Page 103 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3162

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Very solid movie. Loved seeing Crowe as the straight man and Gosling as the comedy relief. Pretty good noir, mystery too.
    It was good, I just felt it could have been better. Maybe the pointlessness of the whole story?

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    The Nice Guys. Fun movie, but could have been better. Gosling's drunken high jinks got a little old.
    I felt like Gosling was really funny but it was alot of crowes reactions to him that made it funnier. Like when he asked how he found his body

Side note does russell.crowe gain and lose weight for roles or does hos body just naturally flucuate in weight. Dude all over the place movie to movie.

It was good, I just felt it could have been better. Maybe the pointlessness of the whole story?
    I'm not sure what you mean by pointlessness? It's been a while since I've seen it, but it'd get into spoiler territory. It felt very macabre at the end, but that is very noir-ish like they were going for.
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I felt like Gosling was really funny but it was alot of crowes reactions to him that made it funnier. Like when he asked how he found his body

Side note does russell.crowe gain and lose weight for roles or does hos body just naturally flucuate in weight. Dude all over the place movie to movie.
    I'll never forget "You wanna see my dick? 20 bucks?" lmao

I'm not saying it wasn't good or fun, I just felt I wanted to like it more. spoilers:
    maybe the girl getting killed after them trying to help her, and the auto makers getting away with everything left me a littlle flat
    end of spoilers
    Or maybe I am bummed out in general these days?

I'm not saying it wasn't good or fun, I just felt I wanted to like it more. spoilers:
    maybe the girl getting killed after them trying to help her, and the auto makers getting away with everything left me a littlle flat
    end of spoilers
    Or maybe I am bummed out in general these days?
    Aw OK. I can see why you felt bummed. It was almost Jack Nicholson Chinatown esque with towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Aw OK. I can see why you felt bummed. It was almost Jack Nicholson Chinatown esque with towards the end.
    Yes, I hadn't thought of that, you're right. But for what is essentially a comedy that is a little too grim for me.

Imperial dreams on netflix, i thought it was a documentry about how john boyega came to star in Star Wars but it ended up being a really good movie.

The Founder.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

BANNED

John Wick 2.

4/5 !

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

jackie 8/10
    we can be heroes, just for one day

I watched The Green Mile last night.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I watched The Green Mile last night.
    That movie is even sadder now, man i miss Michale Clark Duncan.

ALIEN: RESURRECTION
    QUALITY RATING: 3/10
    JOY RATING: 4/10
    I think Alien 3 is an underrated movie, I saw the extended cut near the end of last year and still stand by it, though it has notable moments that make anyone shake his/her head. This on the other hand... what the ****? From start to finish.
    I wish I could call it the entertaining kind of bad, it's stupid from start to end, some entertaining bits, and I really like Christie, everything else is just ugh.

I, ROBOT
    QUALITY RATING: 4/10
    JOY RATING: 8/10
    At least there is an entertaining I, Something movie (I, Frankenstein came out a decade after this one, and it's a terrible movie, one of the worst I sat through). Is it bad? More than half of it is ridiculously nonsensically bad, plenty of unnecessary slow motion shots, weird camera rotations that look cool for a few shots and others none.
    It's like one of the live action Resident Evil movies attempting to be Blade Runner, but failing miserably cause it's a badly told story.
    Did it entertain? Yes, plenty. I guess Will Smith has that effect on movies for me.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I thought I, Robot was a very smart movie that made a lot of sense and asked some interesting questions about AI.