Page 105 of 211 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3162
    Extraordinary Member

Lego Batman - 8/10, hilarious, but I did not like Robin at all
    Shrek 1 - 9/10, such a great film
    Shrek 2 - 6/10, you can notice a dip

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Watched today:

The Great Wall
    It was better than I thought it would be, and it was plenty wild. Enjoyed the heck out that movie!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

The Lego Batman Movie: Laughed a lot with this one.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

John Wick 2 and it was f'n amazing. Seeing it at least once more before it leaves the theater.

Hacksaw Ridge.

Some of it is a little too overly earnest. But I'll be damned if it wasn't incredibly effective and moving. I was moved to tears a few times.

Also, Runaway Train. This is one of those films that has a cult following and it considered an action classic. It's also one of those acclaimed films I thought was utter dreck. It's well produced, but almost the entire cast is horrible in it. John Voight is ok, but Eric Roberts is laughably bad and annoying as hell. The dialogue is asinine and it's overall an incredibly melodramatic and goofy film. I know this word is thrown around a lot and people hate it, but I'd honestly describe it as pretentious. It acts like it's this lean action film with insight into human nature. But it's simply too stupid for any this to have any kind of impact.
    Last edited by GizmotheStark89; 02-21-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Justice League Reserve Manchuto's Avatar

Over this past Weekend I just saw Finding Dory on Netflix.
    I personally give it a rating of 7/10.
    It had a simple story that was very funny through out and I also liked the flashbacks that explained Dory's backstory.
    The Heroic Manchuto Guardian Of The Purple Moon and Protector of Metropolis and Gotham City on DC Universe Online

Legend of Tarzan

Actually really enjoyed this movie, thought the charatcers were great and well acted. Overall Story gets a C but the acting gets a B+.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    The Lego Batman Movie: Laughed a lot with this one.
    Friends are the family, you can choose!
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by GizmotheStark89 View Post
    Hacksaw Ridge.

Some of it is a little too overly earnest. But I'll be damned if it wasn't incredibly effective and moving. I was moved to tears a few times.

Also, Runaway Train. This is one of those films that has a cult following and it considered an action classic. It's also one of those acclaimed films I thought was utter dreck. It's well produced, but almost the entire cast is horrible in it. John Voight is ok, but Eric Roberts is laughably bad and annoying as hell. The dialogue is asinine and it's overall an incredibly melodramatic and goofy film. I know this word is thrown around a lot and people hate it, but I'd honestly describe it as pretentious. It acts like it's this lean action film with insight into human nature. But it's simply too stupid for any this to have any kind of impact.
    Not that it will change your opinion, but the subtext was runaway nuclear arsenals.

UUUUGGGHHH. BOOORIIIIIIIIING
    Two things surprise me:
    1. That they chose a boring dull movie to remake in their live action remake spree.
    2. The remake is actually good and entertaining, not a brilliant entry, but at least it makes up for a dull original, which in itself is a brilliant feat.

After this I chose to watch CinemaSins video, I'm liking it more than the movie itself, and I'm glad that Jeremy shares my dislike for this garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Legend of Tarzan

Actually really enjoyed this movie, thought the charatcers were great and well acted. Overall Story gets a C but the acting gets a B+.
    I agree with your scoring. It's disappointing that Margot Robbie got a razzie nomination for how she played Jane in this movie.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I finally got around to watching Deadpool. I was a bit wary because there was os much hype about it that I was worried that it wouldn't live up to it. Freakin' hilarious
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Not that it will change your opinion, but the subtext was runaway nuclear arsenals.
    There can be numerous kinds of subtexts within a film.

Quote Originally Posted by GizmotheStark89 View Post
    There can be numerous kinds of subtexts within a film.
    True, and I am not saying your assessment was wrong, but this is something I specifically remember the film creators saying it was about.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Prince of Tides
    came across it on TV, had never heard of it and stayed due to Nick Nolte. Good movie if you like to shed some manly tears from time to time and are open to "older material".

Finally saw La La Land and Moonlight....and thought they were both incredibly "meh".

I hate to be that guy that poo-poo's on the most buzzed about films and awards winners. I really do. But to be honest most of the recent Best Picture hopefuls and winners haven't floated my boat in years. They always seem to choose the safest movies they can.

La La Land was beautifully shot and Emma Stone was wonderful. But musicals are something I can only tolerate with a specific set of parameter's. So it's mostly my bias against the genre than La La Land itself, but I did have problems with Goslings character, who I found obnoxious. that kind of character is hard to pull off, and they missed the mark. I also felt the films attempt to homage the grand old days of Hollywood musicals to be hollow and manufactured. It didn't feel authentic. Overall it's magical and wonderous feeling people rave about felt fake to me. But I DO respect the technical aspects a great deal. It looked fabulous.

Moonlight was just rather uninteresting. It's as simple as that. Like La La Land, it was very well made and acted, but I simply wasn't drawn in. It's first act was the strongest. The subsequent last two ruined the immersion.