Page 7 of 211 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Go Phillies

Fruitvale Station. Good performance from Michael B. Jordan but overall an uninspiring drama. 2/5 stars

Conan the Barbarian (arnold)

This pains me to say... especially as someone that loves Arnold movies (Commando and Predator are in my top 10)...

This movie was boring and non nonsensical and the special effects haen't held up at all

I loved it when I was younger.....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

This pains me to say... especially as someone that loves Arnold movies (Commando and Predator are in my top 10)...

This movie was boring and non nonsensical and the special effects haen't held up at all

Disclaimer; I have never seen the original Conan The Barbarian movie and I hated the trailer for the 2011 movie so I never watched it either. However, I did begin reading the new/soft reboot Conan The Barbarian comics by Becky Cloonan and Brian Wood and I've loved them. They are totally awesome! I also started watching this really cool cartoon called "Conan The Adventurer".

As someone who grew up playing Ubisoft's Prince of Persia, I'd love to see a Conan The Barbarian movie by either Universal Studios or Warner Brothers with either Rupert Sanders (Snow White & The Huntsman) or Alfonso Cuarón and Chris Columbus who gave us the beautiful Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

The movie doesn't need to be nonsensical.

It's also a far better film than Commando, which is a movies that's more "good" for being so stupid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omar 382 View Post
    Fruitvale Station. Good performance from Michael B. Jordan but overall an uninspiring drama. 2/5 stars
    When that movie gets to the dog bit, you really have to start telling yourself "It's based on true story, it's based on a true story...oh how lucky the filmmakers were to get this dog bit in their true story". And then you look it up, and you find out the manipulative bit with the dog was made up for the movie, and you're like: Why was this clearly super manipulative bit even added to the movie? The scene takes you out of the movie because it's just so much.

It's a good movie, it's not great, I liked it more than I'm guessing you're 2/5 would indicate.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Despicable Me 2. Fun, not as good as the first one, but still fun.
    I watched this in the theatre back when it came out with some family, I think it's maybe the worst movie I've seen in a theatre for all of the 2000s. I don't think I laughed once the whole movie, most of the time I was just wonder how stoned the teens behind me were while watching it...at least I hope they were stoned, they were laughing way too hard, and way too much at Despicable Me 2 for how old they were if they weren't. My little cousin wasn't even getting a kick out of that movie as much as those guys were.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    When that movie gets to the dog bit, you really have to start telling yourself "It's based on true story, it's based on a true story...oh how lucky the filmmakers were to get this dog bit in their true story". And then you look it up, and you find out the manipulative bit with the dog was made up for the movie, and you're like: Why was this clearly super manipulative bit even added to the movie? The scene takes you out of the movie because it's just so much.

It's a good movie, it's not great, I liked it more than I'm guessing you're 2/5 would indicate.

I watched this in the theatre back when it came out with some family, I think it's maybe the worst movie I've seen in a theatre for all of the 2000s. I don't think I laughed once the whole movie, most of the time I was just wonder how stoned the teens behind me were while watching it...at least I hope they were stoned, they were laughing way too hard, and way too much at Despicable Me 2 for how old they were if they weren't. My little cousin wasn't even getting a kick out of that movie as much as those guys were.
    My 20 year old sister loves the movie Despicable Me 2. I think everything boils down to different strokes for different people. But I still like first Despicable Me better. Hotel Transylvania is also a good movie.

Spectre - All I can say is I am sorry I saw it. This is one of the most pointless movies about James Bond I've ever seen...and I have seen Die Another Day and Quantum of Solace.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Despicable Me 2. Fun, not as good as the first one, but still fun.
    Coincidentally just watched it this past weekend, Fun but yes forgettable. 3 stars.

Also watched Crimson Peak - great cast (Hiddleston/Waskowska/Chastain/Hunnam) and design but story somewhat lacking. 3.5 stars out of 5.

Go Phillies

Looper. Bad ass film. 4.5/5 stars. JGL is a very underrated actor. Has he ever turned in a bad performance?

Go Phillies

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    Coincidentally just watched it this past weekend, Fun but yes forgettable. 3 stars.

Also watched Crimson Peak - great cast (Hiddleston/Waskowska/Chastain/Hunnam) and design but story somewhat lacking. 3.5 stars out of 5.
    I thoroughly enjoyed DM2. 3.5/5 stars for me. Steve Carell's voice is perfect for Gru.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZionAkeda View Post
    My 20 year old sister loves the movie Despicable Me 2. I think everything boils down to different strokes for different people. But I still like first Despicable Me better. Hotel Transylvania is also a good movie.
    I didn't like the first one either, but I found it miles ahead of Despicable Me 2. I also don't really like Hotel Transylvania, although I like what Genndy Tartakovsky is doing with 3D animation there, would also say it's better than the Despicable Me movies. The Hotel Transylvania short and end credits just make me wish Sony would let Genndy Tartakovsky do traditional animation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Spectre - All I can say is I am sorry I saw it. This is one of the most pointless movies about James Bond I've ever seen...and I have seen Die Another Day and Quantum of Solace.
    I keep hearing that Sam Mendes has made a Bond movie worse than Skyfall; kind of makes me want to see it a bit now, because so many people were seemingly falling over themselves over that terrible movie. Although I suspect most of the UK press where just acting like cheerleaders because it was Bond's 50th anniversary...it was funny seeing some of them calling for it to be nominated for awards.

Go Phillies

Sin City. I've liked what I've read of the comic, but man the movie was awful. 1/5 stars

BANNED

Sin City (at least the first one, haven't seen sequel) is great.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I keep hearing that Sam Mendes has made a Bond movie worse than Skyfall; kind of makes me want to see it a bit now, because so many people were seemingly falling over themselves over that terrible movie. Although I suspect most of the UK press where just acting like cheerleaders because it was Bond's 50th anniversary...it was funny seeing some of them calling for it to be nominated for awards.
    And there are those of us who would place Skyfall as one of the best Bond movies made. If your hated Skyfall and hate Spectre, I imagine I will like it a lot.