Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    A Synch appreciation thread, nice. I hope he is resurrected in the very near future. Not too many male mutants who mimic the power of others.
    Yeah, they should at least bring back Mimic to X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I like Synch. He would have been even cooler if he wasn't killed. the brief appearance in Necrosha was nice. While I hate random resurrection's that serve no purpose(Like Nate Grey) if they would resurrect him I hope they would actually use him. when they brought in nate Grey and 616 Blink they were used but pushed aside which sucks
    Exactly! At least Legion was used by Carey and Spurrier after being resurrected and his resurrection wasn't pointless to begin with. But it's nice to know that they're out there for writers to use if nothing else, I guess...

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    They should have killed off Penance once the twins were free.

o
    I actually wish Jay Faerber had been allowed to continue on the book, as he was writing Penance into her own person with her own mystery. Why should the fans pay for Hama's sins by killing the character off?

Anyway, love Synch and totally want him and Skin back.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Synch: The male Hope Summers (Sits back to see reaction)

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Synch: The male Hope Summers (Sits back to see reaction)
    Lol, more like Hope Summers was the female Synch... or the female Mimic... ...something like that. :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fortyseven View Post
    Talk about whitewashings.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Lol, more like Hope Summers was the female Synch... or the female Mimic... ...something like that. :P
    She had same powers as rogue, Mimic, Synch and looked like Jean and Rachel. Nothing about her was original, she was just a plot device.

Why do you guys let your board get clogged up with this appreciation spam/nonsense? Are there no mods here? Isn't there some kind of main circlejerk thread to get this kind of thing out of your system? Brand new board and the X-section is already in the dumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Why do you guys let your board get clogged up with this appreciation spam/nonsense? Are there no mods here? Isn't there some kind of main circlejerk thread to get this kind of thing out of your system? Brand new board and the X-section is already in the dumpster.
    lol sink/synch-puns

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Good question. My best answer is that half the x-fans are KREIZII and the rest just clinically insane

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I actually wish Jay Faerber had been allowed to continue on the book, as he was writing Penance into her own person with her own mystery. Why should the fans pay for Hama's sins by killing the character off?

Anyway, love Synch and totally want him and Skin back.
    Ugh, Jay Faerber was horrible. He started off *really* strong. IIRC, his very first issue had the Jublie vs. Monet Danger Room "fight". After having skipped all of Hama, I was like "Whoah, I like Monet." After that, it teetered off into...clumsy and silly.

Synch's power signature was very unique.

I liked that certain powers affected Synch himself (bulking up after copying Sabretooth) and some powers were managed through his aura (copying Chamber, he had telepathy, but his aura did the "psionic blasts" part). His ability to track other mutants with his aura was also a fun one-off thing that I don't think ever got explored too much.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 05-01-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Ugh, Jay Faerber was horrible. He started off *really* strong. IIRC, his very first issue had the Jublie vs. Monet Danger Room "fight". After having skipped all of Hama, I was like "Whoah, I like Monet." After that, it teetered off into...clumsy and silly.

Synch's power signature was very unique.

I liked that certain powers affected Synch himself (bulking up after copying Sabretooth) and some powers were managed through his aura (copying Chamber, he had telepathy, but his aura did the "psionic blasts" part).
    That was unique and different from most copycat characters who copy all powers as they are manifested by the originals. He had potential to do stuff with other people's powers that they never knew they could do and never did like when he flew using Chamber's powers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    That was unique and different from most copycat characters who copy all powers as they are manifested by the originals. He had potential to do stuff with other people's powers that they never knew they could do and never did like when he flew using Chamber's powers
    Yeah. Because certain powers manifested through his aura, when Synch copied Chamber, his face didn't blow off!

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Yeah. Because certain powers manifested through his aura, when Synch copied Chamber, his face didn't blow off!
    Jono did that to himself. He got excited with his girlfriend and blew his load all at once!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    She had same powers as rogue, Mimic, Synch and looked like Jean and Rachel. Nothing about her was original, she was just a plot device.
    Its no coincidence all of these characters are either dead or in a comma.

Mind you, I did like sink or whatever.
    Last edited by Baby_Hater666; 05-01-2014 at 09:38 PM.