Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I missed this post, but I would like to expound on what you said (at least from my point of view).

Synch wasn't a great character because he was black, or a mutant, or had a powerset that could lend him to being written into any situation easily (although I can appreciate the "risks taken" which such a character).

Synch was a great character because he was a positive, optimistic, point of view character who not only sought a greater control of his powers through his own devices (instead of being "taught"), but also helped to teach others of their own powers (see: Chamber in the "Banshee's castle" issues).

Synch had an overall narrative (and this, admittedly, might be due to my lack of exposure) that couldn't be reduced to "Oh woe is me" which, in a world full of "humans who hate mutants", actually is (as quoted) refreshing and fun. If I were capable of writing comics (let's be honest; I'm no good at prose), I'd have put Synch near the focus point (if not *the* focus point) of a generation that begins to accept mutants into a "human" society...not through reverse oppression (Magneto) or isolationism (Xavier), but acceptance and understanding.

Alas, I do understand the need for a "status quo" amongst the X-Books and sadly/realistically, in such a world...Synch has no place.
    This point is so well made but at the office i think it falls on deaf ears.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This point is so well made but at the office i think it falls on deaf ears.
    I remember that post. Great post.

I miss Ev. D:
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

He is a Black Dude and thus couldn't be allowed to live case closed.