Page 151 of 211 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3162

Cloverfield.
    Now watching: Amazing Spider-Man
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I saw Wind River. It's a murder mystery set in Wyoming. A Native American woman's body is found by a game tracker and a FBI agent is tasked with finding out what happened because the body was found on the reservation.

The film, written and directed by Taylor Sheridan, was gorgeously shot. The scenery is both stark and beautiful all at once. These are the kinds of movies that make it look like a place I'd at least like to visit (until I remember how much I don't care for the outdoors that is).

The story is pretty good as well. It is dialogue heavy rather than just dumping info so the tempo of the tale doesn't suffer. The only thing I'd have to say about the writing is that the last act pretty much telegraphs the bad guys once they show up as well as one action that takes place. If you are paying the least bit of attention you can figure things out from that point forward. Until that point, there's a really good performance from Jeremy Renner (from the Avengers movies) as the game tracker and Elizabeth Olsen as the FBI agent. Graham Greene as the tribal land police chief does a great job as well.

This is a really good movie despite that minor complaint about the last part of the movie. I gave it an 8 out of 10 on IMDB.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

I saw The Hitman's Bodyguard, which was alright, 3/5 - 6/10. I never laughed once, but it was an OK action-'comedy'. The action scenes were reasonably well done. Sam Jackson was Sam Jackson and Ryan Reynolds held it together with much style and wit. *shrugs*

BANNED

Requiem for a Dream(2000)

It was okay. I didn't find it intense or disturbing like so many do. Then again I'm not impressionable and I don't have much sympathy for junkies, so this movie probably isn't for me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 09-05-2017 at 09:42 PM.

BANNED

The Seventh Seal(1957)

I liked it.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    The Seventh Seal(1957)

I liked it
    Does it involve the Templars? (one of my movie fetishes I blame on a childhood watching movies about swordfights)

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I saw Wind River. This is a really good movie despite that minor complaint about the last part of the movie. I gave it an 8 out of 10 on IMDB.
    I am dying to watch this one but it'll have to wait. I know I'll love it based on the talent involved. Easily one of my most anticipated this year.

I rewatched The Force Awakens last night.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Moana.

Not bad, not bad. The silly sidekick is a chicken so this time at least we are spared the lame jokes, thanks the gods for that. Maui is quite the douchebag, surprisingly abusive, and Moana is a pleasant main character.

The setting was really cool but the story? I don't know, that's just your classical "you're a special snowflake too, follow your own path!!" tell that Disney sure loves so much to make again and again and again.

But well, all in all i liked it fine. Actually it's even maybe up there in my top 3, with Tangled and Toy Story 2. Or somewhere in my top 5.

Amazing Member

The Founder:
    After watching a review from my favorite movie collecting YouTube, Cool Duder, I decided to pick up this movie on blu-ray because I really wanted to know the history behind the Mcdonalds franchise. Boy am I glad I did because this movie was great. Won't say too much about the movie, but watching how the Mcdonalds brothers came up with their idea for the first ever fast food restaurant was amazing. Hate what the main character did to them in the end, but it was a nice lesson for people that go into business.
    Movie was so good that I had to sit down and watch it a second time. Had my mom sit down with me to watch it and she enjoyed it as well. You know a movie is good when it makes somebody not want to eat at Mcdonalds anymore based on what happened in the movie lmao.

The Founder was surprisingly engaging, having watched it recently I agree with much of what you said.

One thing I'll say for McDonalds, though - they never get comfortable. Decry their business practices, and the way Kroc ended up treating the McDonald brothers, but they don't stay stagnant and that speaks to their longevity.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Finally watching table 19. Just put the accountant, Mike and Dave need wedding dates and the hollars on hold at the library
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Did some Netflix watching.

Here Alone (2016) - A young woman struggles to survive on her own in the wake of a mysterious epidemic that has killed much of society, and forced her deep into the unforgiving wilderness.
    A pretty decent "zombie" flick even though the zombie's aren't the focus of the movie. (7 of 10)

Would You Rather (2012) - Desperate to help her ailing brother, a young woman unknowingly agrees to compete in a deadly game of "Would You Rather," hosted by a sadistic aristocrat.
    Also a film that was better than I was expecting. (7 of 10)

Astonishing Member

Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
    A great movie.

Wonder Woman, Gaal was very cool in this movie <3