how to tell you this, but it's pretty obvious that Marvel doesn't want to set Spidey up with Wraith (or Screwball).
    Relax, just some examples of character types I was talking about. A romance with another vigilante/superhero could easily be done if they so chose to do it.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Isn't Screwball a teenager?
    ... I would totally read a story where Peter unknowingly dates a teenager and pukes when he finds out.
    She is? I always just assumed considering her design and proportions, not to mention that she was a full-fledged fun-loving daredevil criminal, that she was at least in her early 20's at most. I can't remember anything that said she was a teenager.

Otherwise, what SpOck did to her comes off even more badly than it did originally...

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    He should date a Mutant.
    This would mean Marvel not treating mutants as pariahs because they can't make X-Men movies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    So because Peter is a super-hero he should date other heroines? Okay, but then that means he loses his "every man, done on his luck loses every girl" appeal that so many of you wanted back when he was married to MJ.
    It all depends on how the story is written. People tend to forget that some heroines are everyday people too, regardless as to whether they have superpowers or not. Let's suppose that Marvel gave MJ superpowers, does that mean he can't date her anymore because of it such as the case of Betty Ross becoming the Red She-Hulk? Personally, I think that Peter should not have a romantic relationship with anyone until the initial friendship/partnership development occurs between him and a heroine by way of their superhero adventures and their normal civilian routine whether it's personal or professional.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-26-2015 at 03:50 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Spider-Man did date a superheroine already: Sue Storm, in an ASM Annual retro story ('89 IIRC) which was dated before Sue and Reed even got engaged. It didn't turn out quite as well as Peter wanted.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This would mean Marvel not treating mutants as pariahs because they can't make X-Men movies.
    Well, they have no issue using MUtants to push other properties and Peter did teach at the JGS for a bit before Storm fired him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Spider-Man did date a superheroine already: Sue Storm, in an ASM Annual retro story ('89 IIRC) which was dated before Sue and Reed even got engaged. It didn't turn out quite as well as Peter wanted.
    In my opinion, it all depends on how the story is written by the assigned writer. Those retroactive stories sometimes never turn out right unless Stan Lee was writing the story as he was the one who featured the FF in the initial ASM series #1.

Too often, writers tend to make Peter's date unremarkable rather than using that opportunity to create a story that could place to the two into a situation that they have never encountered before, such as Peter's date with Carol Danvers in regards to Mystique and Mysterio as a possible story direction. Even an adventure whereby Carol and Peter are up against the Kingpin and his business partner The Blob(Fred Dukes). The Blob was a central villain in Spider-Man's world for a time under Roger Stern. Imagine the story potential whereby Peter and Carol are playing pool on their second date?

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    It all depends on how the story is written. People tend to forget that some heroines are everyday people too, regardless as to whether they have superpowers or not. Let's suppose that Marvel gave MJ superpowers, does that mean he can't date her anymore because of it such as the case of Betty Ross becoming the Red She-Hulk? Personally, I think that Peter should not have a romantic relationship with anyone until the initial friendship/partnership development occurs between him and a heroine by way of their superhero adventures and their normal civilian routine whether it's personal or professional.
    The problem with a lot of superheroines is their lives are all about being a superheroine.

Now you ask "What if they gave Mary Jane superpowers" and drew the comparison to Hulk and Red She-Hulk. And the answer would end up the same. They would take MJ's powers away in this scenario. Because that is what they did in Spider-Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Well, they have no issue using MUtants to push other properties and Peter did teach at the JGS for a bit before Storm fired him.
    I feel like this was a more serious response than my goofy comment deserved. The actual problem with Peter dating mutant is that being a mutant is what their whole character tends to be about.