Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

I was going to write a post about how it didn't make any sense to me why someone would profess to "hate" a particular genre so much that they'd wish for it to "die." If you don't like it, don't buy/read/watch it. The market is big enough for everyone to get some of what they want. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean others who do should be denied.

Then I saw this:

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Found footage.
    Found footage movies should be staked through the heart and head, decapitated and burned in separate piles, like a rotting zombie/vampire hybrid.

Steam Punk. No, thank you.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Cooking programmes on telly.

Mainly because my wife watches them on our telly when we could be watching stuff I like more.

Realistic Fiction. If you want a taste of the real world from books, go read a nonfictional book. Leave fiction to the make-believe.

BANNED

What about reality television? what's with the flak they're getting?

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

I don't watch police procedurals on TV. The genre went downhill in the aftermath of Hill Street Blues. Now, instead of babes, explosions, and car chases, we get Method-acted browbeatings. The critics like the Gritty Realism and Fine Acting while the accounting department likes the shoestring budget for effects. The last watchable cop show probably was Walker, Texas Ranger.

For the same reasons, I don't watch TV dramas in which lawyers, doctors, or politicians are the main characters. Too much speechifying, too little shootemup.

I like superhero comics and films. But film noir and superheroes don't mix, nor do horror and superheros, nor do gritty realism and superheroes.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Vampire, zombie, police or law related stuff and most post-apocalyptic stories.

And everything with a freaking prophecy in it. That has to be the laziest plot tool ever invented.

Edit : oh and sick to see military people in every damn thing too.
    Last edited by GoingPostal; 08-24-2015 at 09:43 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MegaManChiefFan View Post
    Realistic Fiction. If you want a taste of the real world from books, go read a nonfictional book. Leave fiction to the make-believe.
    Escaping from everyone's social, religious and political agendas in fiction is getting to be ridiculous.