Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by buutenks View Post
    Well frieza would have died eventually,since he would have been left there to rot ^^.
    Lol. It seems that Trunks did a big favour to Frieza.

Quote Originally Posted by rgx View Post
    So that means Trunks didn't go overkill. Frieza really did need to be completly vaporized. That explains Cell's surviving the Kamehameha blowing his upper torso and nucleus off . Frieza durabilty and toughness + Piccolo regeneration=almost inmortal being who becomes stronger by recovering from near fatal damage. Basically Cell was Dbz's Doomsday.
    Except isn't as slow as molasses.

Alright,got a question.How do people treat ssj3 goku punching through king kai's planet?DO they take the 10x gravity super dense thing or just a normal rock with high gravity?Aka not very impressive.Im towards the first but just curious how people see it.
    We go by facts here. And the fact is; Goku punching through that thing just proves that Goku can strike with a force that is well above planet busting. That planet would be far tougher to bust than Earth. The fact that Goku punched right through it shows he can hit very hard.
    Last edited by Cody; 02-22-2015 at 03:48 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

And to help Hazard out in the feats department; another showing of the power that Whis wields:

And Bills getting pissed at the racket them kids are causing:

Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Except isn't as slow as molasses.

We go by facts here. And the fact is; Goku punching through that thing just proves that Goku can strike with a force that is well above planet busting. That planet would be far tougher to bust than Earth. The fact that Goku punched right through it shows he can hit very hard.
    Aha,so its high density high durability.Cool.Im glad.

Aha,so its high density high durability.Cool.Im glad.
    Basically, in order for a planet with that level of gravity to exist, it would either need to be really big, really dense, or somewhere in between. Planet Vegeta was roughly the same size as Earth yet had 10x it's gravity. Meaning it would need to be a lot denser than Earth in order to exist. KK's planet, on the other-hand, would have to be a lot denser than Planet Vegeta due to it being a lot smaller in size.

A real life example would be Jupiter. It has roughly 2.5x Earths gravity. Yet is has very little density. It offsets that by being two and a half times the size of all the other planets in the Solar System combined.
    Last edited by Cody; 02-22-2015 at 04:02 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Spectacular Member

Sorry But This is very wrong. The punch dont put goku on planet strengh. Not Even close. You need far more energy To destroy Júpiter than the earth for example. Goku punch in Kaioh planet is not even country level.

A metal ball Can have more density than earth, but you dont need planet strengh level to destroy it.
    Last edited by eaebiakuya; 02-22-2015 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eaebiakuya View Post
    Sorry But This is very wrong. The punch dont put goku on planet strengh. Not Even close. You need far more energy To destroy Júpiter than the earth for example. Goku punch in Kaioh planet is not even country level.
    Not true whatsoever. In order for a planet with that level of gravity would make it far denser than earth. It would be harder to bust it than it would to bust earth. This is a fact, not an opinion. The reason Jupiter is harder to bust is because it is incredibly vastly bigger than the Earth. Which is the point.

So yes, Goku's punch would indeed be planet+ busting.
    A metal ball Can have more density than earth, but you dont need planet strengh level to destroy it.
    Literally makes no sense whatsoever. If a metal ball was denser(thus being harder) than earth, then you would absolutely need planet busting strength in order to destroy it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Earth takes much more energy to destroy

DBZ's best striking feat is the fact they consistently are able to hurt planet level+ characters.
    Last edited by Guy1; 02-22-2015 at 10:32 PM. Reason: referencing othe rboards and calcs

Quote Originally Posted by bigseanstolemygirl29 View Post

DBZ's best striking feat is the fact they consistently are able to hurt planet level+ characters.
    Yea it's actually a lot higher than that. Also we don't use other forums here for one. You would have been better off to just copy and pasting those calcs.

Anyway this is how hard it would actually be to bust:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    Those wondering how dense King Kai's planet was. Not my calculations btw

SS3 Goku punching King Kai's planet which has 10x gravity because of it's mass:

The first calculation is figuring out the mass of the planet using gravity and radius since those are the two things we know.

