Page 2 of 211 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Straight Outta Compton...

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Straight Outta Compton 4/5. Electric first half makes up for a more routine (though still entertaining) second half.
    This was pretty much my thoughts when I walked out of the film. Good film, but it slows down a bit halfway through.

Prior to that Fantastic Four. Fell asleep one hour in, but woke up in time for the finale.

I really wasn't a fan of the script or the directing.

Go Phillies

There Will be Blood- 3.5/5 stars. I liked it more than other DDL movies I've seen (Lincoln, Gangs of New York)

Incredible Member

American Hustle
    3.5 out of 5 sounds right.

Something I've found with this director is that he feels the need for these inflated conversations overwrought with neurosis which can kill some of the momentum of his films.
    Also, love the music from that era, but it felt rather frontloaded with it to the point where it was feeling more like a soundtrack ad.

All of the established main actors did very much impress me with their depictions, Jennifer Lawrence standing out among them to me.

All in all, very solid flick, though deliberately slow paced at first, which can lose the less patient. Definitely wore a Scorsese influence on its sleeve, i thought

Go Phillies

Quote Originally Posted by Raefe Mahadeo View Post
    American Hustle
    3.5 out of 5 sounds right.

Something I've found with this director is that he feels the need for these inflated conversations overwrought with neurosis which can kill some of the momentum of his films.
    Also, love the music from that era, but it felt rather frontloaded with it to the point where it was feeling more like a soundtrack ad.

All of the established main actors did very much impress me with their depictions, Jennifer Lawrence standing out among them to me.

All in all, very solid flick, though deliberately slow paced at first, which can lose the less patient. Definitely wore a Scorsese influence on its sleeve, i thought
    I gave it 3 stars. I was pretty disappointed for all the hype it was given. Still, good performances from Lawrence and Bale

Shaun the Sheep.

I'd give a 7/10. Nothing special, but it was a cute movie with some funny moments. It was interesting how there wasn't any audible dialogue.

The best part was that staring dog.
    Last edited by Amibo_Amore; 09-21-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I Just Watch Last Saturday Night the Blu-Ray English Dubbed Version of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods!

As a Fan of DBZ and it being my 2nd Favorite Anime of All Times just behind Sailor Moon, Battle of Gods was enjoyable in the sense of adding a new layer of Mythos to the DBZ Universe and getting away from GT being the future. It played itself out well at a good pace, used most of its Large cast well to a nice degree, was funny in all the ways DBZ should be and Epic as the Anime should be in all the ways it needed to be! The Voice Acting was spot on, many returning cast member where good as always.

The Add on of the New Antagonists Beerus and Whis where indeed the Best part of the whole of the Movie!

Very Enjoyable characters and voice actors and what made them work out best as Antagonists was that they where mostly fun and funny to experience and when serious always had a good joke to it to make the most dark of situations light-hearten!

Indeed some canon and minor plot fallouts and questionable moves by characters at certain points, to much detail to go into, did not make it bad, just made it fall short of perfect.

4.0 out of 5 Stars for Me!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

In the theatres: The Scorch Trials
    At home: Jumper
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member

Mad Max:Fury Road.
    4 out of 5.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Pay the Ghost. It was entertaining.

All-New Member

"Donnie Darko" 2001(?)
    5/5

Go Phillies

Quote Originally Posted by OliverRaw View Post
    "Donnie Darko" 2001(?)
    5/5
    Another "classic" that I enjoyed, but seemed overhyped to me

Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2001) - One of my all time favorites. Godzilla's the baddie here, and I love those scary white eyeballs they give him, he looks bad-ass. Action is well staged and I liked the human side of the story, the lead actress was very good.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

Prometheus.

Made me wish the memory wiper from Men In Black did really exist so I could shoot myself with it like, five times.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Finally saw Kingsman last night. Pretty enjoyable film. I really liked Colin Firth and Mark Strong's characters.

Mark Hamill being in the film was awesome.
    Last edited by Samurai Jack; 09-30-2015 at 10:27 AM.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by OliverRaw View Post
    "Donnie Darko" 2001(?)
    5/5
    What a pretentious, overwrought, futile POS of a film. 1/5