Page 204 of 211 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3162
    All-New Member

Deadpool II - I really enjoyed this sequel as much as the original. I was surprised at Juggernaut being in the movie in a good way.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Yeah Deadpool II was loads of fun

Split: starring Professor Xavier and Magik :P - lots of plot holes but well acted. Looking forward to seeing Anja Taylor Joy in New Mutants.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It (TV Mini-Series 1990) - Sadly, the uncut original version (not edited to be a TV movie) is not on DVD/Blu. I just finished re-reading It by King and so this was my first re-watch of this movie in about 15-20 years. It was both worse and better than I remember it. I'm really dissatisfied with horror films today, so these older movies tend to look good or better relatively.

I think when I was younger, the book was so long that you couldn't remember it all so well for too too long (because I was reading all the long King books at the time) and I think the 1990 movie (which I probably first saw in the mid/late 90s on VHS) probably fooled me into thinking some of its changes weren't changes at all, but in the book. So watching it this time, I noticed how inaccurate the film was...how they changed more things from the book and many changes I didn't like and felt unnecessary. 1958 ending is different. Eddie was maybe the changed the most from his married slightly tougher book version. Why this movie made him the 40 year old virgin living with mom ...just stupid. Squints' from Sandlot is what I see/hear when I read young Richie Tozier, I'm not sure Seth Green did enough for me, but I'm maybe being too harsh.

Tim Curry as Pennywise of course holds this film up and does the most to keep it from sucking both as an adaption and simply a movie. And there were some good performances (but laughably bad line reading too) and scenery and some of the music montage scenes were my favorite. A few inaccurate changes were actually kinda good or worked...like with the paper boat returning at the end and leading them to the It's lair room thing. The movie tried to reference the Turtle without using him overtly or kinda morph him into God.

I guess you have you really have to give this movie some credit considering the difficult challenge posed the source material, a very long book that was all over the place.

I could probably criticize the spider form at the film's end, but I'm glad they didn't change that & tried it. It didn't work well enough, but with a TV budget in 1990...no chance it could have worked easily. A lot of the film's problems come down to this being a TV movie. I didn't mind the terrible CGI langoliers in The Langoliers (which is a very accurate adaptation), so I'm a little more lenient on that stuff.

I think part of me looks at Stand By Me (and Sandlot) and wonders why this film couldn't have some gotten extra special treatment by a Rob Reiner level director and team. It feels a missed opportunity for what could have been a bigger better lasting horror film (at a time, unlike today, when this movie could actually have gotten some quality treatment).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-29-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Recently I've watched

The Greatest Showman
    Batman V Superman Ultimate Edition
    Solo
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Black Panther for the 100th time. My 4 year old sits through it in awe the whole movies. And he loves to say Tchalla. Think the names fun to say for him he dont call him black panther anymore.

This movie is so well made I just hope the sequel they can polish up the action. I was expecting something amazing after creed

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Justice League. On a plane. I almost walked out.

Same flight, Downsizing. Ugh. I made bad choices.

Over the weekend I watched From Here to Eternity. Still a classic.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Extended Cut
    Predator

Two great Arnie action movies.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member

indeedarf
    solo
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Justice League. On a plane. I almost walked out.

Same flight, Downsizing. Ugh. I made bad choices.
    This post made me LOL. I'm sorry dude. Nice Robo avatar BTW.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Solo : A Star Wars Story - I enjoyed it and would probably give it a 7/10. Qi'ra and Lando were delightful while I found Han to be alright but not too interesting.

The Quest - I remember watching this movie a long time ago, but my friends and I were in the mood to watch some cheesy action movies and one of them said we should watch the Quest. It was so bad. On top of everything, it had music that was not in sync with the scenes, some really awkward and horrendous acting, weird pauses and some serious pacing issues. Suffice to say, that will be the last time I will watch the Quest.

13 Assassins - Now this was a great movie. My friend had watched it a long time ago and thought I should check it out. I watched it at his house and man, it was pretty epic. The execution of the plan at the end of the movie reminded me of the ending of Saving Private Ryan, but only in 19th century Japan. Now I need to get this movie on blu-ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    Solo : A Star Wars Story - I enjoyed it and would probably give it a 7/10. Qi'ra and Lando were delightful while I found Han to be alright but not too interesting.
    That's where I'd rank it, too. I enjoyed it. Chewy was great, as were Woody Harrelson and Dany Stormborn Mother of Dragons. I was happy to see the baddie reveal towards the end. Han started out weak but grew on me
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

BANNED

Upgrade- Great R-rated sci-fi action/thriller.

Logan Marshall-Green gives a stellar performance. The action scenes are fast paced and brutal with a lot of interesting decisions made, both from a cinematic and performance perspective.
    Last edited by GhostPirate; 06-05-2018 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPirate View Post
    Upgrade- Great R-rated sci-fi action/thriller.

Logan Marshall-Green gives a stellar performance. The action scenes are fast paced and brutal with a lot of interesting decisions made, both from a cinematic and performance perspective.
    I heard good things about this movie. I should check it out.

Coco. It was pretty good. Pixar is so good with their animation.