Page 102 of 211 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3162
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    I guess after a while, you realize you could be doing something else with your time? Time = Money? I use free passes for a lot of movies I'm iffy on, but haven't walked outta one yet despite not even paying. I kinda just..suffer silently lmao.
    How do I get a free pass? I could probably try to sneak into a movie but I'm no master criminal *sigh*

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Lion - great watch. Takes lots of tissues. 8 out of 10

at home:
    Stonewall - ok though I get the criticism - 6 out of 10.
    Grandma - Lily Tomlin is excellent - 7.5 out of 10

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    How do I get a free pass? I could probably try to sneak into a movie but I'm no master criminal *sigh*
    Haha, my father gets passes from his work. They are actually for $8.50 a pop, but you can use them at any time or date. Non matinee prices where I live is close to 11 bucks, so it helps. It's for Regal Cinemas.
    Superhero shows are trash

Gave Doctor Strange another watch because I was in a bad mood when I saw it in theaters and felt maybe that attributed to why I didn't like it.

Well, I still don't like it. My first impressions were correct. It's a well enough acted film and it's at least a visual break from the flat look of most other MCU films, but I simply didn't care about anything that was going on. I didn't care about Strange's journey, as I found it perfunctory and rushed. I didn't care about the threat, as its basically the same kind of vague world ending mumbo-jumbo we've seen a million times before (I do give the film props for having a more clever ending than I was expecting) and I didn't care about the villain.

It suffered from the same thing Ant-Man suffered from. The actual story and character progression was so by-the-numbers it couldn't elicit any interest in me outside of the visuals. IT didn't feel like the script even cared to strive for the basics of what audiences expect from these movies.

5/10 for the effects and the clever ending.

I honestly can't understand how this got the raves it did.

I saw Queen of Katwe last night. While the movie avoided too much in the way of cheap sentimentality, there was never any dramatic tension built up for the chess playing scenes. The end result of the movie and story was known, but they could've at least made it seem more intense.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member

Finally watched the remake of Ghostbusters. I read that the negative views were in part backlash against feminism. That might influence some but not me. In truth, it wasn't a very good movie. The acting and plot just weren't there. Too bad.

I won't rehash it but it just wasn't any good.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Watched Jack Reacher 2. Not nearly as good as the first one. 4/10
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member

Watched Childen Of Men. It's quite frankly a masterpiece. 9/10. Cauron has one heck of an eye; the cinematography is out of this world. That man knows how to work a camera, he really is a master filmmaker.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Watched Jack Reacher 2. Not nearly as good as the first one. 4/10
    Ouch. Still need to see it. Enjoyed the 1st one that much.

Anyone else catch the news that IMDB is deleting all their message boards?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

La La Land - 9/10.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

the shining, first time i saw it complety, wow it was good, it wasnt that scary but it was very intriguing and exciting,

cant wait to watch jhon wick 2 !
    we can be heroes, just for one day

xXx: Return of Xander Cage

Popcorn flick. No depth but found it fun, nonetheless.

I think the highlight for me was seeing Sandor Clegane singing. Actually, most Rory McCann scenes. Also, Samuel L. Jackson spoofing Nick Fury.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

The Nice Guys. Fun movie, but could have been better. Gosling's drunken high jinks got a little old.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    The Nice Guys. Fun movie, but could have been better. Gosling's drunken high jinks got a little old.
    Very solid movie. Loved seeing Crowe as the straight man and Gosling as the comedy relief. Pretty good noir, mystery too.
    Superhero shows are trash