Page 192 of 211 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3162

Dog Day Afternoon.

Wind River. Man, that was a great fucking movie.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Did rewatches of Ragnarok, Justice League, and Black Panther. I think I've met my CBM quota enough to last me until Infinity War, which I probably will see 34 times.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

BANNED

Call me a hypocrite if you must. But I saw Tomb Raider yesterday. Yes after complaining incessantly that Vikander was wrong for the role. But I'm on an Emma Peel kick lately (more than usual) and I decided to give it a go.

Sadly I wish that Vikander was what I could complain about in this film, but the first 20 minutes of the film was the best bit in the movie. The rest of the film was just boring and tedious with a laughable plot. I'll be surprised if it gets a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Dog Day Afternoon.
    Another Sidney Lumet film in the same page. I love this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I agree with you. Loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Call me a hypocrite if you must. But I saw Tomb Raider yesterday. Yes after complaining incessantly that Vikander was wrong for the role. But I'm on an Emma Peel kick lately (more than usual) and I decided to give it a go.

Sadly I wish that Vikander was what I could complain about in this film, but the first 20 minutes of the film was the best bit in the movie. The rest of the film was just boring and tedious with a laughable plot. I'll be surprised if it gets a sequel.
    I heard it's not bad at all but just so damn boring. And they make yo7 watch her solve puzzles like it's a video game.

Is that the one with Hawkeye and Scarlet witch on Netflix right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Is that the one with Hawkeye and Scarlet witch on Netflix right now?
    That's the one. I honestly never thought of Jeremy Renner as all that great of an actor, but movies like Wind River and the Town really show how strong of an actor he really is. There are some scenes in Wind River that got me damned misty eyed with just some small words from Renner's Cory.

Seriously...no excuse to not watch this movie. Visually amazing, really well acted and a really, really strong thriller. The action is sparse, but when it happens...it's just damned effective.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

That's the one. I honestly never thought of Jeremy Renner as all that great of an actor, but movies like Wind River and the Town really show how strong of an actor he really is. There are some scenes in Wind River that got me damned misty eyed with just some small words from Renner's Cory.

Seriously...no excuse to not watch this movie. Visually amazing, really well acted and a really, really strong thriller. The action is sparse, but when it happens...it's just damned effective.
    Ill give it a watch, ive always liked Renner though.

SyFy is running the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, all four of them, so I watched some of that. Also some of the animated Superman movies like Brainiac Attacks.

Finally, watched Thor: Ragnarok. I really enjoyed it. I am not sure if its my favorite Thor film. I think the first Thor film was really good, though the second one was average yet enjoyable. I have a few complaints.

spoilers:

-They killed all of them. Hogun, Fandral, Volstagg. Sif was absent so i would presume she's dead. So, apart from Thor. Loki and Heimdall all are dead from the previous films. At least Hogun put up a fight. All were canon fodder.

-While the visuals were beautiful cg was pretty noticeable. Its not a problem really. More of a quibble.

-And while its not in the film itself, the first end credit scene was terrible. It reminded me of the ending of Snyder-s Dawn of The Dead Remake. Its different thing to say that a problem is going to appear. Its another to show it. That's like the whole film was pointless and they are all starting to get into danger yet again. That's like the beginning of another film. I disliked that. Shall not be brought up as its an end credits scene. But its terrible. Better stick to jokes. The second one was good.
    end of spoilers

But it was so much fun. I loved seeing how

spoilers:
    Mjolnir was simply to focus his strength. That's a true God of Thunder. Also, loved how it was something more. Asgard is made of the people. Its a wonderful ending and a beginning. And hopefully, Loki does not get into mischief again. After all he can't be king now. He can never be the king as he can't rule over the hearts of the people who are the real Asgard.
    end of spoilers

Cameos are delightful. Who was playing Loki again? lol. Stan Lee's cameo left me in pearls of laughter. The film is really enjoyable.

Ill give it a watch, ive always liked Renner though.
    I second that. Its one film of last year which hardly anyone talks about despite it being so good. But whosoever has seen it, i hear only praise from them.

There's another little film no one talks about. Girls Trip! Its a really funny R-rated comedy. Funniest film i have seen in years.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-19-2018 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Finally, watched Thor: Ragnarok. I really enjoyed it. I am not sure if its my favorite Thor film. I think the first Thor film was really good, though the second one was average yet enjoyable. I have a few complaints.

spoilers:

-They killed all of them. Hogun, Fandral, Volstagg. Sif was absent so i would presume she's dead. So, apart from Thor. Loki and Heimdall all are dead from the previous films. At least Hogun put up a fight. All were canon fodder.

-While the visuals were beautiful cg was pretty noticeable. Its not a problem really. More of a quibble.

-And while its not in the film itself, the first end credit scene was terrible. It reminded me of the ending of Snyder-s Dawn of The Dead Remake. Its different thing to say that a problem is going to appear. Its another to show it. That's like the whole film was pointless and they are all starting to get into danger yet again. That's like the beginning of another film. I disliked that. Shall not be brought up as its an end credits scene. But its terrible. Better stick to jokes. The second one was good.
    end of spoilers

But it was so much fun. I loved seeing how

spoilers:
    Mjolnir was simply to focus his strength. That's a true God of Thunder. Also, loved how it was something more. Asgard is made of the people. Its a wonderful ending and a beginning. And hopefully, Loki does not get into mischief again. After all he can't be king now. He can never be the king as he can't rule over the hearts of the people who are the real Asgard.
    end of spoilers

Cameos are delightful. Who was playing Loki again? lol. Stan Lee's cameo left me in pearls of laughter. The film is really enjoyable.

I second that. Its one film of last year which hardly anyone talks about despite it being so good. But whosoever has seen it, i hear only praise from them.

There's another little film no one talks about. Girls Trip! Its a really funny R-rated comedy. Funniest film i have seen in years.
    I liked Girls trip tiffany Haddish blowing up. I'm happy for her, I use to watch her stand up as a kid and she was hilarious.

I liked Girls trip tiffany Haddish blowing up. I'm happy for her, I use to watch her stand up as a kid and she was hilarious.
    Cool. I loved that film. Its just too funny. All the cast were really good but yes, Tiffany Haddish was the breakout. I was laughing almost every time she was speaking. A definite recommend to whosoever is visiting the thread and hasn't watched it yet. Provided R-rated comedy is their cup of tea.

Rashomon: Watched this Akira Kurosawa classic for the second time. When i watched it for the first time,spoilers:
    the statement of the Samurai took me out of the movie. Till then i was thinking this film had nothing to do with the supernatural. A crime film in a period setting. The film did not recover for me from that point.
    end of spoilers

But freed from that unexpected 'shock' i could appreciate the film more. Love the film. The film simply gets better and better with each story. And i haven't seen a final fight sequence like this. It was shocking and somewhat hilarious at the same time. Fantastic film!
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-20-2018 at 06:13 AM.

Invincible Member

Thor:Ragnarok. Fun, action packed, cool effects. Thought it was brilliant to use Led Zeppelin in the film. I could have done without spoilers:
    the Dr Strange guest appearance
    end of spoilers, although it was handled fine.