View Poll Results: Should Gwen Stacy appears in MCU Spider-Man franchise?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 45.59%
  • No

21 30.88%
  • Whatever

16 23.53%
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Should Gwen Stacy appear in MCU Spider-Man franchise?

Before her apperances in the terrible last three Spidey's movies, do you think Gwen should appears in the future Spider-Man's movie? If you voted "yes", how could she be show and what should be her role in the new movies? If you voted "no", why should she be forgotten in this new franchise?

I voted Whatever coz I really just care for MJ being the OTL.

You should clarify what you mean by "appears."

Do you mean as a major character? Or do you mean as a girl in Peter's class that he talks to once and is essentially just an Easter Egg for fans?

Because if it's the latter, "whatever." But I take it you meant the former. That you want Gwen to serve as a major character in the MCU Spider-Man films. And if that's the case, the answer is "no." It's too soon after the Amazing Spider-Man films.

BANNED

No. Bring back Mary Jane. Besides, using someone other than Gwen would help differentiate this movie from the ASM films, and the Raimi series will have been over for a decade by the time the new Spider-Man movie comes out.

BANNED

Crazy idea here. New love interest for the movies, if there must be one in Peter's young life. A completely new and original character.

I have no problem with Gwen being in the film, though. Peter needs his supporting cast. I'd just try to find a new role for her, and same with MJ.

I'd say no. Emma Stone did too good of a job in the ASM films, so they can't re-do Gwen for a long time.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

I feel like her story has been told--well by the way with Emma Stone. MJ would be a great way to distance themselves from those movie because MJ hasn't been given a lot of justice in the way that Gwen has.

If Peter is going to be portrayed as a high schooler, than it stands to reason that a high school cast of supporting characters would be needed. I say just go for broke and give us all the major people as high H.S. classmates: MJ, Gwen, Harry, Flash, whomever.

But honestly, I haven't been excited by a Spidey movie in quite awhile, and I'd like be. I doubt the love interest will make much difference to me.

-Pav, who still thinks Spider-Man 2 was the cream of the crop...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I think anyone who's been a notable old school supporting character (chronologically or retconned) should be in the new Spider-Man franchise, since this will be the most important series of Spidey films evar. Gwen is intrinsic to Spidey's earlier years, so yes, definitely.

But in terms of love interests for the films
    PETER x BRANT 2017
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Personally I would like to see both MJ and Gwen in the background. With their respective personalities of JRjr. MJ being a party girl, fun person and Gwen being a stuck up, prissy former beauty queen with a crush on Peter.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Sure. But it might be best to save her for the college years. She was already very prominent in the previous movies, and by the time the college era comes around it would be ideal to have major new cast members to introduce.

I think they should wait a few years, but at some point, sure.

Or have Emma Stone pop up as Spider-Gwen in the third MCU Spider-Man film.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Or have Emma Stone pop up as Spider-Gwen in the third MCU Spider-Man film.
    She said at one point that she wouldn't be opposed to it. I know it'll never ever happen, but we can dream.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

I say sure she should.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Good question! For me it depends on how many films the new franchise is going to have. I'd prefer the first film to downplay the romance aspect, or at least have it be a minor crush like Liz Allen or Betty. But as Peter gets older, I wouldn't mind seeing one of the traditional love interests return. It's kind of a shame the TASM franchise tried to do the death of Gwen Stacy--if this franchise introduces both Gwen and MJ, they could have done the proper storyline, but as Kevinroc pointed out--it might be too soon to bring Gwen back right away at this point. Like Lee said, it could be better to save her for college.