Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

glad this thread was (semi-)necro'd!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Nobody cares about the FF anymore
    hyperbole ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Hell yeah.

What's more, Ralph Dibny and Sue Dibny should be the pairing, and Sue should still be a ghost! Or rather, a half-ghost. Like somehow her ghostiness is intact but she can become tangible, like she's only a half-ghost!

But wait, there's more!

Firestorm and Frankenstein round out the team.
    I'd love that team as a F4 clone. Frankie and Elongated Man are 2 of my favorite characters, after all...

Quote Originally Posted by SpyrabKiller View Post
    Doesn't really work since all those are equal, or in some cases, better than their alter-company counterpart.
    lol?
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Maybe the Dan Didio reboot of the challengers can gain super powers. Don't know how they can bring back the characters that Dan Didio killed off. Or maybe the Howard Chaykin challengers can be given some interesting super powers.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 12-06-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    ^
    Sweet baby Kal-El this isn't the Marvel v Dc thread.

Ok what about instead, if during the supposed F4 lull, Dynamite published a temporary A-Team with superhero powers book.

Where the suped-up Van breaches some dimension/universe barrier, and they absorb the temporarily unused analogues powers?

Hannibal - some kind of mutable stretch-skin transforming identity power. Water
    B. A. Baracus - some kind of rocky/earth power. Earth
    "Howling Mad" Murdock - The volatile explosive fire power. Fire
    Face - (the pretty blond ones) in an ironic twist invisibility power. Air
    Dynamite could create their own Fantastic Four from public domain characters--Plymo the Rubber Man (stretching hero, C-M-O COMICS No. 1); the Voice, the Invisible Detective (invisisible hero, POPULAR COMICS 53); Wildfire (female fire hero--SMASH COMICS 25); It (Theodore Sturgeon’s 1940 pulp monster).

Dc has elongated man, invisible hood, firebrand and monolith. Primal force also had Golem.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 12-06-2014 at 12:09 PM.

Don't forget than DC has their own FF team in the Future Family of earth-8.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

If dc does a new coie story, dc could include team ups with the universes with characters similar to marvel and image.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Dc has elongated man, invisible hood, firebrand and monolith. Primal force also had Golem.
    They no longer have Monolith. Jimmy and Justin were able to buy the rights to the series, and the first four issues of the series were reprinted by Image. Obviously, they can't reprint the Batman issues, but they may be able to reprint the rest of the series. They also mentioned that they'd like to do more with the chracters, which I'd love to see.

Golem fits the role, though. Or Cliff Steele, who has more than few Ben Grimm traits.

Retired

If DC was going to have its own FF, I'd want it to be Ralph and Sue Dibny with Cliff Steele and Beatriz da Costa. I know that Sue has no metahuman abilities, but she did have tech skills in her Justice League days. Maybe she could be some kind of modern Phantom Lady, who becomes invisible to technology.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Both teams were created by Jack Kirby. Not sure how he can rip off his own idea.
    Time Travel!

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Like this. The "seemingly out of their league" vibe is what we're after, i think....
    Yeah, the concept is great.
    Maybe thrown them exploring space, or parallel Earths, or weirdo dimensions, etc.

Invincible Member

I haven't read the other pages, all I know is that Keith Giffen has to draw to revamp! ( or the re-revamp since the Challs have already appeared in the nu 52)