Page 211 of 211 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211
Results 3,151 to 3,162 of 3162
    Ultimate Member

Manhunt directed by John Woo. No surprises but if you're a Woo fan, you'll probably enjoy it.

Retired

In my continuing quest of time travel movies, watched PRIMER, which was made for a reported $7 thousand and made $425 thousand domestic in 2004. I think this is the best time travel movie in the sense of using the concept in a logical way, following the science, and not making any of the silly moves that most time travel movies make. It requires a lot of thought--but for people who like movies that make them think, it's great. And for anyone who wants to make their own movie for little money, it's a work that you can learn from. It's amazing how they made good use of their limted resources. I was very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Guardians of the galaxy 2.

Fun movie but it comes out as a bit too fake. Not in the visual effect of course but the dialogues, the humor, i was almost expecting the characters to just look at the camera and wink at the end of each conversations.

Kinda hard to put into words but it wasn't like watching "real" people interacting but actors following a script and reciting lines.
    Seems like they "tried too hard."

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Double it seems.

God, are they ever going to fix those forums lol?
    So slow since Sundau morning too, I think.

I give up.......

Theatres - Mission: Impossible - Fallout. A great movie with some excellent action sequences.

Home - Up and Real Steel.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Theatres - Mission: Impossible - Fallout. A great movie with some excellent action sequences.

Home - Up and Real Steel.
    Totally agre

Retired

Watched THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE. Never read the book and put off seeing the movie, because I thought I might want to read the book first. Oh well. It felt like a synopsis--here's all the main plot points, but there's no time to fit in the development of the story. For time travel, I much prefer another Rachel McAdams movie--ABOUT TIME. I love that movie and watch it over and over again. I might need to watch it another time soon, to get back the feeling that was lost in this movie.

I caught the tail end of Damnation Alley the other day. It's a horrible movie. But Hollywood likes to do remakes. I can see Netflix or whatever doing an updated version of it. So many post apocalyptic flicks already, though.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Power Rangers, 2017.

Didn't expect a thing from it but honestly? I had a good time watching it. And i really liked the casting.

I watched The Miracle Season again.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Retired

Yesterday, I watched LITTLE CHILDREN (2006) which was an engrossing movie. It was like a novel that you can't put down. I wish I had seen it when it came out in the theatres. But one curious thing is Kate Winslet is supposed to be the ordinary looking woman contrasted with Jennifer Connelly's character who is supposed to be stunning. Sorry--I know Jennifer Connelly is recognized as beautiful--but to me Kate Winslet is the stunning woman. And Connelly isn't given much to do in this movie--which makes me wonder, because I saw INVENTING THE ABBOTTS not long ago, where she also doesn't do much but look beautiful in the few scenes she has. Is it that Connelly was type cast as the beautiful but empty woman?

Today, I watched TARZAN THE MAGNIFICENT (1960) which is the last Gordon Scott Tarzan movie. It's one of the best Tarzan movies I've seen. It only suffers for not having much Cheeta. And I think Tarzan could have used the help of Cheeta in this movie, as he almost met his match in Coy Banton, played by Jock Mahoney. The movie ends with an extended fight sequence between the two, which they must have had fun staging--being both athletic men, capable of doing their own stunts. It's hard to believe that Tarzan could be challenged by anyone, but this movie is much more grounded than other Tarzan movies--he's not an absolute superman--and Scott plays Tarzan as more fallible than he had in previous movies.

The movie also features John Carradine playing Banton's controlling and abusive father. Indeed, the movie is quite insightful about the psychology of all the characters.

Of course, Jock Mahoney (who had already tried out to replace Johnny Weissmuller) replaced Scott as Tarzan in the next movies coming up. However, I think Scott was the perfect Tarzan actor--he looks exaclty how Tarzan should look. He also clearly enjoyed being Tarzan. The exteriors were again filmed in Kenya, where Scott had already established friendshps with the tribes in the region.

There is a notion that rather large threads may contribute to server load. As such, we are experimenting with closing existing threads to see if it helps matters.
    Feel free to start a new thread on the same topic.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules