Page 53 of 211 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Book of Eli. Still dont see why some people hate it so much. Denzel washington and Gary Oldman? Thats a acting fans wet dream, maybe not the ideal movie for them to be in together but still a very good movie. Throw Ray Stevenson in there for shits a giggles and you have a movie I watch atleast once a year since it came out. Own it on DVD and Blu Ray. Yea I use to buy DVDs now I get everything on Blu Ray
    For me Washington/Oldman/Stevenson were fine the girl was not. Hot stuff but no personality. The action fine as well. The problem is I can think of at least one movie that beats Eli. Denzel was better in Training Day, Oldman in The Professional and Mad Max does post-apocalypse better than Eli. If you have already watched all of them Eli is nice but doesn't top them. Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    For me Washington/Oldman/Stevenson were fine the girl was not. Hot stuff but no personality. The action fine as well. The problem is I can think of at least one movie that beats Eli. Denzel was better in Training Day, Oldman in The Professional and Mad Max does post-apocalypse better than Eli. If you have already watched all of them Eli is nice but doesn't top them. Does that make sense?
    Its not even top 10 for Denzel or Oldman im just saying it a good movie. I see it get alot of Hate but I enjoy Denzel and Oldman alot in that movie. Then the scene where Denzel backs into the shadows then kills all those guy with a Machete in Silhouette is great. Then the dude trys to pick up his hand and Denzel just slides it away, its fun. But yes I can think of atleast 10 denzel and Oldman movies are better but it because they make good movies not because Book of Eli sucks.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Took my niece and nephew to watch Finding Dory - was quite entertaining though obviously not as groundbreaking as Finding Nemo.

Then watched Get Hard on tv - Will Ferrell always fun even in the silliest of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    Took my niece and nephew to watch Finding Dory - was quite entertaining though obviously not as groundbreaking as Finding Nemo.

Then watched Get Hard on tv - Will Ferrell always fun even in the silliest of stuff.
    Actually watched get hard tonight too on HBO lol. Silly movie but Ferrell and Heart just know how to make me laugh

Its not even top 10 for Denzel or Oldman im just saying it a good movie. I see it get alot of Hate but I enjoy Denzel and Oldman alot in that movie. Then the scene where Denzel backs into the shadows then kills all those guy with a Machete in Silhouette is great. Then the dude trys to pick up his hand and Denzel just slides it away, its fun. But yes I can think of atleast 10 denzel and Oldman movies are better but it because they make good movies not because Book of Eli sucks.
    What movies from Denzel and Gary did you enjoy most? Maybe I'm still missing out on some greatness. My favourites are:

Denzel: Training Day (10 out of 10 movie), Flight (again 10/10), American Gangster, Devil in a blue dress, Fallen

Gary: The Professional, True Romance, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, State of Grace

Spectacular Member

The Conjuring 2. It was decent, but I'm not sure why it's rated R.

Book of Eli. Still dont see why some people hate it so much. Denzel washington and Gary Oldman? Thats a acting fans wet dream, maybe not the ideal movie for them to be in together but still a very good movie. Throw Ray Stevenson in there for shits a giggles and you have a movie I watch atleast once a year since it came out. Own it on DVD and Blu Ray. Yea I use to buy DVDs now I get everything on Blu Ray
    I like it, didn't even know people hated it
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

It's not very good is probably why. It also gets laugh out loud funny around the end, and it isn't meant to be funny there.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    One, three, I can probably think of a thousand movies that beat Book of Eli.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 06-20-2016 at 08:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

New Star Wars - total piece of crap. MI-5 - pretty good spy movie. Jon Snow and Martian Manhunter in disguise.

Last 5 feature-length films that I've seen:

Spirited Away. Never seen it before as I don't watch much anime but it was actually really good. (4.5/5)
    City of God. The Brazilian Goodfellas. Very well done, raw and powerful. (5/5)
    The Master (Rewatch). Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin Phoenix are incredible in this one, and Jesse Plemons, Rami Malek and Amy Adams are also great in their smaller roles. Excellent direction with amazing cinematography this is one of my favourite films from 2012. (4.5/5)
    The Conjuring 2. Really creepy and probably my second favourite horror movie of 2016 so far. Gets the atmosphere just right and really nails it with several stunning scenes. (4/5)
    The Do-Over. Better than the first Sandler movie on Netflix but still manages to be absolutely terrible and one of the worst films that I've seen with barely any redeeming factors to it at all (1/5)

Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel a fun little British movie from a few years ago. Doesn't rise to the level of a Simon Pegg/Nick Frost flick, but enjoyable none the less.

BANNED

Just watched this on Comet TV the other day love these older films. LOTS of dark humour.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    Last 5 feature-length films that I've seen:

Spirited Away. Never seen it before as I don't watch much anime but it was actually really good. (4.5/5)
    City of God. The Brazilian Goodfellas. Very well done, raw and powerful. (5/5)
    The Master (Rewatch). Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin Phoenix are incredible in this one, and Jesse Plemons, Rami Malek and Amy Adams are also great in their smaller roles. Excellent direction with amazing cinematography this is one of my favourite films from 2012. (4.5/5)
    The Conjuring 2. Really creepy and probably my second favourite horror movie of 2016 so far. Gets the atmosphere just right and really nails it with several stunning scenes. (4/5)
    The Do-Over. Better than the first Sandler movie on Netflix but still manages to be absolutely terrible and one of the worst films that I've seen with barely any redeeming factors to it at all (1/5)

Wan NAILED the Conjuring 2. I can't wait fo r Lights out, and his aquaman film.

Extraordinary Member

San Andreas - 5/10
    Taken 3 - 3/10

Not a good movie marathon :l

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    San Andreas - 5/10
    Taken 3 - 3/10

Not a good movie marathon :l
    Did you expect anything else? Earthquake- The movie starring the Rock and a second sequel starring Liam "I do anything" Neeson?

Midnight Special 05/10
    Maybe I was looking forward to MS too much but based on the talent involved it was a letdown. I did expect a crossover of Superman's childhood and a X-Files episode. The writer/director wouldn't need 2 hours to tell the story, 1hour would have been enough. It was mostly people staring sadly or confused in silence into the camera, well acted though.