Page 189 of 211 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 3162
    Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

The finest MCU movie of well (well, for me anyway):

Captain America - The Winter Soldier

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Sleuth (1972) - starring Laurence Olivier and Michael Caine (they are like the film's only cast!). Definitely one of the best examples of a stage play made into a great film. A great thriller, a good balance of fun and dark.

(I know it was remade in 2007, but I am in no rush to see the remake, if I ever see it)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-06-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Amazing Member

I've been to see Downsizing, I, Tonya and Red Sparrow recently with Game Night probably on for tomorrow and Tomb Raider as soon as that is open in the UK. Just got an unlimited pass for my local cinema. Covers any 2D showings for the whole month although I can upgrade on a movie by movie basis. My Dad recently died and I was his full time carer so I didn't get near the cinema for ages as he was really ill (Wonder Woman) but I'm back to going regularly. Kinda helps take my mind off things to be honest.

Amazing Member

I really liked I, Tonya but Downsizing and Red Sparrow were minor disappointments to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The black actor who played the man that Gregory Peck's character was defending. It's not that I think he did a bad job, he was believable and sure he did exactly what the director/producer told him to do. It's just that spoilers:
    as a black man it was hard for me to watch his character on the stand whimpering because a white woman tried to kiss him. I mean, I understand the context and the overall point of the story, but still...him sniveling and crying like that rubbed me the wrong way.
    end of spoilers
    Okay, I felt it really showed how oppressed he was.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Just wasted my time with Valarian and the City of a Thousand Planets.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Okay, I felt it really showed how oppressed he was.
    I'm sure that was the point and I'm not really mad at the actor. It was just hard for me to watch. And then I wonder certain other black actors of the era might played it, with the same lines...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm sure that was the point and I'm not really mad at the actor. It was just hard for me to watch. And then I wonder certain other black actors of the era might played it, with the same lines...
    I felt the point that he was a caring soul and not defiant. Making the allegations all the more untrue and the tragedy more heartbreaking.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Last Boy Scout with Bruce Willis and Damon Wayans.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The Last Boy Scout with Bruce Willis and Damon Wayans.
    I'm a big fan of this movie. One R.Tomatoes reviewer put it well: "A slick, big-budget exploitation movie that's preposterous, foul-mouthed and gratuitously violent, but also a great deal of fun."
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Just wasted my time with Valarian and the City of a Thousand Planets.
    Just watched Valerian as well. I wouldn't say it was a waste, beautiful visuals and good action, but in the end it didn't click. I would say the main reason was the actors playing Valerian and Laureline were just weak.
    One of the reasons The Fifth Element work was Bruce Willis and Mila Jojovich, as well as some great supporting people.
    I never thought Valerian and Laureline were the baddest agents in the galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Just watched Valerian as well. I wouldn't say it was a waste, beautiful visuals and good action, but in the end it didn't click. I would say the main reason was the actors playing Valerian and Laureline were just weak.
    One of the reasons The Fifth Element work was Bruce Willis and Mila Jojovich, as well as some great supporting people.
    I never thought Valerian and Laureline were the baddest agents in the galaxy.

Yeah, stunning visuals and creatively done creatures/people. I'm not familiar with the story prior to watching the movie. I liked the concept of the traveling city-world, as well as the planet of Mul.

Valarian himself was one notch above a moldy banana. Laureline was a bit better, but still run-of-the-mill. A slightly overripe banana, I guess. One with brown spots, but one you'd still take to lunch with you.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Yeah, stunning visuals and creatively done creatures/people. I'm not familiar with the story prior to watching the movie. I liked the concept of the traveling city-world, as well as the planet of Mul.

Valarian himself was one notch above a moldy banana. Laureline was a bit better, but still run-of-the-mill. A slightly overripe banana, I guess. One with brown spots, but one you'd still take to lunch with you.
    And they both looked like they were 12 not seasoned veterans.

And they got the uniforms right but the actors didn't really look like the comics.

I watched Deep Blue Sea last night and Suicide Squad tonight.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Rewatched Ragnarok. Second time around. Humor was overdone the first time, and thus I appreciated it less this time. But I still enjoyed the story. It's the best Thor movie, but not one of the best MCU movies.