Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Welcome Back, #1

What's to Love: We believe Christopher Sebela is one of the most exciting new comic writers and his idea of reincarnated assassins who are forever fighting, killing, and loving each other throughout endless lives is another reason why. Plus, Jonathan Brandon Sawyer's (Critical Hit) expressive art style reminds us of Becky Cloonan and Sean Gordon Murphy, and it's just perfect for Welcome Back.
    What It Is: Mali and Tessa have lived hundreds of different lives throughout time, caught up in an eternal cycle as they take part in a war so old that neither side remembers what they're fighting for anymore. As Mali wakes up in her newest life, she suddenly becomes self-aware and starts to question everything, especially why she continues to fight. But elsewhere, Tessa is already on the hunt...

Full article here.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I was lucky enough to check out an early copy of this, (thanks Chris, haha) this comic is awesome! Twist and turns, action and death! It is a really fun read. Chris does an amazing job with these characters, and the art is wonderful!

If you guys love action comics, with a great story and awesome female leads, you should check this out! I highly recommend it!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

This title's debuts need more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    This title's debuts need more attention.
    I agree! I facebook and tweet about it when I can. This is a great issue, with great talent.
    Pulls:

BANNED

The world-building has a lot of potential, also. We get a little bit of information about who all is involved and where they are in the secret reincarnation hierarchy, but there's more still to be revealed.

And the twist at the end is pretty cool. I didn't see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    The world-building has a lot of potential, also. We get a little bit of information about who all is involved and where they are in the secret reincarnation hierarchy, but there's more still to be revealed.

And the twist at the end is pretty cool. I didn't see that coming.
    Agreed, then ending really got me haha. The twist just really made me want to read more.
    Pulls:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Agreed, then ending really got me haha. The twist just really made me want to read more.
    Yeah. It all made sense at that point.

Woulda been interesting if they'd left it alone, kept that as part of her past, but I can see why they would want to connect it to the current story.