Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Default Idea for Guardians of the Galaxy II

If I remember correctly, James Gunn did not want to have "Nova" in Guardians for two reasons, 1. He wanted Quill to be the only human out in space, which would make him unique (which actually does not work because Quill is not all human and the Guardians look human anyway, mostly, and 2. He wanted the heroes to be underdogs who come up against supremely more powerful threats. Well, in the sequel MAKE THE FIRST NOVA THE THREAT!

Have Rhoman Dey (who I would want re-cast) take hold of the power gem so he can protect Xandar from some big threat. He becomes the first super powered Nova Centurion, who goes a bit crazy. The Guardians go to "rescue" him, but end up having to fight him. Eventually, they learn how to subdue him and how to give a tiny bit of the Nova Force to individuals. Maybe a computer (World Mind) would be used for this task.

Are you implying that the Power Gem be the source of energy for the Nova Force? Because I kind of like that idea, and splitting it up between members of the corps is a cool concept. Thing is, it would inevitably lead to their destruction again when Thanos undoubtedly assembles the Infinity Gauntlet.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

Quill is part human on his mother's side. Moreso, he's from Earth. So culturally he's unique.

The Power Gem fueling World Mind, and by extension the Nova Corps, isn't a bad idea, though. But, yeah, it'd suck for them when inevitably Thanos comes a-callin'.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Quill is part human on his mother's side. Moreso, he's from Earth. So culturally he's unique.

The Power Gem fueling World Mind, and by extension the Nova Corps, isn't a bad idea, though. But, yeah, it'd suck for them when inevitably Thanos comes a-callin'.
    As long time Nova fans know, someone always comes callin and destroys the Xandar and the Corps.

Yes I am. The Corps does have the stone in their vault.

Spectacular Member

Considering there is no known reason as to where the Nova Force comes from in the comics, besides the Xandarians harnessing its power, there's no reason why one of the gems could be the source of their power in the movies. Maybe they create a machine that would siphon power from the gem and eventually that power would become the Nova Force. I would not expect that they would be able to siphon enough power before Thanos steals the gem and they can only create one Nova.

As for the sequel I hope to see the introduction of Phyla-Vell, maybe as Quasar. Another character I could see being introduced is the ordinal Captain Marvel and near the end of the movie or in the post credits see him flying towards Earth setting up the Captain Marvel movie.

I do expect to see Adam Warlock and the soul gem.

BANNED

Peter Quill may only be half-human, but his music and various pop-culture references makes him about as human as you can get.

I don't think Gunn cares too much about a super-powered Nova threat. I doubt Marvel cares all that much, ether. A Nova based movie is possible, but sometime after phase 3. Marvel will probably use GOTG2 to set up Captain Marvel and the Infinity War.

With that being sad, I like the idea of the Nova Corps using the power stone to enhance the military capabilities of the Corps. It's likely the Nova Corps would do this in response to Ronan almost destroying their world. The Kree in resonse would give Mar-Vell the nega bands to counter the Nova threat. This is obviously too much set up for GOTG. This could all go down in the beginning of Infinity War 1.

Quote Originally Posted by 50yearoldNovafan View Post
    If I remember correctly, James Gunn did not want to have "Nova" in Guardians for two reasons, 1. He wanted Quill to be the only human out in space, which would make him unique (which actually does not work because Quill is not all human and the Guardians look human anyway, mostly, and 2. He wanted the heroes to be underdogs who come up against supremely more powerful threats. Well, in the sequel MAKE THE FIRST NOVA THE THREAT!

Have Rhoman Dey (who I would want re-cast) take hold of the power gem so he can protect Xandar from some big threat. He becomes the first super powered Nova Centurion, who goes a bit crazy. The Guardians go to "rescue" him, but end up having to fight him. Eventually, they learn how to subdue him and how to give a tiny bit of the Nova Force to individuals. Maybe a computer (World Mind) would be used for this task.
    That's not a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, that's a Nova movie.

Plus, they've already said that the next Guardians will deal with Star-Lord finding his father.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I think Peter's dad will be Starhawk and they will end up saving Mantis and the Cotati from Nebula and Annihilus

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post

Plus, they've already said that the next Guardians will deal with Star-Lord finding his father.
    Exactly, from Hulk to Nova, to Captain Marvel, it seems people want the Guardians film to be about anything other than The Guardians.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    I think Peter's dad will be Starhawk and they will end up saving Mantis and the Cotati from Nebula and Annihilus
    I can't see Gunn straying too far from the comics on who Peter's dad is. It makes sense to be J-Son, the emperor of Spartax. I wouldn't be surprise if he is working with Thanos to find Adam Warlock and the Soul Gem. Hopefully he is able to have more screen time than Ronan to be more of a villain like Loki rather than like Malekith.

Quote Originally Posted by dvgravity View Post
    I can't see Gunn straying too far from the comics on who Peter's dad is. It makes sense to be J-Son, the emperor of Spartax. I wouldn't be surprise if he is working with Thanos to find Adam Warlock and the Soul Gem. Hopefully he is able to have more screen time than Ronan to be more of a villain like Loki rather than like Malekith.
    I thought Gunn said his dad would be diff in the movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    I thought Gunn said his dad would be diff in the movie.
    He did. Gunn hates J'son and thinks he's boring. He's right. J'son sucks as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post

Hey, I can wish for whatever I want. Doesn't mean I'm going to get it. And, even though it would be the Corps origin, it would still be a Guardians movie. They showed Magneto's origin in X-men, but it was still an X-men movie. The Guardians would still be the heroes who fight the new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    He did. Gunn hates J'son and thinks he's boring. He's right. J'son sucks as a character.
    I agree for the most part. My guess on the father is based on Quill's my saying "your father was an angle composed of pure light.
    So based on that i keep picturing Starhawk. That an Yandu said he was ajerk n that fits as well.

image.jpg

That would make peter part Eternal allowing him to hold the Gem as long as he did.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 08-18-2015 at 11:49 PM.