Page 205 of 212 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3169

Solo : A Star Wars Story - I enjoyed it and would probably give it a 7/10. Qi'ra and Lando were delightful while I found Han to be alright but not too interesting.

The Quest - I remember watching this movie a long time ago, but my friends and I were in the mood to watch some cheesy action movies and one of them said we should watch the Quest. It was so bad. On top of everything, it had music that was not in sync with the scenes, some really awkward and horrendous acting, weird pauses and some serious pacing issues. Suffice to say, that will be the last time I will watch the Quest.

13 Assassins - Now this was a great movie. My friend had watched it a long time ago and thought I should check it out. I watched it at his house and man, it was pretty epic. The execution of the plan at the end of the movie reminded me of the ending of Saving Private Ryan, but only in 19th century Japan. Now I need to get this movie on blu-ray.
    Previously: Deep_Sleeper. Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    Love the works of comic book artists - Stuart Immonen, Olivier Coipel, Kev Walker, Valerio Schiti, Esad Ribic, Jerome Opena and so many more great comic book artists

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    Solo : A Star Wars Story - I enjoyed it and would probably give it a 7/10. Qi'ra and Lando were delightful while I found Han to be alright but not too interesting.
    That's where I'd rank it, too. I enjoyed it. Chewy was great, as were Woody Harrelson and Dany Stormborn Mother of Dragons. I was happy to see the baddie reveal towards the end. Han started out weak but grew on me
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Upgrade- Great R-rated sci-fi action/thriller.

Logan Marshall-Green gives a stellar performance. The action scenes are fast paced and brutal with a lot of interesting decisions made, both from a cinematic and performance perspective.
    Last edited by GhostPirate; 06-05-2018 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPirate View Post
    Upgrade- Great R-rated sci-fi action/thriller.

Logan Marshall-Green gives a stellar performance. The action scenes are fast paced and brutal with a lot of interesting decisions made, both from a cinematic and performance perspective.
    I heard good things about this movie. I should check it out.

Coco. It was pretty good. Pixar is so good with their animation.
    Love the works of comic book artists - Stuart Immonen, Olivier Coipel, Kev Walker, Valerio Schiti, Esad Ribic, Jerome Opena and so many more great comic book artists

Tomb Raider (2018)

It sucks, I had no joy in watching it.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

The Disaster Artist. Honestly, I don't know what the hoopla was about. It was competently done and it's kind of crazy watching James Franco play Tommy Wiseau, as he did a great job. The movie, on the other hand, was kind of meh IMO.

The Han Solo movie.

Enjoyable enough. But man, that Alden Ehrenreich guy can't catch a break though. He just can't score a clean hit at the box office.

Shame, i like him fine.

Standing Member

When I flew back from Europe last week, I watched THE DISASTER ARTIST and THE SHAPE OF WATER on the plane.

I knew I would be entertained by THE DISASTER ARTIST, but I didn't expect to be so inspired. I thought it was a powerful work of art--even if it tried to put a pretty bow on the end of the movie.

I had high hopes for THE SHAPE OF WATER and it was a competent movie, but it didn't rise to the level I thought it would. Of course, this might be a case where it's not to the advantage of the movie to watch it on a small screen with bad sound.

I think small budget movies do well on small screens, but big budget movies usually don't.
    Do not forsake me, oh, my darlin'.
    Although you're grievin', don't think of leavin',
    Now that I need you by my side.
    Wait along, wait along, wait along.

I saw Annihilation sometime last week. The scene with that bear-looking thing scared the crap out of me, sure, but the ending scene with the spoilers:
    humanoid thing that mirrored Portman's character's movements
    end of spoilers freaked me the hell out. She's got a persevering gene that I don't, because I would have just given up.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

'It'. Far more funny than I think they intended.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom -entertaining matinee fare - nothing more than that. Chris Pratt raises it up a notch but feels flimsy compared to the other summer blockbusters (Avengers/Deadpool/Solo).

Blade Runner 2049, wanted to like it, unfortunately very boring. Some interesting concepts that weren't handled right.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Red Sparrow Not bad but kinda meh. J-Law wasn't great as a Russian spy but not terrible. I'd say she was just this side of adequate. Plot was a bit slow moving. Two and half stars

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Taxi 5.