Page 21 of 211 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Big Short (Christian Bale and Steve Carel play eccentric guys... who knew)
    The movie uses a lot of Wall Street lingo and explains it (too fast for me) as well. Entertaining all around
    and in parts sad. Exactly what I knew it to be.

Astonishing Member

The Fast and Furious.Tokyo Drift.
    Have not wached all the movies of this franchise,but this is one of the best i have watched of this series.
    Very good movie.

Twins, one of my favourite comedies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    LOL I watched Chappie last night - no it's not that bad, but not as great as Blomkamp's District 9. As I live in Johannesburg it's always cool to see how we have been represented on the big screen especially with major stars in tow. Dev Patel is a cool lead, Hugh Jackman was good as the Aussie baddie though I feel a bit divided on Die Antwoord who were showcased quite prominently here. I'd give it a 6 out of 10.
    I really do not like District 9. It's such mess, the message it's trying to convey is muddled, (to the point it can be seen as the opposite) and the way it can't pick if it wants to be a found footage movie or a normal films...it just drives me crazy.

The movie really feels like a Die Antwood vanity project, it's kind of funny. Or like something a studio would do with some huge giant music act.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    The movie really feels like a Die Antwood vanity project, it's kind of funny. Or like something a studio would do with some huge giant music act.
    Yeah that sounds about right - much as they are entertaining in small doses a whole movie is over estimating their worth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    Yeah that sounds about right - much as they are entertaining in small doses a whole movie is over estimating their worth.
    Well, I doubt that's what's actually happening, I doubt some studio guys was like: We need to do something with Die Antwoord. I'm guessing the director is just a fan; maybe he wanted to do something like Deadly Outlaw: Rekka, I don't know. While watching it I did like the idea that some studio guy saw them on Letterman, and so built an almost fifty million dollar sci-fi movie around them.

Ultimate Member

Bone Tomahawk.

Interesting mix of Western and Cannibal horror.

I was slightly taken out of the movie by some shocking and abhorrent gore near the end.

BANNED

Isn't that kind of a twist in Bone Tomahawk, that bit between "and" and "horror?

It Follows - waste of time to be honest, not scary at all, just boring.
    Will watch The Revenant tonight

So I've watched "The Force Awakens", and the "The Force Awakens" and more "The Force Awakens". I've also check out the EXCELLENT movie War Room and watched Man of Steel again in anticipation of Batman vs. Superman. I think two underrated Hollywood rubies are Disney's The Lone Ranger with Armie Hammer and Johhny Depp and Disney's John Carter despite what the haters think. As far as the Lone Ranger goes and the ridiculous hatred spewed toward it and Disney's John Carter I think those movies get unfair hatred just like how people stupidly hate Ted Cruz because he was born in Canada.

The Revenant is a pure disaster. The movie had heart but it was lost in all the violence and overly excessive profanity and weird cinematography. I think Hollywood just doesn't have the potential to make a good modern Western movie although I did enjoy the movies Cowboys vs. Aliens and True Grit.

Mighty Member

Brooklyn: beautiful movie, beautiful cinematography, great acting. Very simple story but executed almost perfectly. Plus Felicity from Arrow was in it

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZionAkeda View Post
    So I've watched "The Force Awakens", and the "The Force Awakens" and more "The Force Awakens". I've also check out the EXCELLENT movie War Room and watched Man of Steel again in anticipation of Batman vs. Superman. I think two underrated Hollywood rubies are Disney's The Lone Ranger with Armie Hammer and Johhny Depp and Disney's John Carter despite what the haters think. As far as the Lone Ranger goes and the ridiculous hatred spewed toward it and Disney's John Carter I think those movies get unfair hatred just like how people stupidly hate Ted Cruz because he was born in Canada.

The Revenant is a pure disaster. The movie had heart but it was lost in all the violence and overly excessive profanity and weird cinematography. I think Hollywood just doesn't have the potential to make a good modern Western movie although I did enjoy the movies Cowboys vs. Aliens and True Grit.
    I guess I can't recommend "The Hateful Eight" to you.

It was one of my favorite movies of last year.

However, there is a LOT of violence and profanity in it.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZionAkeda View Post

John Carter is underrated 10 char (whatever that means) and the Revenant while not being a disaster left me often cold in parts and could have profited from a different leading actor. Could have done without the "bear rape", though. Lone Ranger is on my list but I don't expect it to be better than Pirates of the Caribbean Part II or III (the first one is solid blockbuster fodder)
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 01-20-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Sleeping with the enemy - Kinda sad, but the husband taking three shots was hilarious.

BANNED

But Cowboys vs Aliens was a complete bore. It's like ambient at 24 frames per second.

If The Lone Ranger isn't better than Pirates 2 and 3 I'm going to be pretty disappointed. I've been thinking of watching it, but it being as bad as those two movie would really suck. Then again the biggest problem those movies have is they should be one movie that's maybe shorter than either one of them alone is.