The next step is Volume, using the radius.

And the third is density using the mass and volume we calced.

I also have links to a few calculators/convertors I checked the answers on.

Rearanged gravity formula to calculate mass instead (had to do short hand got formula from wikipedia) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface_gravity

g = m/r^2

m = r^2 x g

Volume formula

V = (4/3) × pi × r^3

Density Formula

P = M/V

*Very good overall calculator

http://web2.0calc.com/

cm/g to m/kg calculator

http://www.unitjuggler.com/convert-dens ... perm3.html

Density calculator

http://www.smartconversion.com/unit_cal ... lator.aspx

Volume calculator

http://www.basic-mathematics.com/volume ... lator.html

Heres the actual calcs

g = m/r^2

m = r^2 x g

m = 0.0000156961230576^2 x 10

m = 0.0000000024636827904 earth masses

Earths mass = 5.97219 × 10^24 kilograms

5.97219 × 10^24 X 0.0000000024636827904 = 14,713,581,723,998,976

m = 14,713,581,723,998,976 kg

This considers King akis planet as 100m radius and 10X gravity.

The small number is the size of king kais planets radius in relation to Earths.

volume of a sphere is V = (4/3) × pi × r^3

V = (4/3) × pi × 100m^3 = 4188790.2047863905m^3

This is using King kais planet as 100m radius.

Knowing the mass and Volume we can get density.

P = M/V

P = 14713581723998976kg / 4188790.2047863905m^3

P = 3.512608892.9415128417291527 X 10^9 kg/m^3

Density of a white dwarf star: "The average density of matter in a white dwarf must therefore be, very roughly, 1,000,000 times greater than the average density of the Sun, or approximately 10^6 g/cm3." Which translates to 10^9 kg/m^3. So in other words it is over 3.5 times as dense as a white dwarf star.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_dwarf

If you don't believe this then I found soem other calcs.

It doesn't matter here the dimension of the planet, but the density, since we are talking about a PUNCH, not a Ki blast.

King Kai's planet is not more than 30 meters in diameter (pixels-scaling), but even if it is 40, 50 or 90 meters, the order of magnitude, physically talking, is still the same (i.e. 10).

Now, gravitational force of a planet is given by this formula:

F = (G*M*m)/r^2

G is the universal gravitational constant (6,67*10^-11 [m^3/(kg*s^2)];

M is the mass of the planet

m is the generic reference mass

r is the radius of the planet (or distance between the two masses' centers)

Since King Kai's gravitational force is 10 times the Earth gravitational force, we have Fk (gravitational force of King Kai's planet) 10 times bigger than Fe (Earth's gravity).

Fk/Fe = [(G*Mk*m)/rk^2]/[(G*Me*m)/re^2] = 10

G and m are in commons and go away, so we have:

(Mk/rk^2)/(Me/re^2) = 10

Mass is Volume (V)*Density (D), with Volume (of a generical planet) = (4/3)*π*r^3;

back to the formula:

((4/3)*π*rk^3*Dk)/rk^2 = Fk and ((4/3)*π*re^3*De)/re^2 = Fe, so:

Fk/Fe = (Dk*rk)/(De*re) = 10.

The only unknown term is Dk (density of King Kai's planet), while we know De and re of Earth and rk = 15 meters (assuming a diameter of King Kai's planet of 30 m, as previously said).

So, Dk = 1,17*10^10 kg/m^3, while density of Earth (De) is 5,5153*10^3 kg/m^3, so the density of King Kai's planet is around 2 millions of times higher than the desnity of Earth, and Goku punched a whole hole throughout this material.

The most dense material known is Osmium, which has a density of 22661 kg/m^3, and, because of that, it's also the material which is most resistant to compression (462 GPa).

King Kai's planet is still half a million times more dense than this, and thus even way more resistant to physical compression.

