Page 188 of 211 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3162
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I really liked Paul Rudd. But yea the movie had a bad choice for every good one. Most the actors were good and as a True blood fan I'm always defending Skarsgard. I don't think he's an amazing actor but I don't think he's bad at all. The episodes Eric is nice because he loses his memories showed me he had some range and could do more then the strong silent type. Thought he was fine it Mute not as engaging as Paul Rudd but still solid
    I liked Skarsgard as well. My main issue was with the cyberpunk setting. It was tasteless, and those cgi robot strippers...yikes. I mean, Paul Rudd and Justin Theroux had this expatriate Vietnam vet look going on, which got me thinking 'Why isn't this set in 70s Berlin?'
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 03-03-2018 at 03:29 PM.

Assassin's Creed (2016)
    Clearly a bad movie, but it's one that entertains me, and that is the most important thing about a movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I loved this move so much when I saw it in the theatre. I think I saw it twice, just because I loved everything about it. And the little girl was amazing.
    She's really good in the role.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I saw Black Panther yesterday and really liked it.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Kong: Skull Island. I wanted to waste a couple of hours and watch a movie that was just mindless fun. Skull Island is probably one of the best for it. I really regret not checking this one out in the theatres.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member

Game Night.

Million Dollar Baby (2004)

This movie is awesome. I might end up placing it with the likes of Shawshank Redemption, the Green Mile, and the Help when it comes to greatness.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Was trying to catch up with some Oscar contenders:

The Shape of Water: hmm quite layered - great context and atmosphere - but still I think a tad overrated
    Get Out: quite original in certain respects but also overrated

Wolf Children, 2012, Mamoru Hosoda.

Very, very good. The movie is a tad too long for its own good i would say though, which creates some problems with the pacing and overall rhythm of the movie.

But beside that, man, that's a freaking solid movie. Kind of movie who makes you really care about the characters and root for them.

Raging Bull: I did not enjoy it so much at first as i could not follow the involvement of mafia and thus a good part of the plot. But around one third in i started to really enjoy it. Its a gripping film about the self destruction of Jake Lamotta. I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Kong: Skull Island. I wanted to waste a couple of hours and watch a movie that was just mindless fun. Skull Island is probably one of the best for it. I really regret not checking this one out in the theatres.
    I loved watching that in the theaters. Made me feel like a little kid again for ~2 hours.

I just watched "The Ritual".

Invincible Member

I finally saw To Kill A Mockingbird. I mostly liked it except for a cringey performance during the courtroom scene.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I finally saw To Kill A Mockingbird. I mostly liked it except for a cringey performance during the courtroom scene.
    Which actor did you think was "cringey"?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Justice League Reserve Manchuto's Avatar

Earlier today I saw again "Once Upon A Time in America" which is a 1984 movie starring Robert De Niro and James Woods. It's a very, very long movie but I enjoy the basic story and the variety of flashbacks.
    The Heroic Manchuto Guardian Of The Purple Moon and Protector of Metropolis and Gotham City on DC Universe Online

On The Waterfront: I had planned to see two films 'Raging Bull' and 'On The Waterfront' soon to each other. In part due to that famous 'I coulda been a contender' speech present in both of them. I loved the film. My only problem might be that the score at times felt a bit overbearing. But i simply loved the film. It was a bit weird to see a young Marlon Brando at first. Vito Corleone, Colonel Kurtz, Jor-El, all were older characters. I loved his character as well as Eva Marie Saint. Now i must get that 'North By Northwest' soon. Enough of watching so many black and white movies so close to each other.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Which actor did you think was "cringey"?
    The black actor who played the man that Gregory Peck's character was defending. It's not that I think he did a bad job, he was believable and sure he did exactly what the director/producer told him to do. It's just that spoilers:
    as a black man it was hard for me to watch his character on the stand whimpering because a white woman tried to kiss him. I mean, I understand the context and the overall point of the story, but still...him sniveling and crying like that rubbed me the wrong way.
    end of spoilers