Page 101 of 211 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3162

Arrival- really enjoyed it alot more then i thought I would.

Not a movie but i started watching the netflix show frontier. Watched the first episode, i was under the impression Mamoa was the protagonist. Yet we spend the least amount of time with him then anyone else. Made worse by the fact the show is actually interesting when hes on screen. Hopefully the next few episodes focus more on him.

Fences - very good performances all around. 4 out of 5.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Para Minha Amada Morta, Brazilian drama about a man who inflitrates into the family of the man with whom his deceased wife had had an affair. Very subtle revenge story, great non-verbal acting from everyone involved.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Split

The return of M. Night. His best since Unbreakable. Incredibly well acted, well shot, perfectly paced with one hell of a great final act. It's got a lot fun symbolism to explore and they way it goes about answering questions and revealing it's secrets in masterful. It's a film you'd imagine he would make during the early 2000's before he went off the deep end. I'm shocked M. Night had it in him. He's back in full force and I hope he can keep it up.

It's also surprisingly funny in parts, and in a good way. "et cetera".

I saw A Street Cat Named Bob. Nice feelgood movie based on the true story of an ex-druggie street busker whose life turns around when he takes a ginger tomcat into his house. It stars Luke Treadaway as James Bowen, and co-stars Ruta Gedmintas as his neo-hippie friend, and Joanne Froggatt as the social worker who helps him. There's also a supporting role for Anthony Head as James' father. I really enjoyed it. Bob was adorable throughout.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Across the Universe, i like it a lot, but it haved some parts that have me sad, and i get to download ,instantly, the beatles songs that i love so much
    we can be heroes, just for one day

The Last Wave

Early Peter Weir. And probably my favorite film of his.

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK
    It was a jolly to watch.
    Constantine is a bit of a dick.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Star Wars: Rogue One. I ended up walking out on it after about 90 minutes, because it was so boring and predictable and I couldn't find myself caring about any of the characters. I didn't like the Force Awakens, but at least I liked watching Daisy Ridley's character I thought that she was fun and inspiring. The only character I liked in Rogue One was the blind Asian gentlemen.

Passengers. I'm trying to figure out why the movie got such bad ratings. I really liked it.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Star Wars: Rogue One. I ended up walking out on it after about 90 minutes, because it was so boring and predictable and I couldn't find myself caring about any of the characters. I didn't like the Force Awakens, but at least I liked watching Daisy Ridley's character I thought that she was fun and inspiring. The only character I liked in Rogue One was the blind Asian gentlemen.
    The battle on Scarif was great, but I agree with you about the rest. It got a lot of hype for being associated with Star Wars, but I thought it was one of the weaker movies. You don't know crap about any of the characters and no one really had an arc. There are also a lot of questions and wasted performances.
    Superhero shows are trash

I saw Split a while back. It was...OK for the most part. The ending is either gonna blow your mind or you're gonna think it's the dumbest thing in the world. Strong performance by McAvoy and the lead girl. The supporting characters were pretty weak. There were also random flashbacks that happen at strange times during the film. Felt really outta place and wasn't integrated properly. It's purpose is to explore a characters background, but it really felt like forced exposition. The movie was also LOL funny at times too, which was surprising.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    but... but... you paid already. Never understood this. People leaving after a trailer they wanted to watch or if they didn't like a movie. I confess to falling asleep 3 times despite liking the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    but... but... you paid already. Never understood this. People leaving after a trailer they wanted to watch or if they didn't like a movie. I confess to falling asleep 3 times despite liking the movies.
    I guess after a while, you realize you could be doing something else with your time? Time = Money? I use free passes for a lot of movies I'm iffy on, but haven't walked outta one yet despite not even paying. I kinda just..suffer silently lmao.

Sing Street - Screen Junkies has been raving about this movie for months now. With the Academy Awards coming up, Screen Junkies was talking about how poorly the Weinstein Company botched Academy recognition for this movie.

I checked it out on Netflix and it's a pretty great movie. Some great songs and performances.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/