Page 145 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3162

Alien: Covenant
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Shin Godzilla!

Like 10 times.

It's the most tonally similar Godzilla to the original Gojira (not the American version, the Japanese one) I have ever seen and I've watched them all.

If without the Godzilla stuff, it's still an amazing sci-fi/disaster film.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Green Room

I liked it.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Please don't judge me but revenge of the sith I keep on rewatching the film for some reason.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

I AM NOT YOUR NEGRO: Documentary about the life and times of James Baldwin

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Alien: Covenant
    Better than Resurrection, that instantly makes it better than Prometheus, but it's still blah.
    Maybe you like this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSaKxB-8YlE

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Green Room

I liked it.

Maybe you'd like Combat Girls http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1890373/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Please don't judge me but revenge of the sith I keep on rewatching the film for some reason.
    I think it's a good movie. Maybe a little to heavy on action/fight/battle scenes to my tastes, but entertaining and moving nonetheless.

I love the Obi-Wan/Grievous fight.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

BANNED

1998, The Avengers. A bit silly. But what stood out for me watching Uma Thurman as Emma Peel is how she still manages to carry off being strong yet lady like. I just don't understand why so many of today's action heroines come across as 'Tom boys' or as if they have anger problems.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Probably will watch all of these. Boyle is capable of so much genius. It'll be interesting to see the subversive level or lack thereof of some of his other films. In a weird way, he sort of reminds me of like if Garth Ennis and Grant Morrison had a baby or something, which fits because he's Irish.
    I'd skip Millions, it's probably the worst of his movies. At least the movies I've seen of his anyways.

I don't really see anything of those two in him. Especially Morrison. He seems way too high minded to be all that much like them. Is it because of his genre work? Because that's Alex Garland, who did some genre stuff with him in the 2000s, but has seemingly moved on into directing his own stuff post-Dredd since the success of Ex Machina.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Naked on netflix

Wtf this was bad. There are moments where Marlon Waynes is actually really good in it. But most the time hes just over the top telling badly written jokes. He baffles me like Adam Sandler, we know when they try to really act in other peoples moview they can be good not great but good. But most the time they just do "their" movies.
    What did you expect? It's a Marlon Waynes vehicle from the people that brought you the A Haunted House movies.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just finished watching Assassin's Creed. Not bad, not bad at all.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    What did you expect? It's a Marlon Waynes vehicle from the people that brought you the A Haunted House movies.
    I thought there was a chance it might be a movie where Marlon actually acts. I know when he trys he not bad but this has its momens but most of it is just silly. I saw Marlon and Shawn doing stand up in Las Vegas last year. Marlon was hilarious, but this movie had almost no funny jokes. Him and Adam Sandler piss me off because ive seen them act theyre asses off in movies before. But they choose to just cash a check, rather then put in the effort most the time. Supposedly Adam Sandler turn in a performance for some Dustin Hoffman movie that had ppl talking. I just dont get why actors like that look like they arent trying most the time. We know they can act, so when they give us shit its more annoying.

@west
    I didnt think AC was bad but it wasnt good. The fights scenes were hacked up so much they ruined what looked to be some beautiful shots. The main girl was pernouncing Animus wrong sounded like she was saying anal-mus. And i can see how non fans of the games would be lost during the movie. The exposition was not handled well and Jeremy Irons mumbled his lines and was hard to understand. But i found it watchable and wouldnt mind a sequel. I hope they go to Etzio for it though. Imo hes one if the best video game charatcers ever. Has a nice arc and most importantly has charisma oozing from him. Which this movie could used some

BANNED

What We Do in the Shadows

Loved it.

BANNED

Watched Bridge of Spies, which easily has to be one of the best movies of 2015. It's also a pretty good example of how big of a joke the 88th Academy Awards were. How The Big Short got in over this, or a whole lot of other movies for that matter, is beyond me. It's probably one of the best directed films of that whole year.

It's kind of amusing watching this movie for the first time now, given how so many people have seeming lost their minds this year.