View Poll Results: Should Gwen Stacy appears in MCU Spider-Man franchise?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 45.59%
  • No

21 30.88%
  • Whatever

16 23.53%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    To what degree are you saying Marvel weren't involved? Marvel Studios specifically produced the cartoon and it was executive produced by the President of Marvel Animation Eric Rollman. Sony co-produced and had the television rights at the time until Disney bought Marvel Entertainment, but Marvel were still obviously involved as it's one of their properties.
    To the degree that I have never seen Kevin Feige mention Spec. at all when discussing what they are aiming for with the new Spider-Man films. I've seen him mention Lee/Ditko and the Ultimate run by Bendis.

I think some posters are anxious for Spec. to be acknowledged that they are getting a little heated on the subject.

She could be a senior with a major in journalism! Call me, Marvel Studios!
    So, Ultimate Jessica Jones, then?

Right now. For now.
    Considering that they disliked ASM 2 opening with Peter graduating, I think he's gonna be in High School for more than one movie.

I think there's many ways for her to exist in Peter's world without delegating her to being obvious romantic prospect #1. She could be... *shines flashlight under face* A FRIEND. Hell, she doesn't even have to be on the inner circle of his social network at all, just someone notable at school.
    Honestly? I would really enjoy it if they played up Peter and MJ's platonic relationship. But everyone's always in such a rush for romance.

Wait, dating Mysterio?

As a villain, I really hope so actually. I can't think of a better classic Spider-Man villain who hasn't yet had a turn on the big screen, and like Vulture is going to pip ol' fishbowl head at the post? I've always thought Scorpion would be interesting also, seeing that he was originally created to be an anti Spider-Man before Venom even existed. But I digress.
    Mysterio is a villain that Special FX can really do wonders with today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    To the degree that I have never seen Kevin Feige mention Spec. at all when discussing what they are aiming for with the new Spider-Man films. I've seen him mention Lee/Ditko and the Ultimate run by Bendis.
    To be fair, I don't think I've ever recalled Sam Raimi or Mark Webb and their creative teams saying they were ever drawing from any Spider-Man cartoons period. I may be wrong. Having a deviation being inspired by a deviation sounds like a game of Chinese whispers.

So, Ultimate Jessica Jones, then?
    Well it's not like she needs that role since her character is going to debut in the MCU as an adult.

Considering that they disliked ASM 2 opening with Peter graduating, I think he's gonna be in High School for more than one movie.
    I agree. Probably the first trilogy will keep him in school. But Marvel Studios plans pretty far ahead.

Honestly? I would really enjoy it if they played up Peter and MJ's platonic relationship. But everyone's always in such a rush for romance.
    Why not I say. She could be an outcast. She could be homecoming queen. She's been portrayed as everything as coming from a broken home to being an unattainable model. As much as I make fun of her, the character is pretty versatile.

Mysterio is a villain that Special FX can really do wonders with today.
    The sky is the limit with Mysterio if he's written cleverly. Have a guy with near Stark level tech smarts haphazardly recreate the plot of Now You See Me. Add Spider-Man. Print money.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    To be fair, I don't think I've ever recalled Sam Raimi or Mark Webb and their creative teams saying they were ever drawing from any Spider-Man cartoons period. I may be wrong. Having a deviation being inspired by a deviation sounds like a game of Chinese whispers.
    Since I haven't heard them talk about Spec., I'm not really going to look at it as an inspiration for the new film. Feige mentioned Lee/Ditko and Bendis' USM. The director said he was a fan of the Todd McFarlene run when he was younger. So, y'know, I'd kinda look there for things that will influence the movie.

Well it's not like she needs that role since her character is going to debut in the MCU as an adult.
    Ha, true enough.

I agree. Probably the first trilogy will keep him in school. But Marvel Studios plans pretty far ahead.
    I wonder if they'll do Miles Morales so they can keep Spider-Man in High School.

Why not I say. She could be an outcast. She could be homecoming queen. She's been portrayed as everything as coming from a broken home to being an unattainable model. As much as I make fun of her, the character is pretty versatile.
    It felt like she got shortchanged for the ASM series.

The sky is the limit with Mysterio if he's written cleverly. Have a guy with near Stark level tech smarts haphazardly recreate the plot of Now You See Me. Add Spider-Man. Print money.
    He's also really different from all the other Spider-Man villains. We don't have to worry about another fight on top of a building or in an abandoned warehouse or whatever. The fight can look like it's taking place on the moon!

He's also really different from all the other Spider-Man villains. We don't have to worry about another fight on top of a building or in an abandoned warehouse or whatever. The fight can look like it's taking place on the moon!
    I think Mysterio is an idea that is bursting with cinematic potential. He could probably top ASM2's Electro in terms of being a visual spectacle.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

It felt like she got shortchanged for the ASM series.
    She pretty much was in order for the movie to focus on the relationship with Gwen, which was one of the only elements of the ASM movies that people near-universally liked, and to make people feel invested enough in a character they intended to kill off.

That just had the unfortunate effect of not leaving the franchise with much else to continue off from aside from Richard Parker and the Sinister Six, which not a lot of people cared for .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She pretty much was in order for the movie to focus on the relationship with Gwen, which was one of the only elements of the ASM movies that people near-universally liked, and to make people feel invested enough in a character they intended to kill off.

That just had the unfortunate effect of not leaving the franchise with much else to continue off from aside from Richard Parker and the Sinister Six, which not a lot of people cared for .
    I know. I said it earlier in the thread that they removed MJ because people wouldn't take the new relationship with Gwen seriously if the girlfriend from the old movies were hanging around. Which ironically is now why I don't expect to see Gwen in the new films. (And that they killed her off.)

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    Peter Parker + Betty Brant sounds like a good way to reboot the series. especially since Betty was Parker's first real girlfriend. and they've never tried pairing them off romantically before.
    Betty would be awesome since she is a very underrated character in the Spiderman world, and hasn't really been touched up on much.

Who would your fan-casting be for Ms. Brant?
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Mighty Member

I really don't expect Peter to be in a romantic relationship with anyone in the next film (and perhaps even the film after that). After the last film series, I think they're going to try to downplay romance, and focus more on Peter's friendships in high school and his relationship with May.

I think a lot of who the MCU Spider-Man movies will use and how they want to handle Peter's relationships will depend on how they want to progress him in the movies, and how long they intend for Holland to play Peter as Spider-Man.

Same with what villains they'll use and when, because while they've confirmed they'll be doing villains that haven't been done yet, I'd be shocked if they don't try and introduce Doc Ock and Osborn into the MCU.

Like they might initially move away from romance at the beginning, and focus more on Peter's other relationships while he's in high school, but then we get more traditional Spidey romance during a movie-equivalent of the college-era. If they let Holland stay on that long.

I'm curious if Captain America: Civil War has affected anyone's opinion, now that we've seen this version of Peter Parker.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets