Page 9 of 211 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Go Phillies

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    In what way was it great? It what way is any of the movie even kind of good once the get the main villain of the movie? I think Skyfall actually was for me, it just turned out to be a pretty terrible movie.

What didn't you like? I guess I could see how someone that thinks a movie like Pacific Rim is somehow disgusted wouldn't like it, since Sin a City actually is violent.
    I have no problem with violence. My top 3 movies, The Dark Knight, The Departed, and Training Day are all obviously very, very vioent. I didn't like the plot, and the unrealistic fight scenes bothered me. I will say that Mickey Rourke was made to play Marv. But other than that, very bland superhero movie. But if you liked it, power to you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omar 382 View Post
    I have no problem with violence. My top 3 movies, The Dark Knight, The Departed, and Training Day are all obviously very, very vioent. I didn't like the plot, and the unrealistic fight scenes bothered me. I will say that Mickey Rourke was made to play Marv. But other than that, very bland superhero movie. But if you liked it, power to you.
    The Dark Knight isn't even very violent, it's less violent than the two Tim Burton movies.

The unrealistic fight scenes bothered you? The whole world of that movie is hyper stylized and unrealistic, why wouldn't the fights be as well?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    The reference game, which seemed to overwhelm your viewing of the movie, was just nice asides for fans to me. I just took them as a wink and a nod and did not dominate the movie for me, as they do for you. I also liked all the action scenes, including those in London and Scotland.
    Look, I disliked The English Patient and had major problems with Titanic, to name two very successful movies. Others obviously differ. There is nothing I can say to make you like Skyfall, and nothing you can say to make my viewing less enjoyable.
    The references go way beyond cute little winks and nods, if that's all they were, that would have been ok. But Skyfall just builds and builds on references, it's basically just references for the whole second half of the movie, and then they go nowhere. When something builds to a payoff, you want a payoff, and the filmmakers better be damn good if they're going to not pay it off. It's bad when the villain driving the whole movie is just a reference with no real character, and you can't feel any connection between him and the object of his desire.

You can say what worked about the movie for you, like why you found those things good, without the need to change my mind on it.

Go Phillies

Requiem For a Dream. Seriously, seriously disturbing movie. 4/5 stars

I don't know what the fuck Nancy Reagan was thinking. If she didn't want kids to do drugs she just should have shown them this movie

BANNED

Nancy Reagan isn't a Time Lord.

Go Phillies

Maybe that was her problem

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Kurt Russell in Bone Tomahawk.

BANNED

Maybe that was her problem
    Maybe. But isn't that really a problem we all have?

Go Phillies

Seven Psychopaths. Great ensemble cast but it was largely bereft of genuine laughs. 2.5/5 stars

BANNED

So I watched Thor The Dark World. Overall it seems largely ok, it's not great or anything, but it has it moments at least. It's funny how Loki's whole thing is basically a take on The Silence of the Lambs, (that there isn't a scene where Anthony Hopkins goes down to the cell is crazy) right down to Hannibal's escape...would have been far better if they played it structurally more like Lambs, but what can you do. Something I don't get though after watching it is how some people bitch about this movie not being serious enough, how it's too funny...Jesus Christ, Dark World plays things so seriously that it gets a bit boring at times; there was more humor in The Silence of the Lambs.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

I enjoyed Thor: Dark world though Malekith could have been more memorable.

This weekend I watched Spielberg's Bridge of Spies. Good movie though it does lag at times and am not the biggest Tom Hanks fan. So 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Also watched The Interview at home. Dizzy entertainment as usual from Rogen and Franco. 3 stars.

Bone Tomahawk.

Seven Psychopaths. Great ensemble cast but it was largely bereft of genuine laughs. 2.5/5 stars
    If you were looking for laughs, you may have missed the actual movie.

Would see...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Bone Tomahawk.

If you were looking for laughs, you may have missed the actual movie.
    Isn't the actual movie funny though, isn't it a comedy just like In Bruges?

Go Phillies

HP and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. 3/5 stars. The book was significantly better