Page 190 of 212 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3169

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Just wasted my time with Valarian and the City of a Thousand Planets.
    Just watched Valerian as well. I wouldn't say it was a waste, beautiful visuals and good action, but in the end it didn't click. I would say the main reason was the actors playing Valerian and Laureline were just weak.
    One of the reasons The Fifth Element work was Bruce Willis and Mila Jojovich, as well as some great supporting people.
    I never thought Valerian and Laureline were the baddest agents in the galaxy.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Just watched Valerian as well. I wouldn't say it was a waste, beautiful visuals and good action, but in the end it didn't click. I would say the main reason was the actors playing Valerian and Laureline were just weak.
    One of the reasons The Fifth Element work was Bruce Willis and Mila Jojovich, as well as some great supporting people.
    I never thought Valerian and Laureline were the baddest agents in the galaxy.

Yeah, stunning visuals and creatively done creatures/people. I'm not familiar with the story prior to watching the movie. I liked the concept of the traveling city-world, as well as the planet of Mul.

Valarian himself was one notch above a moldy banana. Laureline was a bit better, but still run-of-the-mill. A slightly overripe banana, I guess. One with brown spots, but one you'd still take to lunch with you.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Yeah, stunning visuals and creatively done creatures/people. I'm not familiar with the story prior to watching the movie. I liked the concept of the traveling city-world, as well as the planet of Mul.

Valarian himself was one notch above a moldy banana. Laureline was a bit better, but still run-of-the-mill. A slightly overripe banana, I guess. One with brown spots, but one you'd still take to lunch with you.
    And they both looked like they were 12 not seasoned veterans.

And they got the uniforms right but the actors didn't really look like the comics.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I watched Deep Blue Sea last night and Suicide Squad tonight.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Rewatched Ragnarok. Second time around. Humor was overdone the first time, and thus I appreciated it less this time. But I still enjoyed the story. It's the best Thor movie, but not one of the best MCU movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And they both looked like they were 12 not seasoned veterans.

And they got the uniforms right but the actors didn't really look like the comics.

Yeah they both look waaay too young. I'll have to research the book to learn more.

I went and saw The Hurricane Heist today. Fine to watch once, but otherwise as big and dumb as you might expect.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

a Wrinkle in Time . well I thought the movie had nice visuals . I also thought the overall story of the movie was a highly convoluted mess.

I watched D.A.R.Y.L. last night.

I recently picked up my habit of watching a movie every week at the theatre, and the movies I saw were 'Call Me By Your Name', 'Jusqu'a La Garde', and 'Lumière: L'Aventure Commence'. The latter was a documentary, and all three were pretty damn good.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Thor Ragnarok and man I loved it as much as I did in theaters. I forgot how good some of the action sequences were. Best use of Thor in the MCU

Suicide Squad, fun enough and man i just love that joker.

Also Wonder Woman. Good, the two main actors are very likable. The story didn't make a lot of sense but the execution was pleasant. I'm not going to lie, i truly don't see what the big deal is with that movie but yeah, i was entertained.

I watched Guy Richie’s Sherlock Holmes with RDJ. I love those films and really hope we get a trilogy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

Also Wonder Woman. Good, the two main actors are very likable. The story didn't make a lot of sense but the execution was pleasant. I'm not going to lie, i truly don't see what the big deal is with that movie but yeah, i was entertained.
    With Wonder Woman, I think a lot of the hype was because it's a movie that folks have wanted for a long time, but also worried that it might be a mess. So when it came out and it was actually a good film, some folks may have over praised it. I personally thought it was a good film.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

I thought SS was anything but fun and i disliked the Joker.

WW was big deal because it was a DC film as fun and good as what Marvel has been doing AND, and it's a big AND, it was a movie whose main atar was a woman and did as well as one with a male protagonist. Hollywood has a mindset that women can't open big movies. This proved that idea wrong.