Page 52 of 211 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Now You See Me - meh

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Just watched Goosebumps with Jack Black, and it was cute. And I have to say, it was the first film with Jack Black that I didn't hate him in it. An enjoyable, mindless little film.
    Did you see NACHO LIBRE yet? Strange humor that's right up my alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Probably no time soon. Audiences have enjoyed cute animated animals since the beginning of film.
    That was just me talking to myself in a black mood.
    Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I was the first few minutes of Deadpool, I'm not sure I'm going to watch the rest. From the tiny bit I saw I'm not really sure I get the love, didn't seem funny. But I do still kind of want to see it just to see the whole thing.
    I liked Deadpool more than I expected but wonder what made it this successful. The unicorn jokes were nasty and funny but a lot wasn't. Colossus and the female bouncer I liked and Reynold's passion for the character elevates DP a little for me, too.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 06-15-2016 at 01:18 AM.

Iron Man 3-Really enjoyed it. Much more than I thought I would.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBelle View Post
    It's a good movie, gets a lot of hate from IM fans, though. Personally like the Mandarin twist myself. Can't wait for Shane Black's Nice guys.

Currently watching the Strain and wonder why nobody talks about it on CBR (created by the director of Hellboy I and II, actors from Ant-Man and GoT)? Such a shame.

Astonishing Member

Saw Civil War last week. Probably the best Household name Superhero movie to date. The Watchmen and The Incredibles equal it I'd say. Much better than the comic book version

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBelle View Post

I liked it until the too many Iron-Men ending. Just seemed gratuitous and over the top for the sake of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I liked it until the too many Iron-Men ending. Just seemed gratuitous and over the top for the sake of it.
    Welcome to the end of basically every Marvel movie, (beside Civil War, which does it in the middle) at least Iron Man 3 did something interesting with it. Actually, it does two interesting things with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Saw Civil War last week. Probably the best Household name Superhero movie to date. The Watchmen and The Incredibles equal it I'd say. Much better than the comic book version
    It's hard to say it's better. The catalyst in the comic book is far better than the wispy-washy, have it both ways, catalyst of the movie. And Captain America doesn't ever surf a jet in the movie, which instantly makes it not as good.

It's way better than Watchman though, despite only being an ok movie. How aren't The Incredibles household names?

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Welcome to the end of basically every Marvel movie, (beside Civil War, which does it in the middle) at least Iron Man 3 did something interesting with it. Actually, it does two interesting things with it.
    Sure I get that, it's just that the too many armors to count schtick didn't work for me. On the other hand I liked the Pepper stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Sure I get that, it's just that the too many armors to count schtick didn't work for me. On the other hand I liked the Pepper stuff.
    All the armors were great, it gave "The Mandarin" a 1 vs 100 type of fight you get in kung-fu films...only the villain is the one in this case. You've even got him cutting suits of armor in half like its some martial arts movie.

The Enforcer with Jet Li

It was terrible, one of the worst jet li movies ive seen. Was bored exceot for like 5 minutes at tge end.

Jurassic World again... movie is so funni dont care how stupid it is
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

One of the most fun things about Jurassic World is how stupid it is, that it can make all these things that in isolation look really stupid work during the movie is pretty great. Although it's comments about how shitty blockbusters are these days rises it above simply being stupid.

The Martian. Excellent, smart and exciting. Not a dull moment start to finish.

Guardians of the Galaxy - still my second favorite MCU film.

Book of Eli. Still dont see why some people hate it so much. Denzel washington and Gary Oldman? Thats a acting fans wet dream, maybe not the ideal movie for them to be in together but still a very good movie. Throw Ray Stevenson in there for shits a giggles and you have a movie I watch atleast once a year since it came out. Own it on DVD and Blu Ray. Yea I use to buy DVDs now I get everything on Blu Ray