Page 106 of 211 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3162

Last movies I've gone to see in theater......I guess most recent was Lego Batman. Prior to that it was Manchester by the Sea and Fences.

I haven't seen much at home lately...Ghostbusters reboot I guess.

Of all of these....Lego Bats was by far the most enjoyable.

Amazing Member

Last movie I saw was Get Out. I enjoyed it, and thought it was well-done, containing a unique premise and tried and true thriller tropes (jump scares, person creepily walking past doors partially open). It wasn't a perfect movie, but it really is the best horror/thriller I've seen a long time.

Before that was John Wick: Chapter 2, which was an absolute blast, although I enjoyed the first Chapter a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyarts View Post
    Last movie I saw was Get Out. I enjoyed it, and thought it was well-done, containing a unique premise and tried and true thriller tropes (jump scares, person creepily walking past doors partially open). It wasn't a perfect movie, but it really is the best horror/thriller I've seen a long time.

Before that was John Wick: Chapter 2, which was an absolute blast, although I enjoyed the first Chapter a bit more.
    Get Out was a dope time at the movies. I had so much fun with the crowd! Definitely best going into it not knowing a damn thing about the movie. I went on a Sunday with my friend and it was packed. Good on Jordan Peele.
    Superhero shows are trash

Hidden Figures. Well done if a little by the book, but outstanding performances.

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence - They went REALLY heavy on the philosophical monologues in this one, but it only really got to be too much in a couple places, otherwise I enjoyed it.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Just watched Allied. What a disappointment that movie was. Very slow start, but a decent ending. 4/10
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

The Arrival: Wow. Just WOW. My mind was completely blown by this movie. Exactly how I think people will react if (and when) aliens make their presence known. But will we get to the same ending?

Moana: went to see it with the fam. Nice family movie. Entirely within my expectations.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Passengers. Enjoyed it for the most part, except for the incredibly dumb
    spoilers:
    ship design. 5000 passengers, 258 crew, 1 "autodoc". Yeah, that makes total sense. Super advanced ship, but if any serious medical issues break out among over 5000 people they only get treated one at a time. Pretty crappy plot device tailored for the ending they wanted.
    end of spoilers

Also saw A Monster Calls recently. Despite the peculiar choice of Sigourney Weaver as an English grandmother in a 99% English cast, very enjoyable.

Arrival. Refreshing to see a first contact film that focused on the difficulty of that first contact and not just barreling straight into a human vs. alien war. Cool stuff.

Moana. Never been a big fan of musicals or musical films, but I enjoyed it. The songs weren't intrusive and felt like relatively short deviations, and they were kinda catchy I have to admit. Fun film.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I liked it. Despite some of the interesting creatures it seemed like it might not be as accessible to kids as the first few Harry Potter films.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-01-2017 at 06:54 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Just watched Allied. What a disappointment that movie was. Very slow start, but a decent ending. 4/10
    Hmm I thought the exact opposite - The first half an hour in Morocco was great - and then ho-hum until the end.

Saw Brooklyn - thoroughly enjoyed it. Saoirse Ronan always a great lead.

Fantastic Member

I saw la la land, and I thought throughtout it was beautifully shot, Emma stone brought her A game but it was quite a bore. So I have to rewatch, maybe on a second viewing I will get the hype. Got to see Moonlight but Arrival was the best film of 2016 I believe

I watched Doctor Strange. I came away relatively unimpressed.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    I saw la la land, and I thought throughtout it was beautifully shot, Emma stone brought her A game but it was quite a bore. So I have to rewatch, maybe on a second viewing I will get the hype. Got to see Moonlight but Arrival was the best film of 2016 I believe
    La La Land was my ****, but the pacing can drag like old films from the 50s though. It had a strong romance story to fall back on when there weren't any musical numbers.
    Superhero shows are trash

I saw Logan tonight and it was fantastic!

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I saw Logan tonight and it was fantastic!
    It's not too (Unforgivable) depressing? No spoilers, please.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    It's not too (Unforgivable) depressing? No spoilers, please.
    I don't think so, but as always, opinions may vary.