Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

So then whos the original joker? Cause someone had to torture robin and spray paint robins suit. So let pretend this horrible idea is true. Is there an original joker or who the hell brainwashed robin into joker. Iono im not buying it. Think im missing something

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So then whos the original joker? Cause someone had to torture robin and spray paint robins suit. So let pretend this horrible idea is true. Is there an original joker or who the hell brainwashed robin into joker. Iono im not buying it. Think im missing something
    Could be implied that it is the Heath Ledger version. Could just be left ambiguous. The original Joker did it, and now a former Robin is the new Joker. That's really all I would need, I don't need to see the DC Origins: New Joker movie to understand the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    Could be implied that it is the Heath Ledger version.
    That wouldn't make any sense...

This better not be true. Don't screw this up WB/Snyder.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    That wouldn't make any sense...
    I agree it ins't be best option, which is why I went on to suggest it just be left ambiguous.

BANNED

This would be fine. If you do this you can do a redemption story and keep the "real" Joker on ice until the universe is more established.

It has sort of a precedent Jason Todd took the Red a Hood identity. Dick takes the a Joker identity.

This theory is still kicking? Really?

There's no way there's any authenticity to this. Didn't this all start because people couldn't get over the tattoos and tried to rationalize that it wasn't the *REAL* Joker? C'mon. Why would anyone want Jason Todd to turn into the Joker when we could potentially get an actual Red Hood adaptation in the Batfleck solo film?

I feel like this is most likely untrue because DC is not going to have their DCEU Joker actually be Jason or some other character. I feel like DC is obviously setting up a scenario to make the solo Affleck Bat film to be Under the Hood.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Soooooo, what about the third bullet hole just under the left pectoral/upper left quadrant of the abdominals that dug into the suit?

Looking at Leto, I don't see a third scar at all.

Please choke the life out of this theory; one made up by fanboys who can't accept that Joker has tattoos. They're the same people insisting that the tattoos weren't real, but some Joker anniversary stunt.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

People are desperate for this Joker to not be the real Joker because they can't handle the ink for some reason. Hence, they want him to be Robin.

Jared Leto is actually older than Affleck, and do you guys think an Oscar winner is gonna sign up to be fake Joker who is also Robin? No, not happening. This rumor needs to die.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    People are desperate for this Joker to not be the real Joker because they can't handle the ink for some reason. Hence, they want him to be Robin.

Jared Leto is actually older than Affleck, and do you guys think an Oscar winner is gonna sign up to be fake Joker who is also Robin? No, not happening. This rumor needs to die.
    The ages of the actors is completely irrelevant. I don't believe this rumor, but I think and accomplished actor would be more interested in the role if it was Dick Grayson then an unknown origin .

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The ages of the actors is completely irrelevant. I don't believe this rumor, but I think and accomplished actor would be more interested in the role if it was Dick Grayson then an unknown origin .
    The age isn't irrelevant. Leto can pass for younger than Affleck, but not by that much. I really don't think an accomplished actor would be interested in playing Robin who went crazy and became a fake Joker instead of being THE Joker. The character has never needed a concrete origin to be compelling before, why does he suddenly need to be the "close friend gone bad" now?

Also, I know you don't believe the theory, but this is more of a general statement: the Robin costume in the trailer clearly looks destroyed, presumably along with whoever was wearing it. So that's a pretty clear indication that Robin is dead and the mocking graffiti indicates that the Joker is the one who did him in. It's the simplest conclusion, so it's probably the right one. Also, DC Comics stepped in and prevented Bruce Timm from making Katar Hol the villain of the "Starcrossed" episodes of JLU. If they went through the trouble for Katar, I can't see them letting Dick Grayson be turned into a psychopath for the big franchise movie. They might be more willing if it was Jason Todd, but then it would be neither the real Joker or the real Robin, so audience interest would probably nosedive.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The age isn't irrelevant. Leto can pass for younger than Affleck, but not by that much. I really don't think an accomplished actor would be interested in playing Robin who went crazy and became a fake Joker instead of being THE Joker. The character has never needed a concrete origin to be compelling before, why does he suddenly need to be the "close friend gone bad" now?

Also, I know you don't believe the theory, but this is more of a general statement: the Robin costume in the trailer clearly looks destroyed, presumably along with whoever was wearing it. So that's a pretty clear indication that Robin is dead and the mocking graffiti indicates that the Joker is the one who did him in. It's the simplest conclusion, so it's probably the right one. Also, DC Comics stepped in and prevented Bruce Timm from making Katar Hol the villain of the "Starcrossed" episodes of JLU. If they went through the trouble for Katar, I can't see them letting Dick Grayson be turned into a psychopath for the big franchise movie. They might be more willing if it was Jason Todd, but then it would be neither the real Joker or the real Robin, so audience interest would probably nosedive.
    Agreed.

People can't just accept the change (not much though; since Joker have had tattoos in the past). Maybe it's the damaged text (really though..none of us are psychotic enough to even understand what Joker would do. He might just be crazy enough to have it tattooed on his body).

People can't accept the change regarding Joker's look. But, they are happy to make up a theory about Jason Todd being Joker, something we haven't seen in comics (at least, not as far as I know).

I believe Scott Eastwood is Dick (Wonder if they are going to call him Dick Grayson in DCEU? Maybe they will go with Richard Grayson).

A couple of days back, he mentioned that people are really going to be surprised by his role. It's either Grayson or Slade. I am sticking to the former.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

LOL, all this "Jared Leto is older than Ben Affleck"...

...by less than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Agreed.

People can't just accept the change (not much though; since Joker have had tattoos in the past). Maybe it's the damaged text (really though..none of us are psychotic enough to even understand what Joker would do. He might just be crazy enough to have it tattooed on his body).

People can't accept the change regarding Joker's look. But, they are happy to make up a theory about Jason Todd being Joker, something we haven't seen in comics (at least, not as far as I know).

I believe Scott Eastwood is Dick (Wonder if they are going to call him Dick Grayson in DCEU? Maybe they will go with Richard Grayson).

A couple of days back, he mentioned that people are really going to be surprised by his role. It's either Grayson or Slade. I am sticking to the former.
    I think eastwood is slade. We knw the trueblood guy isnt him now and the characters been almost cast to many times to be just rumor. Think they are making slade younger is all. At some point he will be screwed over by waller or someone. He will lose his eye and all faith in other people. Deathstroke could take the curret squad by himself. I see them setting it up as a deathstroke origin story within the movie. Then him playing a part in every big dc movie to come. Not all but alot of them.

Dc has been trying to put embargos on alot of characters so they cant appearon tv. Flash was already in development and became real popular. But Deadshot and the rest of the sqaud apparently are off limits. Man uhh bennett said he would love to play slade again but he doesnt know the future. I.just dont see dick appearing in the films when they have a planned tv series centered around him. Unlike the flash they planned this after the DCCU. So I think dick might be left out and jason be the first robin and future antihero redhood. I Remember rumors john wicks directors were going to make a redhood movie. Doubt it but it would be awesome.