Page 209 of 211 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3162

BANNED

The Riot Club- I sort of have a crush on Max Irons from watching him in Condor. So I decided to track down some of the other films/tv shows he's been in. This film is from 2013 and features a bunch of loutish/spoiled upper class rich young men.

Where they get together dine and thrash and I do mean trash restaurant dinning rooms. As you can expect the behaviour of the men (or boys rather) is just appalling. Especially in their treatment of women and the working class. There was one repugnant scene near the end of the film, which I not only found disturbing for the action. But for the mentality behind the action. But then again it was probably anger, fear (of a life of privilege slipping away) and inferiority. The movie is supposed to be based on Bullingdon Club. Which boasts the former PM David Cameron and Boris Johnsston. The only way you get admittance to the club is to be asked. And once you get asked you have connections for life.

I understand that going to the 'right' school (apparently the Tory party is made up of mostly Oxbridge graduates) in England is what counts for getting you certain places. But some of the guys in the club were genuine loose cannons. And I don't know why anyone would want to associate with someone like that.

I watched Murder Your Friends the other day, not bad but not great either. It's about a music executive during the 90s Britpop period who knows sod all about music so kills people for promotions. It's a bit like American Psycho with how detach people in the rich world are to everyone else. I was disappointed with the music itself not playing a bigger part in the flick. Even tho it features legendary London music venues like Hammersmith Apollo and Electric Ballroom the music is just a plot device unlike other films like Scott Pilgrim or Trainspotting where the soundtrack kept the film together. I did find out the writer was a music exec once and he passed on signing both Muse and Coldplay who went on to become 2 of the biggest British bands in the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And.......?
    Watch it once, never watch it again. Run of the mill in every respect.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Watch it once, never watch it again. Run of the mill in every respect.
    Anything the rock does has enough charm for a single watch. Even the bad stuff, like I'm never watching Rampage again but it was fun for a single watch. Same as baywatch which is probaly his worst movie in years. The Rock makes anything watchable for me. I thought skyscraper was ok... yea wont watch it again

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Yesterday I watched Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and Hellboy.
    I wish the humor in Hellboy came from the same place as in the comics. As a movie on its own its fine but (as always) the source material is so much better. Hope they'll get the next Hellboy right.

I saw The Equalizer 2 today. I liked it. I think it tried to do a little too much with its subplots. Or rather, had too many subplots. But the main story was pretty good as it picked up.

Also, co-star Pedro Pascal REALLY needs to stop taking roles like this. No spoilers, watch the movie and if you know who he is, you'll know what I mean.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The death of Superman, the one they just released.

Good version, not my favorite but decent enough.

BANNED

Incredible Member

Bushwick. An rather intense movie about a civil war breaking out in a major stateside city and the effects on the everyday people.
    Not a lot of meat on the bones story-wise. But it is a movie I would call a "thrill ride", what with all the action and low camera angles.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4720702/

Lights Out & The Conjuring
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Invincible Member

I'm not sure this counts but I recently watched the 1973 TV film version of The Glass Menagerie with Katheryn Hepburn and Sam Waterston.
    I found it moving.

Ant man and the wasp! it was a pretty good movie

Retired

I had to study "The Glass Menagerie" when I was in university, for my theatre history class--and I guess I wrote a paper on it, anyway it's a play that I got very familiar with and it's actually the daughter who is the most interesting character. In the 1950 movie she was played by Jane Wyman and in the 1973 TV movie she was played by Joanna Miles who appeared in a lot of things, but I knew her best from ALL MY CHILDREN where she played Anne Tyler. She had this wonderful wistful quality.

Lately I've been watching a lot of movies about time travel and time loops. The last one I watched was THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT--which has an interesting premise, but it was one of the darkest movies I've ever seen. It's almost ridiculous how dark the world of this movie was for every character in it. And I wonder what Ashton Kutcher's agent was thinking letting his client appear in such a heavy movie. It might have been an intriguing acting challenge--but (given THAT '70S SHOW was still in production when it came out) I can't think it made Kutcher's fans very happy by the time they got to the end of the movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Lights Out & The Conjuring
    I really want them to add Lights Out to the Conjuring Universe. It fits so well.