Page 48 of 211 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

A View to A Kill

Some weird casting choices, great song and Roger Moore looks like carpet.

Cap Civil War. Excellent. Almost as good as WS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I watched Secret In Their Eyes today. I didn't like the way the structured the story with time jumps back and forth multiple times, but given the amount of twists, turns and betrayals I was kept pretty riveted to the film.
    The original from '09, or that remake from last year?

BANNED

Watched The Aviator for the first time since its home release. The funny thing I noticed about this "serious" film is how much fun it's having with style. This is a "serious" movie from a "serious" director, but it's visually more stylistic and comic bookish than any Marvel or modern DC comic book movie that's been made.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Watched The Aviator for the first time since its home release. The funny thing I noticed about this "serious" film is how much fun it's having with style. This is a "serious" movie from a "serious" director, but it's visually more stylistic and comic bookish than any Marvel or modern DC comic book movie that's been made.
    That kind of makes sense. The Marvel pics have to be rooted in the real world, so verisimilitude is important. But this movie about historical figures has room to play with the look.

Pan. It was fun, not the disaster critics and some people made it out to be. It's an enjoyable adventure flick. Not great but not bad either.

Foxcatcher, excellent, but boy is Steve Carrell creepy. Fun is the last thing I would call this movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    That kind of makes sense. The Marvel pics have to be rooted in the real world, so verisimilitude is important. But this movie about historical figures has room to play with the look.
    They don't have to be rooted in the real world. Being based on comic books, comic book movies have even more room to play with their look.

They don't have to be rooted in the real world. Being based on comic books, comic book movies have even more room to play with their look.
    yes, you're right. They don't have to be.I meant choosing to place them in the real world, the more true it looks the more believable the fantastical elements become.

BANNED

yes, you're right. They don't have to be.I meant choosing to place them in the real world, the more true it looks the more believable the fantastical elements become.
    You could place them in the real world while still being visually stylistic, the characterization could easily ground the things you and I are both talking about.

I started watching Zootopia last night, but it was late so I stopped it and will finish it tonight.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

You could place them in the real world while still being visually stylistic, the characterization could easily ground the things you and I are both talking about.
    But Marvel has always been more real world than DC. It's a choice they made and I think it works great for these movies.

BANNED

But Marvel has always been more real world than DC. It's a choice they made and I think it works great for these movies.
    Yeah, in characterization, that has nothing to do with visual stylization. They also haven't been more real world when it comes to movies; or even really the comics since, maybe, 2004.

Yeah, in characterization, that has nothing to do with visual stylization. They also haven't been more real world when it comes to movies; or even really the comics since, maybe, 2004.
    In location too, New York instead of fictional cities.

Anyway I like the real world feel of the movie Marvel uUniverse.

No complaints about the design.

How would you like them stylized?

Astonishing Member

Deadpool, and it was awesome.

Deadpool.
    Really enjoyed the movie from start to finish.
    Would also really like to see a sequel.