Page 209 of 212 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3169

Justice League. Just not very good. I could see what they were trying for. but it never completely gelled for me. I liked MoS and BvS, but this was just weak.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Finally got around to watching The Dark Tower ....... why. Just why? This movie was a mess. As someone who has read the book it pissed me off sure, but as just a fan of movies in general it pissed me off more. How this mess ever got made with the talent attached is just baffling to me. And 95 minutes?!? They tried to do a Steven King book in 95 minutes?!? WTF!?!

Finally saw The Human Centipede (First Sequence). Basically a mad scientist kidnaps a man and two woman and then surgically attaches the mouth of the first woman to the anus of the man and attaches the mouth of the
    second woman to the anus of the first woman. There is some nudity if that sort of thing bothers you.

I saw Skyscraper today.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Yesterday I watched Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and Hellboy.
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Black Hammer: The Quantum Age, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Babyteeth

I want to lie shipwrecked and comatose, drinking fresh mango juice. Goldfish shoals nibbling at my toes. Fun, fun, fun in the sun, sun, sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I saw Skyscraper today.
    And.......?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Shrek, on Netflix. I had never seen the movie until last night. It was pretty good.
    Previously: Deep_Sleeper. Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    Love the works of comic book artists - Stuart Immonen, Olivier Coipel, Kev Walker, Valerio Schiti, Esad Ribic, Jerome Opena and so many more great comic book artists

The Riot Club- I sort of have a crush on Max Irons from watching him in Condor. So I decided to track down some of the other films/tv shows he's been in. This film is from 2013 and features a bunch of loutish/spoiled upper class rich young men.

Where they get together dine and thrash and I do mean trash restaurant dinning rooms. As you can expect the behaviour of the men (or boys rather) is just appalling. Especially in their treatment of women and the working class. There was one repugnant scene near the end of the film, which I not only found disturbing for the action. But for the mentality behind the action. But then again it was probably anger, fear (of a life of privilege slipping away) and inferiority. The movie is supposed to be based on Bullingdon Club. Which boasts the former PM David Cameron and Boris Johnsston. The only way you get admittance to the club is to be asked. And once you get asked you have connections for life.

I understand that going to the 'right' school (apparently the Tory party is made up of mostly Oxbridge graduates) in England is what counts for getting you certain places. But some of the guys in the club were genuine loose cannons. And I don't know why anyone would want to associate with someone like that.
    • “The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, & when you don’t feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.” ― Charles B. Handy
    • "We are not what we own or what we do for a living. We are who we choose to be, which is so much grander than any possession we can possibly acquire". - Alyssa Gross

I watched Murder Your Friends the other day, not bad but not great either. It's about a music executive during the 90s Britpop period who knows sod all about music so kills people for promotions. It's a bit like American Psycho with how detach people in the rich world are to everyone else. I was disappointed with the music itself not playing a bigger part in the flick. Even tho it features legendary London music venues like Hammersmith Apollo and Electric Ballroom the music is just a plot device unlike other films like Scott Pilgrim or Trainspotting where the soundtrack kept the film together. I did find out the writer was a music exec once and he passed on signing both Muse and Coldplay who went on to become 2 of the biggest British bands in the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And.......?
    Watch it once, never watch it again. Run of the mill in every respect.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Watch it once, never watch it again. Run of the mill in every respect.
    Anything the rock does has enough charm for a single watch. Even the bad stuff, like I'm never watching Rampage again but it was fun for a single watch. Same as baywatch which is probaly his worst movie in years. The Rock makes anything watchable for me. I thought skyscraper was ok... yea wont watch it again

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Yesterday I watched Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and Hellboy.
    I wish the humor in Hellboy came from the same place as in the comics. As a movie on its own its fine but (as always) the source material is so much better. Hope they'll get the next Hellboy right.

I saw The Equalizer 2 today. I liked it. I think it tried to do a little too much with its subplots. Or rather, had too many subplots. But the main story was pretty good as it picked up.

Also, co-star Pedro Pascal REALLY needs to stop taking roles like this. No spoilers, watch the movie and if you know who he is, you'll know what I mean.

The death of Superman, the one they just released.

Good version, not my favorite but decent enough.