Page 70 of 211 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3162

Love Actually. It never fails to make me smile.
    "Hey, maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe one o' those terrorists'll blow Bats away.
    Nah, never happen.
    Ah, well.. I can dream, can't I...?"- Guy Gardner.

"Corruptus In Extremis"

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    BATMAN V SUPERMAN: ULTIMATE EDITION
    2/10

I hate the theatrical release, heard this version is an improvement, had to try it as a fan of both titular characters.
    Eh, the added stuff is just fluff that goes nowhere or serve no real purpose.
    spoilers:
    "CokaCola advertisement" Pepsi tastes better.
    "Jimmy states his name" Cool, at least those who watch the movie now don't need to read Zack Snyder's comments on killing this character was fun.
    "Clark investigates the Batman" Those are ok, but don't improve anything.
    "Bruce Wayne gets up from bed after sex"
    "Jon Stewart talks about the declaration of independence on Superman's cape"
    "Batman's butt shot in the shower"
    "Alex talks to a monster, and is in praying stance, after a long speech of how he does not trust powerful beings."
    "African woman subplot" is just painless to watch.
    Perry White still sucks.
    Death of Superman remains useless.

This version does have better editing, not good enough to save this movie.
    Wonder Woman is still great in her debut.
    Costumes look great.
    Batman in combat is still amazing to watch, this is the only thing with extended scene that I like.
    end of spoilers
    Did it in case someone wanted to make sure.

You're not wrong in viewing it like that.
    2/10. Ouch! That bad, really?
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 08-22-2016 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chillin'_chillclops View Post
    2/10. Ouch! That bad, really?
    I hate it this much.
    It has some good ideas, but the execution really sucks and broken, the bad ideas don't help.
    And the characterization sucks, save for Wonder Woman, and Lois Lane in some scenes.
    I'm what you might call butthurt over how badly they treated Jimmy Olsen and Perry White, two of the great supporting cast members in Superman mythos are wasted.

I think it's worse than a number of bad comic book movies, pretentious, joyless, and reeks of the ego of the director "this is art, not like Marvel's flavor of the week" and script writer "If you told me the smartest script I'd write would be a superhero movie, I wouldn't have believed you" and I may have gotten the quote wrong.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Mighty Member

"Kubo and the Two Strings". good stuff.

Zootopia. I went into it thinking ugh another animated kids movie but it was pretty good.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    BATMAN V SUPERMAN: ULTIMATE EDITION
    2/10

I hate the theatrical release, heard this version is an improvement, had to try it as a fan of both titular characters.
    Eh, the added stuff is just fluff that goes nowhere or serve no real purpose.
    spoilers:
    "CokaCola advertisement" Pepsi tastes better.
    "Jimmy states his name" Cool, at least those who watch the movie now don't need to read Zack Snyder's comments on killing this character was fun.
    "Clark investigates the Batman" Those are ok, but don't improve anything.
    "Bruce Wayne gets up from bed after sex"
    "Jon Stewart talks about the declaration of independence on Superman's cape"
    "Batman's butt shot in the shower"
    "Alex talks to a monster, and is in praying stance, after a long speech of how he does not trust powerful beings."
    "African woman subplot" is just painless to watch.
    Perry White still sucks.
    Death of Superman remains useless.

This version does have better editing, not good enough to save this movie.
    Wonder Woman is still great in her debut.
    Costumes look great.
    Batman in combat is still amazing to watch, this is the only thing with extended scene that I like.
    end of spoilers
    Did it in case someone wanted to make sure.
    I don't think the movie was that bad, but it definitely had problems. Things that stood out for me were A) Lex Luther. I didn't think that the actor was bad, but the approach was all wrong. B) The reason the fight end was just kinda dumb. C) spoilers:
    Alfred being able to find the bad guys so quick
    end of spoilers and also D) spoilers:
    Lois bungling during the climax so Supes has to save her again
    end of spoilers

Star Trek Beyond - Watched this again with a friend. Loved this movie.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Fifty Shades of Grey - I am unfamiliar with the source material but this was really quite a dull load of bull. I liked Dakota Johnson. The guy was pretty wooden though not where it counts

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER
    10/10

I have greater appreciation of it now than I did 5 years ago.
    Cap's trilogy sits equally and proudly along with Nolan's Batman trilogy as my favorite comic book trilogies.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Currently watching Mulan on Disney Junior.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    After buying the last movie and then the "Rogue Cut" hitting shelves a few months later I'm done with customer policy like that. Nope won't get my money X_Men

It would have been interesting to see the movie without the studio interfering (fingers crossed for more runtime on BluRay). To see the Joker re-imagined as street thug was a downer and his was a by the numbers arc (my guess is they based him on Azzarello's JOKER graphic novel). That was exactly what I hoped I wouldn't have to watch. Overall I liked SS but I had wished more for a brave movie. Either more comedic or more disturbing, less middle of the road.
    Wasnt the Rogue Cut know of before the original even had a home release? Not like anyone is making you buy movies.

Anyways. I found Apocalypse to be better than the last movie, and better than any of the other superhero movies I saw this year. It's not some great thing, it's not better than First Class, but it's got enough moments to make it work better than most of these comic book movies we've been getting.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

I saw the new Ghostbusters movie and I liked it a lot. I know this movie is very "you'll either hate it or love it" but me and my aunt liked it a lot. I didn't grow up with the original so it didn't matter to me how close or how different the new one is to the old one. I thought there was some scenes that felt a little awkward or clunky but for the most part I thought it was a very funny movie. The actors did great and worked great off each other. The movie is far from perfect but still fun and entertaining.

Astonishing Member

Nice guys. Err well I watched it. Not sure wtf I was watching. I think it was im3 without superheroes set in the 70s. I see why it didn't do well.

Spectre. 7/10

Action was spectacular, I found some fault with the story, but overall another top offerring from the current Bond squad.

Loved the long openning shot.

BANNED

Just finished watching The Nice Guys, it's pretty great. Really funny, has good action scenes, and the detective part actually plays really well. Add it to the movies playing off Chinatown that I like more than Chinatown.