Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Bizarro #3

It's the Good, the Bad and the Stupid as Bizarro's road trip leads to Ol' Gold Gulch, an old West ghost town inhabited by hundreds of peaceful poltergeists. But when the long-dead outlaw El Papagayo and his band of ghostly banditos ride in to terrorize the town, it's up to Bizarro, Jimmy and bounty hunter Chastity Hex to challenge them to a showdown at high midnight!

Full preview here.

It was the cover that got me. I totally passed on this series not wanting to process Bizarro's signature mindjarring opposite double talk, page after page, ish after ish. Also his last arc in Action with his cubeworld and skewed folk was too ridiculous. Don't get me wrong he is okay -even fun- in small doses. Heck, that Seinfeld ep was hilarious. So, I was just going to let it go but then heard this is only 6 issues, Olsen was his sidekick, and that cowboy cover was hilarious...

BIZ-Cv3-ds-55ce8b59300687-27873061-9236c.jpg

This ish was... fun. Even in it's predictable simple silly story way. Meeting Chasisty Hex was fun and the Old West DC cast cameo was fun. The art was good clean fun so was the pyschic map of Bizarro's being. Ha. Maybe I should check ou 1 & 2 afterall. The previews are very promising:
    1 seems to have some vested logic in fitting this mini into canon not to mention Superman and spies not oblivious of his presence!
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=27864&pg=2
    & 2 seems to have a riotous intro, AFAIK, of campy 60's TV villain King Tut into Earth 1 canon which is long overdue!
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=28249&pg=1
    & NEXT ISSUE has ZATANNA gues starring! I think I may just stick around ...waitforit... for a spell.
    Last edited by Bookem Danno; 08-23-2015 at 02:34 PM. Reason: add cover

I'm liking it, but I think that after 6 issues I will have had enough of this type of stuff for a while.