Page 140 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 3162

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Spidey 2 use to be my favorite till martin from double toasted brokedown why that mvoie makes no sense and i sweae i heard glass shattering in my head and felt dumb i never noticed that stuff b4. Still love the movie Molina acts his ass off and soem great fight scenes but yea Homecoming is my new favorite i think from the spidey bunch.
    Just saw that video, and I've been some of the things he said for years, all the replies I got are "LOL, that movie is great", and then some walls of text explaining why I'm wrong when I'm like "That's not in the movie".
    I like it, but it used to be my least favorite Spider-Man movie until I saw Homecoming, which easily has a superior villain.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Just saw that video, and I've been some of the things he said for years, all the replies I got are "LOL, that movie is great", and then some walls of text explaining why I'm wrong when I'm like "That's not in the movie".
    I like it, but it used to be my least favorite Spider-Man movie until I saw Homecoming, which easily has a superior villain.
    I love that they choose Michael Keaton (Birdman and Batman) as a flying villain. This alone makes me wanna watch it and then on top you have great chemistry between RDJ an Tom Holland. I still geek out for the changing Spider eyes and the vulture costume

EDIT: also very excited for Thor Ragnarok because of Hulk, Hela, Skurge and Valkyrie. The Immigrant Song trailer is my favourite one in years
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 07-29-2017 at 12:09 PM.

The Social Network
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Mystic River

Incredible Member

Snowpiercer.

Thoroughly enjoyed the film and Chris Evans performance

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
    Doctor Strange

POWER RANGERS
    This movie is bad, and somewhat entertaining. Some of the jokes worked, some stuff are unintentionally funny, and then there is the regular "I'm the villain who killed before, now that I can kill you movie heroes with ease I won't, cause plot armor"
    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I love that they choose Michael Keaton (Birdman and Batman) as a flying villain. This alone makes me wanna watch it and then on top you have great chemistry between RDJ an Tom Holland. I still geek out for the changing Spider eyes and the vulture costume

EDIT: also very excited for Thor Ragnarok because of Hulk, Hela, Skurge and Valkyrie. The Immigrant Song trailer is my favourite one in years
    Enjoy.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

No Country For Old Men.

Hadn't seen it in many years so it was good to watch again with fairly new eyes.

Saw a bunch.

Zootopia: Very fun. 8/10.

Schindler's List: What a movie. 9/10.

John Wick: Chapter 2: Awesome. 8.5/10.

Darkman: Entertaining. 7.5/10.

22 Jump Street: I think it's good at what it does and is quite funny at times. 7/10.

KONG: SKULL ISLAND
    I should have loved this movie more, it has the right ingredients to be my favorite movie of the year, but I did not love it that much. I love a lot about it, I love enough to place it at the top 10 in my list of releases seen this year.

DUNKIRK
    I loved this more than the one I named first in this post, it's great. I have my issues with how it's done, but I love it.
    I am very happy to say this does not have the familiar Nolan editing style seen in movies like Batman Begins and The Prestige.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Spiderman Homecoming

Some random thoughts...

Loved Keaton's Vulture, him and the look of the character. His motivation too. Sure he was doing some evil ****, but he was doing it for the fam, not moustache twirling evil.

Holland is the best Spidey/Parker. Easily.

Didn't dig his Siri suit. Takes away from the grounded everyman slant with him.

MJ (but not really MJ) just annoyed me. She was an *******, just...to be an ******* i guess. I didn't find her presence or lines amusing in any way. She could have been absent from the movie and it would have changed nothing.

7/10 for me.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Gone Baby Gone

Monster House

BANNED

Over the last couple weeks:

Shawshank Redemption 9.5/10 Great, moving film.

Train to Busan 9.5/10 S. Korea zombie movie... and I'd put it up there with the best zombie flicks ever. It's that good. If it didn't go quite so over the top in some places it'd be worth a 10.

10 Cloverfield Lane 8.5/10 Solid thriller with a twist carried by standout performances from Mary Elizabeth Winstead and John Goodman.

Cabin in the Woods 8.5/10 Surprisingly fun horror comedy.

Whiplash 9/10 J.K. Simmons at his most marvelously unhinged along with a solid turn by Miles Teller made this a much more engaging film than I thought it'd be.
    Last edited by GhostPirate; 08-18-2017 at 05:27 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Gone Baby Gone
    Ed Harris' performance was outstanding and I really like Casey Affleck. Plus Michelle Monaghan is so hot... errh Irish (which is kinda the same for me)
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 08-04-2017 at 11:26 AM.