Even if King Kai's planet had the same gravitational force as Earth, the fact it has such a small diameter would still imply a huge density, and indeed, it would still have a density around 200000 times bigger than the density of Earth.

Dou you have some info about that planet destroyed by Gladiator?

Because it could be a planet 2 times bigger than Earth, but 100 times less dense, making this feat pale compared to Goku's striking punch.

Indeed, what really matters when talking about physical punches is the density, and AT, giving us a planet of a few meters of diameter and with a gravitational force 10 times bigger than the one on Earth, is indisputably giving us that previously said enormous level of density.

Imaging taking a cube of 1 meter of each side of the following materials:

- average Sun composition: it would weigh around 1,4 tons;

- average Earth composition: it would weigh around 5,5 tons;

- core of the Sun material: it would weigh 150 tons;

- King Kai's planet material: it would weigh around 10 millions tons;

- Neutron Star material: it would weigh around 280000 billions tons.

Punching the core of the Sun would obviously require inhuman physical strength, regardless of how much matter, in kg, you punch away; even worse would be just trying to physically scratch the surface of a Neutron Star.

Well, a not even bloodlusted Ssj3 Goku actually vaporizes, with one punch, a whole quantity of a material which, according to canon info about King Kai's planet, has thousands of times the density of the core of the Sun.

This is insane, literally insane.

Punching the Earth material for Goku would thus be a joke: for him, it would be like punching air, and the Earth would collapse on itself.

"Part of martial arts it to focus your inner energy, and that is exactly what has been stated over and over from time and time again in the series, and not just by Goku. This "focus of inner energy" is what allows them to pull planet shattering punches against opponents and not destroy the planet via excessive energy (i.e. shock-waves). Their energy is so focused that they are able to subconsciously control it without needed effort on a conscious level"
    Last edited by Cody; 02-23-2015 at 10:11 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

bigseanstolemygirl29, we don't reference other boards and calcs here. Please avoid this in the future.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Those calcs for King Kai's planet are pretty worthless, since we don't know what it's made of. Take equal-sized balls of titanium and gold. The ball of titanium is much harder to damage than the ball of gold, but it's much less dense. Density != durability, not at all. Plus, Goku didn't actually bust the planet.

I'm not arguing against Goku being a planet-buster. Just saying that those calculations are worthless, as is saying that the feat in question somehow proves that Goku is a planet-buster.

My bad guys I didn't know (why is that a rule? It's much more convenient for you to just link the website especially on mobile which I'm always on).

Anyway that calc is dumb because it assumes higher density = harder to destroy. However, that would mean destroying Jupiter is easier than destroying Earth. Just plug in that assumed radius here: http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/...alculator.html
    By using the pixel scaled 22.5 m, you only get city level energy needed.

My bad guys I didn't know (why is that a rule? It's much more convenient for you to just link the website especially on mobile which I'm always on).
    Simply put, different sites have different rules when it comes to measuring a character's abilities, and they tend to conflict with how we do things here. For example, there are forums that will treat character statements as genuine fact and use that in an argument, whereas here, we only judge by feats i.e. what the character has actually shown us. Also, the rule is in place because we wish to avoid any Board Wars that could erupt (and believe us, it's happened before) due to those differences.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

It's a rule. You might want to just post the whole thing, because linking to other boards is also a no-no.

Edit: Ninja'ed by Len, and with a superior explanation to boot. :)
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 02-23-2015 at 07:50 AM.

Also, Dragon Ball treats planet busting differently than a lot of comic fiction. Outside of Beerus (and Arale by extension), who can make planets explode comedically to show off their power, generally, striking strength goes THROUGH things instead of "busting" them; needing an actual explosive ki attack to break that same amount of mass apart. Goten throwing the rocks through the mountains are probably the best example of this (or Buu batting the ki blast back through the planet). Basically, "their striking power hurts planet + durability if they put enough ki into it" suffices when you're talking about the main cast; Bills is kind of something else entirely.