Page 110 of 211 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3162
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Almost every review i see is the monsters and Kong are great the cast is ok but flat. Except John.C Reily who steals the show.
    Nah, I think Goodman, Jackson, Reilly and even Jason Mitchell turned in some better than "ok" performances. Brie Larson and Tom Hiddleston were barely needed at all. The rest of the cast is "ok". The only one that I would consider "flat" is the guy who played Chapman (Toby Kebbell).

Almost every review i see is the monsters and Kong are great the cast is ok but flat. Except John.C Reily who steals the show.
    I didn't really think the cast was flat. The characters don't have arcs for the most part, but that seems somewhat intentional as Kong: Skull Island is for the most part a throwback to the archetypal monster films. The cast then elevates that material.

I think the main thing to do is don't go in expecting King Kong (2005) as Kong: Skull Island draws from the broader kaiju genre for its influences, whereas Jackson's film was an (overlong) love letter to the original.

I thought the human characters in Kong: Skull Island were more entertaining than the characters in 2014's Godzilla, even if the latter's characters were better realized.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds a lot like Godzilla .
    Except it sounds like kong is the star not someone we barely see like godzilla.

They really aren't. Samuel L. Jackson actually has a pretty fascinating character arc with a lot of fun visual metaphor and his performance is intense. John C. Reilly is the heart and soul of the film. Shea Whigham was funny as well. Larson has a little mini-arc and Hiddleston is just a charismatic as hell presence. The cast is too large, but everyone is fun and naturally appealing.

Moana

8.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Moana

8.5/10
    Yea saw that last week, really fun.

Saw Kong. It was kinda wack. Character motivations are bad, so are their relationships. The only people with any real substance was Samuel L Jackson's character and Goodman's. Everyone else felt cookie cutter as shit IMO. Kong barely showed up in his own movie. Aside from the opening scene when he first encountered people and the third act, Kong was just kinda meandering in the island. He did look great though, even in the daylight.
    Superhero shows are trash

Invincible Member

The Accountant. 2 and half stars out of five. I didn't like the ending.

Mulholland Dr. Three and half out of five. I Mostly enjoyed it. Even when it turned into a David Lynch film.

Midnight. Four out of five. Great performances from mostly non-professional actor. Although no real plot the film was moving and affecting.

I saw a Dutch romantic comedy called 'Alberta'. It's about a man who works in advertising and who has a seemingly great life with his wife and adopted son, but then enters a mid-life crisis and uses this as an excuse to start an affair with a 20 years younger neo-hippie girl named Alberta; the two quickly go on a vacation to Alberta in Canada (because why not?) where the relationship quickly turns stale because of their differing views. A pair of RCMP named Butter and Bread and a First Nations trucker called Dragonfoot are also thrown into the mix for good measure.

It wasn't very good in my opinion. Weak script, weak jokes, and mostly uninspired acting. A lot of talent went to waste in this run-of-the-mill comedy. Most underwhelming film I've seen in a while, but I was kind of expecting that going in. That having been said, it wasn't a total waste and I did get a chuckle out of it here and there. I saw it at noon, though the theatre I visit doesn't charge discount matinee fees.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

ASS ASS IN'S CREED
    It didn't make me cry, it didn't frustrate me, I found it to be rather enjoyable.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

In Bruges. Rewatch, but such a good little film.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Kong Skull Island great monster flick. Watching this I think Hiddleston is going to be a way better Bond than Craig.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Nocturnal Animals - thought it was excellent - 8 out of 10.

Had the flu and watched some junk on the couch:
    Kung Fu Panda 3 (mildly enjoyable)
    The Boss (awful)

Extraordinary Member

Sausage Party - 0/10

X-Men Apocalypse. Good, but not as good as DOFP.
    Maybe some of it was too predictable, characters changing sides and like that.
    I didn't geek out at the geek-out moments the way I should have.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!