Page 185 of 211 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3162

Caught the Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams movie Game Night. Surprisingly good IMO. It has a little bit of everything in terms of comedy: gross out, slapstick, dead pan, etc. that I think one of those is bound to resonate with you.

It also had way better camera work than a movie like this deserved with the usage of tilt shifts and they even have a very kinetic tracking shot scene. The action was serviceable too for a comedy!

If you were on the fence about the movie because of the trailers, I suggest you give this movie a shot and go in blindly for a matinee or something.
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Caught the Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams movie Game Night. Surprisingly good IMO. It has a little bit of everything in terms of comedy: gross out, slapstick, dead pan, etc. that I think one of those is bound to resonate with you.

It also had way better camera work than a movie like this deserved with the usage of tilt shifts and they even have a very kinetic tracking shot scene. The action was serviceable too for a comedy!

If you were on the fence about the movie because of the trailers, I suggest you give this movie a shot and go in blindly for a matinee or something.
    Yeah, it was way better than it probably deserved to be. Great cast, great performances and pretty genuinely funny in many parts. And you're right about the camera work. Comedies tend to be shot very flatly. This was almost shot like a thriller, so I feel like that went a long way to make it better than it could have been.

Yea I've heard really good things. After I get all the black Panthers viewings out my system I'm wondering if I wanna watch game night or Annihilation. If you've seen both which do you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Yeah, it was way better than it probably deserved to be. Great cast, great performances and pretty genuinely funny in many parts. And you're right about the camera work. Comedies tend to be shot very flatly. This was almost shot like a thriller, so I feel like that went a long way to make it better than it could have been.
    Indeed. I also saw it in a somewhat full theater and hearing people guffawing with no shame was very infectious. The writer is Mark Perez and he's made some questionable movies in the past so I was surprised that the plot of this made sense even with all the twist and turns. It also made sure to answer questions like, "Why don't they go to the police" so we can still have our suspension of disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea I've heard really good things. After I get all the black Panthers viewings out my system I'm wondering if I wanna watch game night or Annihilation. If you've seen both which do you suggest?
    Oh, man. Are you gonna bring someone with you? A significant other or a friend? If you want something light hearted and funny, I suggest Game Night. It's a movie you can consume, enjoy, but probably won't think about again.

Annihilation has some disturbing imagery and will leave your head pounding as to "WTF did I just watch?" That's no knock on Annihilation, I can honestly say, I don't think I'm educated enough to wrap my head around the themes that movie threw at me.

Oh, man. Are you gonna bring someone with you? A significant other or a friend? If you want something light hearted and funny, I suggest Game Night. It's a movie you can consume, enjoy, but probably won't think about again.

Annihilation has some disturbing imagery and will leave your head pounding as to "WTF did I just watch?" That's no knock on Annihilation, I can honestly say, I don't think I'm educated enough to wrap my head around the themes that movie threw at me.
    I never go alone but I might just save Annihilation for home viewing then lol. Rather see one those wtf movies at home

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I never go alone but I might just save Annihilation for home viewing then lol. Rather see one those wtf movies at home
    Seriously, I went to see Annihilation today and when the movie ended, the whole audience was just silent. We were trying to wrap our heads around what happened lmao

No idea where you live, but Annihilation is released internationally on March 12. If you live in USA however, that date isn't available.

Seriously, I went to see Annihilation today and when the movie ended, the whole audience was just silent. We were trying to wrap our heads around what happened lmao

No idea where you live, but Annihilation is released internationally on March 12. If you live in USA however, that date isn't available.
    Yea I'm in the US. Well it sounds interesting ill have to wait to see it. But the fun dark comedy with Jason Bateman sounds like it's better for a fun night out lol

Office Space
    The movie is nice, but I did not think much of it on this viewing, it might feel better later.
    Some reviews make it sound like the boss in that place is a complete jackass. He's unfair to Milton, but not the kind of boss I'd dread working under.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Watched Black Panther last night. Absolutely loved it. Too bad about the really noticeable CGI in a lot of parts of this movie, but the actual execution of the movie? Amazing!
    Glad you loved it! They are killin' it in the execution. That is why these films work. As a fan of DC films i know they have cool ideas. But except for Wonder Woman all of the films are marred by flawed or bad execution.

Bride of Frankenstein. Unless they were talking about the Baroness and not the bride of the monster, it was really just Frankenstein and his monster, part two.
    The female monster just shows up at the end of the movie and then it's over.

Saw Annhilation today.

I am a big fan of the books and have to say, Garland improved on the ending from the 3rd book. It's also the first of 17 films this year that Netflix will have streaming 14 days after theater release. So if you're not sure if cerebral gothic sci-fi horror is your thing, you can watch it on Netflix March 12.

I quite enjoyed the cast and some of the changes from the book, namely the ending. Just wish it had more of the weird stuff like the animals with human faces from the book.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Cool. There's someone here who has seen it and cared enough to answer me. Thanks for your reply. I am defintely going to see the second followed by the third.
    Yeah I've watched all of them and they are great- as is Boyhood which was Linklater's Oscar contender 2 years back. The Before movies were quite seminal in the 90's as a fresh look at a relationship.

Was ill this weekend so had a bit of a bingewatch:

Captain Fantastic
    - Viggo's Oscar nom was well deserved - original and quirky
    Transformers: The Last Knight - Anthony Hopkins lifted this up slightly from the drek that was the last few movies
    Inferno (AKA Da Vinci Code III) - Tom Hanks makes me yawn as a lead of a by the numbers thriller but I guess this was ok. Love Felicity Jones
    Peanuts - The Movie - mostly expected old school fun

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    Yeah I've watched all of them and they are great- as is Boyhood which was Linklater's Oscar contender 2 years back. The Before movies were quite seminal in the 90's as a fresh look at a relationship.

Was ill this weekend so had a bit of a bingewatch:

Captain Fantastic
    - Viggo's Oscar nom was well deserved - original and quirky
    Transformers: The Last Knight - Anthony Hopkins lifted this up slightly from the drek that was the last few movies
    Inferno (AKA Da Vinci Code III) - Tom Hanks makes me yawn as a lead of a by the numbers thriller but I guess this was ok. Love Felicity Jones
    Peanuts - The Movie - mostly expected old school fun
    Nice. One more fan. (As long as one thinks its great i call them a fan). It really feels quite seminal for early 90s. It frustrated me a bit. When i see romance i have different expectatations. This was nothing like i have ever seen.

Hope you have gotten better since.

The Quiet Man with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara.