Page 15 of 211 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Finally got to see Jurassic World, whole buncha.. Meh.

Astonishing Member

Underworld.The Rise of the Lycans. Good cast as Bill Nighy one protagonist of this movie,but story wise it is a bit boring.

Star Wars.Episode 7.Great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It came out quite awhile ago, but I just saw "Once" - great little film about a guy and a girl and their love of music and .... maybe each other?? I see why it got the notices that it did (they literally make beautiful music together) but it's straight up-and-down "indie" in a way that if you don't like indie films about characters talking, you won't see what's the big deal. I found it totally charming - not a game-changer or anything, but sweet and fun and touching. (and makes Linklater's "Before Sunrise" series seem totally contrived and forced)
    It became a very good Broadway musical. The musical played up the love story more, whereas the movie was more about the lead guy's getting his music career going. I liked both and thought the different angles worked in each medium.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

No country for old men- my tradition is to watch it every year on January 1st to calibrate my taste in what makes a perfect movie

Go Phillies

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I think The Hateful Eight is the most alive I've ever seen an audience at something. It's such a movie that demands to be seen with other people.
    BIG BLACK DINGUS in his MOUTH

Go Phillies

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    No country for old men- my tradition is to watch it every year on January 1st to calibrate my taste in what makes a perfect movie
    One of the few movies in the 90% on RT that I genuinely don't like.

Conquest of The Planet of the Apes.....on HBO Zone right now.

I love them all.

Go Phillies

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I think The Hateful Eight is the most alive I've ever seen an audience at something. It's such a movie that demands to be seen with other people.
    Rate your top 8 Hateful Eight performances

1. Samuel L. Jackson
    2. Walton Goggins
    3. Tim Roth
    4. Kurt Russell
    5. Bruce Dern
    6. Demian Bichir
    7. Michael Madsen
    8. Jennifer Jason Leigh

The Martian. I really enjoyed it. Best Ridley Scott movie in a long time.

Go Phillies

Natural Born Killers. The first 45 minutes were all over the place, and largely boring. But the interview and jail break scenes were fucking awesome. Harrelson was great, as usual, but Downey particularly shined as the sleazy TV man who discovers the adrenaline rush of killing. Tommy Lee Jones was good, but I can't help feeling Gary Oldman would have been better in the role. 3.5/5 stars.

Astonishing Member

Fantastic Four. It wasnt that bad as a sci fi movie. Craptacular as a FF Movie though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Fantastic Four. It wasnt that bad as a sci fi movie. Craptacular as a FF Movie though.
    I just don't think it's possible to do a really well done FF movie in live action. It is tailor made for animation. It's easier to balance the different styles and tropes. Imagine the Incredibles in live action. Now it's jarring.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    I just don't think it's possible to do a really well done FF movie in live action. It is tailor made for animation. It's easier to balance the different styles and tropes. Imagine the Incredibles in live action. Now it's jarring.
    What in the world does The Incredibles have to do with Fantastic Four?

All superheroes are tailor made for animation. Until someone does it well in live action. Then it's awesome.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Force Awakens. I've seen it twice now.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    What in the world does The Incredibles have to do with Fantastic Four?

All superheroes are tailor made for animation. Until someone does it well in live action. Then it's awesome.
    Because it's the same concept for a superhero team. Family with superhero powers. One who can stretch, one who can go invisible and create force fields, one who is a strong man (minus the deformity), and the only real difference is the hot head brother is a speedster instead of fire powers. They even have an ally who looks like a stand in for the silver surfer and there own version of DOOM. The only major difference is that they are a working class family as opposed to innovative geniuses.

And no not all heroes are tailor made for animation. Batman is an easy transition to live action. Take the TAS. It's so easy to envision that in live action. The Incredibles not so much.