Page 161 of 211 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3162

Chinatown
    Interesting movie, with bits I feel uncomfortable with. The ending is interesting.

Baby Driver
    A nice movie I really liked.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

War for the planet of the Apes- give Ceasar an oscar right now lol.. Seriously it was good.

Baby Driver- really fun charatcers and chase scenes

Baby sitter- on netflix it was so rediculously stupid that it was fun Af. I laughed alot
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 10-23-2017 at 12:53 PM.

I watched Rogue One for the second time tonight. I enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time at the cinema.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Jaws
    The movie is hard to criticize. No fat, not a word, not a scene too much. Great effects. Thrilling despite having watched it a few years ago. The USS Indianapolis moment is still haunting.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Ramayya Vasthavayya 2013

It was cray cray.

Rome, Open City. I liked it, though the end was too preachy compared to the more subtle plot that goes for most of the movie

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Rome, Open City. I liked it, though the end was too preachy compared to the more subtle plot that goes for most of the movie
    This film was on our list when I did Film Studies many years ago. Do you know the story behind how it was filmed?

They were filming just after the Nazis had been driven out of Rome and as the Alllies were occupying Rome. They had limited resources and were filming on the fly, imporvising scenes. Most of the actors are non-professional with the exception of Fabrizi and Magnani. They had to scrounge for film stock and the bad film processing gave it that cheap look.

Rossellini was making a movie--originally supposed to be two short documentaries--based on two real life events from the war and advocated by their main investor--an old lady--but they were always running short of money to finish the movie. So it's a miracle that it got made at all.

I would liken this to an early Dogma movie. In that it's establishing certain rules for Neo-Realism but these rules are being made up as they go along, due to the limitations of the moment.

Rise and Dawn of, as well as War For, the Planet of the Apes. This is such an amazing trilogy. Andy Serkis as Caesar is just an absolutely perfect character.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Those new Planet of the Apes movies probably make up the best movie movie series of the last six years.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Chinatown
    Interesting movie, with bits I feel uncomfortable with. The ending is interesting.
    One of the most perfect movies I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Jaws
    The movie is hard to criticize. No fat, not a word, not a scene too much. Great effects. Thrilling despite having watched it a few years ago. The USS Indianapolis moment is still haunting.
    The older I get, the more impressed I am with such economy of storytelling.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

The Samurai Trilogy(1954-56) starring Toshiro Mifune

It's about the legendary samurai Musashi Miyamoto(played by Mifune).

They're pretty movies with good soundtracks and some nice actions scenes. However, Musashi's journey from a wild rogue to a renowned swordsman isn't very interesting, and all the women are portrayed as weak-willed and deceitful.

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope for the zillionth time.

Retired

I have a feeling that if STAR WARS was going to get another title when it came out in 1977, it wouldn't have been A NEW HOPE. Who would go to see a movie with that title?

Mind you I thought STAR WARS itself was not a great title at the time. It didn't sound very special.

THE SCOUNDREL, THE PRINCESS AND THE FARM BOY would be misleading--sounds like the title of a bodice-ripper. A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY has the right ring to it.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Watched "Housebound" last night on Netflix. Very entertaining movie. It's like the British version of 'Disturbia'.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back