Page 166 of 211 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3162

Logan
    I enjoyed it significantly more on second viewing. First time I though it was great, but not my kind of movie.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Justice League:
    Entertaining with some great bits but the direction is a bit haphazard /clumsy

Zoolander 2
    A whole lot of drek and it's amazing that people like Sting and Penelope Cruz need this paycheck. Worth watching the 2 scenes with Benedict Cumberbatch as a genderless supermodel.

Jim and Andy the great beyond. I dont know if this is method acting or if Jim Carrey is a nut..... Probaly both
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 11-23-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Retired

The last couple of weeks I've been on a Catherine Deneuve kick, watching 8 FEMMES, BELLE DE JOUR, MAYERLING, THE APRIL FOOLS and now PEAU D'ÂNE. This last one, PEAU D'ÂNE (Donkey Skin), I've seen a few times before, but it's such a magical movie and Deneuve is so beautiful in it, that I never get tired of watching it.

BANNED

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

R.E.D.
    I'm curious if Warren Ellis liked this or not.

Finally had the time to go see Thor: Ragnarock.

Justice League.

The film has problems. But i totally enjoyed it.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Wind River. Jeremy Renner's best performance since Hurt Locker. And kudos to Elizabeth Olsen as F.B.I. agent Jane Banner.

So I watched The Book of Henry last night. I had been interested in seeing it because it was written by Gregg Hurwitz, a novelist that I had read a book from that was intriguing.

I wish that I could say that about this movie. Or rather the last two-thirds of it anyway. The start of the movie sets up a rather cool sounding movie. Henry's a genius 11 year old who pretty much runs his family's life. His mother is less than capable of dealing with reality, playing video games like a male teenager and always being late to pick up Henry and his younger brother. He plays the stock market and has made them rich. But when he learns that his next door neighbor is being abused by her stepfather, he makes a plan to save her. When events interfere with him putting the play into action, it ends up forcing his mother to follow the plan he set down in his notebook.

So the first 30 minutes or so was really good. Sadly, the rest of the movie turned into a mish-mash of a Lifetime and Hallmark movie. I mean that in as negative a way as possible. Take everything that is wrong with movies on those two TV networks and that's the last two thirds of this movie.

It was Grade-A annoying to sit through and frankly the storytelling took every possible cowardly way out of the final resolution to the plot.

I gave it a 3 out of 10 on IMDB and that's strictly on the fact that the start of the movie was good. This is not a movie I'll end up watching again.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I just finished Get Out. That was the most twisted effed up movie I've seen in a long time. It scared the crap outta my wife and she's only been scared like that by a total of two movies- Fire in the Sky and The Serpent and the Rainbow. Highly recommend Get Out in you're looking for something different and really insane.
    "Your politics bore me. Your demeanor is that of a pouty child."-Thanos GotG

I couldn't make it through the remake of Point Break on Netflix. What a boring piece of crap!

Watched Free Fire on Netflix and enjoyed it quite a bit. Not a great movie, but entertaining overall.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Allegiant - <yawn>

Kong of Skull Island. Pretty good action/monster flick. Liked it much more than Godzilla.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Captain America: TWS

For me it's the best movie out of the MCU.